Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SC + Vista Compatibility - WORKING!!!!!!

Single Click discussions / bugs
cyberdoc

Re: SC + Vista Compatibility - WORKING!!!!!!

Post by cyberdoc »

.. Sainsuper

I'll see if I can find some time to implement the UAC registry fix in the native WIN32 application at the end of this week..
quangdog

Post by quangdog »

cyberdoc wrote:.. Azz

I just repacked all the versions to include the same content as custom.zip.
They have replaced the previous versions located at:

http://www.uptime.dk/opensource/ultravnc_sc_vista/

ultravnc_sc_noaero_7zipSfxVersion.zip :
It has a built in test for VISTA.
Native WIN32 (Recommended).

If you need to you can use the Reshack tool included in the 7zip versions to modify the 7zsd.sfx file as you like. Version information and so on... I used it to change the icon on the final result. The original sfx is included in the zip as 7zsd.sfx.org.

I hope this helped..
I tried the ultravnc_sc_noaero_7zipSfxVersion.zip version, and it's great! Aero shuts of perfectly on Vista, and the connections are fast. I also tested it on an XP remote box, and discovered that when it connects, it hides the cursor on the remote computer. So, while I control the XP machine just fine, the user sitting in front of it can't see the mouse cursor moving around as I work. They just see buttons get pressed, windows open, settings changed, etc.

Is this a function of the VNC viewer I'm using on my end (VNCViewer for Mac OS X) or more a function of the SC?

Thanks again!
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

cyberdoc

thanks for reply.
ObieOne

Post by ObieOne »

Hi folks,

Greath new version of the tool.
We had serious issues with vista to vista connections. It was unbelievable slow due to Aero.

But...
I tested all the version here. However as soon as the client computer (server side) request for any approval (UAC) it breaks the connction.
For example try to open the registry editer. As soon as UAC pops-up the connection breaks.
Or try to install live messenger. UAC asks to if your sure, just before the actual install starts.

Anybody now how to fix this?

Arno
Last edited by ObieOne on 2008-04-04 08:21, edited 2 times in total.
Egsise

Post by Egsise »

Because disabling UAC reguires reboot, I have been using TweakUAC so that client can easily disable it before opening SC.
It would be great if SC could disable it thought.
http://www.tweak-uac.com/download/
Last edited by Egsise on 2008-04-08 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
Radeon

Post by Radeon »

Hi Guys,

There seems to be alot of questions coming up about UAC. All i will suggest is that you read the rest of the post above which does disable UAC without a reboot and also fixes your problems with disconnections when the UAC windows pops up. (because it wont)

Try one of the builds from Caramel and Us and you may get better results.

Regards,
Egsise

Post by Egsise »

I ended up using cyberdocs ultravnc_sc_noaero_7zipSfxVersion.zip because it seems to be a bit easier for a noob like me, and because cyberdoc seems to be a perfectionist and is constantly fixing issues that are not perfect.

Good things are worth waiting. :wink:

Annoyances:
That UAC thingy(yeah coming, I know)
F-Secure detects uvnc_sc.exe as malicious(F-Sec virusscan needs to be disabled for a second, no big deal really, just annoying.)
redndahead

Post by redndahead »

I hate that these virus companies are lazy and still detect AutoIT scripts as viruses. When they certainly are not.

Cyberdoc,

I still need to test yours out, but I have made a compiler program in AutoIT that will handle building the executable and the settings. I think it would be nice to combine the two. If you could give me a heads up on what the UAC fix your integrating is I can work it into my compiler.
JohnZS

Post by JohnZS »

Hi
I've noticed a lot of recent activity in this thread, has CyberDoc, Radeon, Caramel, pgmoney, and Greta been pooling resources?
Any idea when we are going to be able to see the hostname/PC name on the viewer?
Thanks
John
"He who controls the past controls the future, he who controls the present controls the past....."
williamts99

Post by williamts99 »

Glad to hear that you have it working. I was trying to figure out how to convert this to my situation, maybe someone can help.

