Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (7, 8, 10, 2k8+) 26/3/20

Single Click discussions / bugs
priest_004

Re: SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (2K, XP, Vista, 7, 2008) 8/4/1

Post by priest_004 »

Hello there folks.

Firstly, JDaus, fantastic work on sc_prompt. (and everyone else who has contributed) :thumbs:

ok so here comes the n00b stuff..... :stupid:

I have been trying to get SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own_0.9.12.34, to work with Vista. Also installed is UVNC 1.1.8.

I am struggling, A LOT. I have read through this very long post and (perhaps I missed it) still can't get it to run properly.
By that I mean, not at all.
Could someone please either post or point me in the direction of, a complete "how to" guide. (with or without encryption).
I want to use the button GUI with one connection (me) I am able to replace Most of the .ico's and logos etc, so no problems there.

I really want to use this to be able to help family with simple problems.
If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance :)
faba

Post by faba »

Has anyone tried Scprompt with Windows 8 yet? Is it possible to integrate the ne schook.dll and if so, does it then only work on Windows 8?
CPC

Post by CPC »

faba... I have been running ScPrompt with Win 8 machines for several weeks with success.
Recently updated to UVNC 1.1.8.4 32 bit inside SCPrompt with continued success.
Sorry, I don't have and answer re: the schook.dll
CPC

Post by CPC »

SCPrompt feature request and/or guidance.

A visible Stopwatch aka Connection timer.

For a long time I have been using UVNC-Helper created by John McLaren from here http://johnscs.com/uvnc-helper. One thing I miss from that program when using SCPrompt... is that when the user runs UVNC-Helper the GUI changes to display a very small timer/stopwatch of the connection duration. This is very handy for several reasons. Obviously one is keeping track of how long I provided support (and the client can see this as well). A handy 2nd advantage is visually seeing the timer clicking away the seconds vs. a frozen timer. This gives me instant feedback at a glance if the remote machine isn't transmitting to me for whatever reason... connection, locked-up etc. The ping is also displayed which is also handy, but not as missed as the timer.

Currently, I have SCPrompt setup to connect immediately to me upon the user executing it. It reduces down to the taskbar and is working well. I then manually start a 2nd tiny 12KB program called Stopwatch and drag it to the bottom of the screen so that its timer is just peeking over the taskbar for me to see. (Found here http://www.thexsoft.com/StopWatch)

It would be really handy to have a tiny stopwatch integrated into SCPrompt similar to what I've described. (or somehow automatically launch and close with it) (If I didn't describe it clearly enough, a screenshot can be provided to clarify.)

Is there a possibility of adding this and/or do others have an easy work around?

Thanks for SCPrompt : It is a great tool.
CPC
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

WOW ... has it been nearly 2 years since my last release ... where has the time gone ?

does anyone still use SCPrompt ???

i will have to go digging through backups to see what exactly i have backed up, as i suffered a HDD crash some months back on my laptop, and lost a fair amount of stuff (i preached to my old customers about having backups, but hadn't been doing them myself for a while) ...

I'm sure SCPrompt is backed up somewhere... just finding it will be the hard part :D
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
CPC

Post by CPC »

Send me all the source code and I will back it up for you.
:-)

I'd like to see if we can reduce the countdown timer on the auto-connection and/or have a user selected countdown for it.
faba

Post by faba »

Yes, I am still using it and it does work even under Windows 8 with the new UltraVNC capture engine which also fixes the task bar thumbnails and other parts being invisible through VNC. The only penalty is that the engine/dll does only work on Windows 8 and not 7.

To cut a long story short there are still some bugs but Scprompt does work fine. Thanks for your work.
Karmashock

Post by Karmashock »

Having a terrible time getting this to auto connect.

