Simple, effective, secure VNC sessions
For 32- and 64-bit Windows 2000, Windows XP, Window Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008
Based on OpenSSL 0.9.8o
No pre-shared key or password required!
Current Version - v2.3 - Nov 8th, 2010
Please refer to the official website for downloads and the most up to date information!
New in v2.3:
- Connections are made much faster than before due to various performance improvements.
Now licensed under the LGPL
New cipher option, AES-CFB, uses the cipher feedback (CFB) mode of operation rather than output feedback (OFB).
New cipher option, 3AES-CFB. See the history section on the website for more info.
- Default configuration uses 2048-bit RSA keys and 256-bit AES keys.
RSA public-key cryptography supports 512-, 1024-, 2048-, and 3072-bit keys.
Configurable choice of symmetric ciphers and keys
- AES, AES-CFB, 3AES-CFB: Supports 128-, 192-, and 256-bit keys.
Blowfish: Supports 56-, 128-, 192-, 256-, and 448-bit keys.
IDEA: Supports 128-bit keys.
CAST5: Supports 56- and 128-bit keys.
ARC4: Supports 56-, 128-, 192-, and 256-bit keys.
All versions are threadsafe, allowing the UltraVNC server to host multiple simultaneous viewers.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.x betas or the special UltraVNC 188.8.131.52 builds available on the SecureVNC plugin website are required for all the great new features; older builds use the legacy plugin interface. The legacy interface remains unchanged, however it does benefit from the performance improvements.
What does the future hold?
Preparing to split into two editions!
- The standard edition will use a FIPS-certified cryptographic module, which also means AES will be the only recommended and supported cipher in the standard edition.
Other ciphers will remain in a separate edition for users who are forced to abide by cryptographic legislation that restricts their freedoms.
- (x86 - 32bit) - http://adamwalling.com/SecureVNC/SecureVNCPlugin.dsm
(x64 - 64bit) - http://adamwalling.com/SecureVNC/SecureVNCPlugin64.dsm