I have an self extracting RAR, that has two files:
vnchooks.dll
winvnc.exe

Then for the comment I have the following and it works perfectly, but of course has the problems with Vista, which files do I need to add/change to the archive to make it work with vista?

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=winvnc.exe -connect mydyndnsaddress.homeip.net:5500 -noregistry
TempMode
X3

Post by X3 »

I made a SC the way the intructions say. (based on REL 1.00)

It werks great so that I connect to my mum/sister's machines which have Vista running on them.

I did not use anything special or did anything different.

They did have to get it past UAC/Firewall that was the hard part.

either way I just notice that when connected its slow as hell but it werks.
Regards

Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Hello to all,

CyberDoc: I appreciate your effort in improving SC support for Windows Vista, many thanks!

I'm testing your work with Vista 32 bit (home premium and ultimate) here is my result:

- ultravnc_sc_vista_7zipSfxVersion
vista_sc fails (vista_sc stop working) the only way to start without any error is to run it with administrator privilege

- ultravnc_sc_vista_AutoItVersion
vista_sc is detected as a virus "WORM_AUTORUN.TI". I think that this problem depends for the AutoIT batch file.

I'm still waiting that you find some time to implement the UAC registry fix in the native WIN32 application. :D

Many thanks for your work!

Alberto
VNCFreak

Post by VNCFreak »

First off... thanks a TON for Vista support! It's GREATLY appreciated!

I got a chance to try connecting to a client's Vista machine today and everything worked perfectly. But after disconnecting, it left their desktop background set to a different wallpaper (they had a custom photo set as their background). Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks
Last edited by VNCFreak on 2008-05-06 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
JaleXNet

Post by JaleXNet »

test on Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

(testeado en Windows Vista Ultimate con y sin el SP1)

- ultravnc_sc_vista_7zipSfxVersion
- ultravnc_sc_vista_AutoItVersion

connect fine and fast (UAC and Aero is disabling while SC is connected), but has a problem with the system like

(conecta bien y rapido (UAC y aero se desabilitantan mientras SC esta conectado), pero tiene varios problemas con el sistema como... )

- Windows Explorer not Responding.... Closes (Windows Explorer no responde .... luego se cierra)
- Different Aplications not responding and closing (distintas aplicaciones se cierran y dejan de responder)
- McAfee disappear from the task manager (el icono de mcafee (8.5i) se cierra solo)
- WinVNC " " " " " (el icono de WinVNC (SC) no aparece en la barra de tareas)
- Error on trying Install Aplications (si quiero instalar alguna aplicacion, el instalador entrega un error)

(Everything while SC is connected, when SC closed everything is fine at no reboot the pc)

(todo esto pasa mientras estoy conectado con SC, si me desconecto o cierro SC, todo vuelve a la normalidad inmediatamente, sin la necesidad de reiniciar el pc )

Sorry my english. (Mejor en Español)

Saludos desde Chile.
Last edited by JaleXNet on 2008-05-16 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
.CL
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

JaleXNet wrote:Sorry my english.
you should post in english and your native language (in the same post), then others who speak your native language may be able to translate if needed.

thanks guys for all your working in getting the vista support working.

if you need help getting the modifications done in native APP, let me know, together we should be able to do it.
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

@Caramel,
do you think you could update the original post with links to the posts of interest in this thread, that way allowing new readers to find key information quickly ...

Thanks to brainwave64's excelent script, i don't have to do quite as much work to get VNC2Me working with vista ...

thanks everyone for all the great work, and for sharing the results of your hard work ... much appreciated (as im sure you can tell by all the new people posting)

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
BigAl.NZ

Post by BigAl.NZ »

Hi Guys,

I am confused as to which to use:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6g4p20cdby
or
http://www.advantig.com/oneclick/

I see advantig is paid for commercial, so whats the diff? Whats more polished product?