Here are my settings:
Build_7z

[Customise]
Name=Build SCPrompt 7zip exe
Description1=This will create the 7zip EXE from the scprompt sub-directory.
Description2=Do you want to continue
Directory=scprompt
Application=scprompt.exe -c 0
FileName=scprompt_0.9.8.34
UseUPX=0
UseCMDline=1
============================================================
SCprompt.ini

[Common]
#Define the application name
APPName =Remote Support
#Define the language to use for GUI labels and tips
#LANGUAGE = "German"
# Use Mouse Sonar, this is not disabled when application closes http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Sonar
MAIN_ENABLE_SONAR=0
MAIN_DISABLE_UAC=1
INETUPDATE=0
TESTUPDATE=0
UseSC_Prompt=1
UseSC_Server=1
UpdateURL=
AppReRunTimer=30
autoreconnect=1
ServiceMode=1
#RemoteINI="http://www.yts.com.au/support/scprompt_remote.ini"
LANGUAGE=

[GUI]
DisableManualConnections=0
GUI_Type=5
#Text
TEXT1=Text 1
TEXT2=Text 2
TEXT3=Prior to connect call:
TEXT4=12345/54321
WebPage=www.secit.com.au
Set_photo=1
Set_logo=1
Set_webpage=1
TraySetStateShow=9
TraySetStateFlash=4
Tel=

[Colour]
#GUI Backgroundcolor
BGCOLOR=0x4E6FD6
BGCOLOR2=0x848484
BGCOLOR3=0x000000
Text1BGColor=0xFFFFFF
Text2BGColor=0xDEDBE7
#Textcolor
COLORTEXT1=0xffffff
COLORTEXT2=0xffffff
COLORTEXT3=0x000000
COLORTEXT4=0x000000

[SC]
ManualAddress=
ManualPort=
ManualID=

UsePredefined=4
SCName_0=Primary
SCIP_0=listener IP address
SCPort_0=5500
SCID_0=
SCName_1=connection2
SCIP_1=12.34.56.2
SCPort_1=5500
SCID_1=
SCName_2=loopback
SCIP_2=127.0.0.1
SCPort_2=5500
SCID_2=
SCName_3=loopback2
SCIP_3=127.0.0.1
SCPort_3=5501
SCID_3=
SCName_4=loopback3
SCIP_4=127.0.0.1
SCPort_4=5502
SCID_4=
SCName_5=loopback4
SCIP_5=127.0.0.1
SCPort_5=5503
SCID_5=
SCName_6=loopback5
SCIP_6=127.0.0.1
SCPort_6=5504
SCID_6=
SCName_7=loopback6
SCIP_7=127.0.0.1
SCPort_7=5505
SCID_7=
SCName_8=loopback7
SCIP_8=127.0.0.1
SCPort_8=5506
SCID_8=
SCName_9=loopback8
SCIP_9=127.0.0.1
SCPort_9=5507
SCID_9=
SCName_10=
SCIP_10=
SCPort_10=
SCID_10=

=========================================

I have no problem if I set the program to manual and then connect from there. But if I set it to automatic I get this error:
"server closed connection
-The sever running as application"

It appears to be running as a service so I don't understand the error.

Anyone know why it would run perfectly if run manually but fail when run automatically?
greyman56

Post by greyman56 »

JDaus wrote:does anyone still use SCPrompt ???
Sure do. I have been using it since 2009. Actually have not updated it since 0.9.12 and it has even worked (just OK) on the current Windows 7 64bit (with a couple of UAC issues).

JDaus, do you still use scprompt for your remote support and does it have a future? Or is there now a better VNC solution for a customizable downloadable exe file that can connect back to a base support office?
damnsharp

Post by damnsharp »

CPC wrote:SCPrompt feature request and/or guidance.

For a long time I have been using UVNC-Helper created by John McLaren from here http://johnscs.com/uvnc-helper.

Currently, I have SCPrompt setup to connect immediately to me upon the user executing it.

CPC
Hi CPC,
I tried at a friend to connect with UVNC-Helper to my UVNC Viewer 1.1.8.8 and both connect but the screen stays black and I get vncviewer message box: "server closed connection - the server running as application".
What could that the problem?

Also I tried SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own_0.9.12.34 and SCPrompt2011_roll-your-own_1.11.4.47 but both I cannot can to connect to my computer with UVNC Viewer 1.1.8.8., I see the desktop and shortcuts but I cannot click anywhere.

Thanks!
damnsharp

Post by damnsharp »

CPC wrote:SCPrompt feature request and/or guidance.

A visible Stopwatch aka Connection timer.

For a long time I have been using UVNC-Helper created by John McLaren from here http://johnscs.com/uvnc-helper. ............

Currently, I have SCPrompt setup to connect immediately to me upon the user executing it. It reduces down to the taskbar and is working well. I then manually start a 2nd tiny 12KB program called Stopwatch and drag it to the bottom of the screen so that its timer is just peeking over the taskbar for me to see. (Found here http://www.thexsoft.com/StopWatch)

CPC
Please CPC, do you also use "SCPrompt2011_roll-your-own_1.11.4.47" with UVNC Viewer 1.1.8.8. ? When I get an connection, it is very slow and I cannot click anywhere on my friends screen.
Also CPC, I tried johnscs.com/uvnc-helper and that one connects to UVNC Viewer 1.1.8.8. but than I get black screen with error vncviewer message box: server closed connection - the server running as application
CPC

Post by CPC »

To DamnSharp... I am using 1.1.8.8 (server and viewer) currently in a custom build and have used it in both the roll your own scprompt and John's UVNC helper - modified to use 1.1.8.8 - with very good performance.

Assuming your friend has a decent network connection, your slowness and issues can often be resolved via the suggestions below. Of course if your friends system is infested with malware and/or has a really bad network connection then even after tweaking the uvnc settings the uvnc performance may still be slow until the issues are corrected. With a good network connection and well running healthy computers, UVNC remote control is very fast. I use it 6-12 hours per day in supporting customers and removing malware worldwide.

(Test your builds of your help software on healthy computers with excellent lan or hardwired cable internet connections first, before attempting to help people with poor connections, wireless connections or malware infested machines. (This may not apply to your current situation DamnSharp - just generally speaking and this may be obvious to some.))

Suggestions to look into...
The viewer settings at your end and/or your ultravnc.ini settings on the server side.

On the viewer side...Create a shortcut to launch your viewer and within that shortcut properties try setting your target on your viewer shortcut to "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe" -listen -quickoption 4" ...adjusting your path as needed in your install.

On the server side (whichever server help application you use / reverse connection app) adjust your uvnc.ini
Below is part of the uvnc.ini I use daily that may help you tweak yours.

[Permissions]
[admin]
FileTransferEnabled=1
FTUserImpersonation=1
BlankMonitorEnabled=0
CaptureAlphaBlending=1
BlackAlphaBlending=0
DefaultScale=1
UseDSMPlugin=0
DSMPlugin=
primary=1
secundary=0
;yes spelt this way as needed
SocketConnect=0
HTTPConnect=0
XDMCPConnect=0
AutoPortSelect=1
InputsEnabled=1
LocalInputsDisabled=0
IdleTimeout=0
EnableJapInput=0
QuerySetting=2
QueryTimeout=0
QueryAccept=0
LockSetting=0
RemoveWallpaper=1
RemoveAero=1
DebugMode=0
Avilog=0
DebugLevel=0
AllowLoopback=1
LoopbackOnly=0
AllowShutdown=1
AllowProperties=1
AllowEditClients=1
FileTransferTimeout=30
KeepAliveInterval=5
DisableTrayIcon=0
MSLogonRequired=0
NewMSLogon=0
ConnectPriority=0
service_commandline= -autoreconnect -connect youripaddress::5500
;yes as in ::port
[ultravnc]
passwd=1BADBOY123whateveryouuse
[poll]
TurboMode=0
PollUnderCursor=0
PollForeground=1
PollFullScreen=1
OnlyPollConsole=0
OnlyPollOnEvent=0
MaxCpu=40
EnableDriver=1
EnableHook=1
EnableVirtual=0
SingleWindow=0
SingleWindowName=
damnsharp

Post by damnsharp »

Thank you very much CPC for reply! :D
I will definitely try the options you give me. I will test it in a LAN environment and later on across the internet. I will try viewer and server tips you handed me.
In the first sentence you write "have used it in both the roll your own SCPrompt and John's UVNC helper - modified to use 1.1.8.8". Could you tell me what I need to do to modify SCPrompt and Johns UVNC helper to 1.1.8.8. standards?
Other question, is it better to use SCPrompt or Johns UVNC... ?
Last but less important question for now (because first it need to work), how to secure the whole process? Or does SCPrompt and Johns UVNC has the add-on already in it?

Have a great weekend, appreciate the help! :thumbs:
CPC

Post by CPC »

RE: "Could you tell me what I need to do to modify SCPrompt and Johns UVNC helper to 1.1.8.8. standards?" --- Both have guides/info on this posted.. as well as some source code. It mostly a matter of just substituting in the latest uvnc server version.

RE: "is it better to use SCPrompt or Johns UVNC_Helper... ? --- Ford or Chevy, chocolate or vanilla? Both work... Use the one that meets your specific needs the best.