Cheers

-Al
redge

Post by redge »

> http://www.mediafire.com/?d6g4p20cdby
unknown, never heard about this, unsure.

> http://www.advantig.com/oneclick/
Free for no commercial or paid for business usage.
safety to use,
external developer of ultravnc and spend little time of their free time for UltraVNC :-)
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

http://www.advantig.com/oneclick/
one click appears to be a good program, and pgmoney contributes to UVNC with bugfixes and such (despite coping flak from some).

so if i needed a program for commercial use, i would pay the small amount and go with one-click, many people use it and it seams to work well for them (i used it once, but just as a test)

if your like me, and support open-source products, or your don't like to pay anything, then, the links and information in this post, should provide you enough information to get started supporting vista ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Radeon

Post by Radeon »

The Mediafire link is one of the ones posted by us and is one of the older builds. I would suggest using a later one from caramel or a later version from one of the other guys but i would suggest that until the UAC is turned off in one of the exe versions, the autoit version is the best to use as it doesn’t kick you off when the UAC windows pop up.

Been a while since I have been on here and its hard to keep track! I can repost the Autoit version if anybody wishes.

With regards to pgmoney "coping flak from some" which I’m sure was directed at me.... when someone starts sending me PM's saying I’m "I'm Irish and this could really get out of hand if it continues" and implying pathetic threats, they generally "Cop a bit of flak" from me!
JohnZS

Post by JohnZS »

Dudes

Instead of splitting hairs and debating over whether this SC is better than that SC or this tool is better than that tool.
Lets pool all our resources, combine teams and code an ace SC tool which would give the hostnames of devices connected at the top of the viewer window.

I am not sure if anyone else would like this feature added to the single click but I would really like to see a SC tool which displays the hostname AND the IP of the computer you are connected to on the UltraVNC Window.

Then SC would be really cookin' on gas8)

JohnZS
"He who controls the past controls the future, he who controls the present controls the past....."
BigAl.NZ

Post by BigAl.NZ »

Can someone please post links to the autoit version and, the caramel version?

Does the caramel version kick you off if a UAC window comes up?

Cheers

-Al
BigAl.NZ

Post by BigAl.NZ »

...Found it - thanks
zleviticus

Post by zleviticus »

Ok i need some assistance as i guess i must be doing something wrong. I have installed every flavor that has been posted and am having the same issue. On my vista machines when the SC is ran it is asking me for admin user and password to run. I have been able to get the oneclick to run just fine which is what puzzles me. The machines are Vista with the latest service pack and hot fixes installed.

The users are general domain user permissions on a win2k3 AD domain. Any thought as to what could be the issue? are there certain permissions the user needs to have to run this other than default domain users and plain user?

thanks i look forward ot gettting this working.

Z
Puppet

Post by Puppet »

I have the same question regarding the prompt to enter an admin password when run on vista for a standard user. :(
sbk

Post by sbk »

I have tried the ultravnc_sc_noaero_AutoItVersion.zip from cyberdoc on page 6 and it works great. Thanks a lot for this nice help!

SBK
Last edited by sbk on 2008-06-19 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Caramel

Post by Caramel »

Update - see first post added file links for my current version..

includes Radeon's aero disable etc

versions posted are the ones i use on a day to day basis supporting my clients

i use the autoit primarily but fall back to the z if an over-zealous antivirus kills the autoit
pallebone

Post by pallebone »

Hi Caramel

I cant seem to access your files that you have posted at

http://sydflexi.dyndns.org/release/down ... ersion.zip

I get a connection timed out whilst loading the page...

Pete
digerati

Post by digerati »

Can anyone help with pointing me to the most recent perfect download that works on vista and does away with the UAC annoyance?

The link is broken
http://sydflexi.dyndns.org/release/down ... ersion.zip
Last edited by digerati on 2008-06-23 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
pallebone

Post by pallebone »

can someone repost this?

pete