RE: how to secure the whole process? --- How you do it, how to secure it and the amount of security you need is somewhat dependent on your individual needs. There is minor security built in via the password.. but read up on its vulnerabilities do your own risk assessment. Consideration should be given to what type of data is each system, if a VPN is being used, is the help being given over WAN or LAN, if its a server always on listening for connections from a WAN or just a quick reverse connection to quickly help someone. You may prefer to do one thing on a server with financial data that is always one vs something much simpler to quickly help grandma take a virus off her computer that she only stores cat photos on. Google is your friend with keywords such as "secure", "uvnc" , maybe "plugin" or "how to setup a vpn". Many ways and many entries here and elsewhere on this.

:-)

*updated today to 1.1.8.9 version
damnsharp

Post by damnsharp »

@CPC, thank you so much :D for your uvnc.ini and how I need to start on my computer the vncviewer listner with -listen 5500 -quickoption 4. I created a new SCPROMPT version with your uvnce.ini and tested it with my dad (live an hour from my home) and his computer and it works perfect! The computer of my friend it doesn't work so I think he has to much mallware or it is because of his rather strange anti virus / firewall program: Vipre. I am not sure.

Again, thanks! :thumbs:
truck0321

Post by truck0321 »

I found the source code using Resource Hacker but there are no semicolon line terminators,no includes, and probably a few other things missing. I'd like to get this to compile in Visual Studio, but my C++ skills aren't good enough to know how to setup the project. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

greyman56 wrote:JDaus, do you still use scprompt for your remote support and does it have a future? Or is there now a better VNC solution for a customizable downloadable exe file that can connect back to a base support office?
Hello fellow Aussie :D

I basically haven't used SCPrompt much since I started developing it, many years ago.

I use VNC2Me SC for some things, occasionally, but mostly use VPN's and RDP, as I only support a few servers, for selected customers.

I started writing this as something to do, and a way to increase my knowledge and I was sick of seeing people make crappy software and trying to make a quick buck out of it ... that's why its open source and always will be.

as for its future.

I will be around to help and support it as long as I can foresee and as long as people need me to be (and appreciate the work I have done on this behemoth). but if I'm not, and you need something fixed, grab the source and ask for help on the autoitscrip.com forums ... there are some extremely talented people on there that are far better than I, and they are always ready to help. I'm sure one of them will help you out.
CPC wrote:I'd like to see if we can reduce the countdown timer on the auto-connection and/or have a user selected countdown for it.
The whole idea of the count down timer is to make it so its an automatic connection thing, with only the option to stop that connection.

but if you used it will a dynamically created INI (by using a PHP script for example) and had the option to download the INI from the web in the built EXE, then you could have it auto connect to whomever you wanted :D

Or if you want to develop a new GUI, go right ahead ... the source has lots of different examples in there, just figure out how it all works and add another GUI as yet another option (SCPrompt will be the swiss-army-knife of remote support solutions eventually :wink:
CPC wrote:A visible Stopwatch aka Connection timer.
A good suggestion.

If you can isolate the code from the UVNC-Helper sources, and make it so that its a function to start it and a function to clear the timer, i will integrate it in for you as a tool (with maybe an autostarttimer option in INI :D
truck0321 wrote:I'd like to get this to compile in Visual Studio, ...
Its an Autoit script ... not C++ ... although I would like to transcode it into C# ... but that's another story :D

download the autoit main app, then I suggest the downloading the heavily customised editor

btw ... I got all my source code back ... thank heavens for backups (even if they are older than expected). :P

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
truck0321

Post by truck0321 »

Hehe, that makes so much more sense. Autoit looks a lot like C++/C#. Thank you!
greyman56

Post by greyman56 »

JDaus wrote:Hello fellow Aussie :D
G'day :)!
JDaus wrote:I started writing this as something to do, and a way to increase my knowledge and I was sick of seeing people make crappy software and trying to make a quick buck out of it ... that's why its open source and always will be.
Thank goodness for folk like yourself.
JDaus wrote:I will be around to help and support it as long as I can foresee and as long as people need me to be (and appreciate the work I have done on this behemoth). but if I'm not, and you need something fixed, grab the source and ask for help on the autoitscrip.com forums ... there are some extremely talented people on there that are far better than I, and they are always ready to help. I'm sure one of them will help you out.
That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for this. May all your VPNs connect smoothly.
greyman56

Post by greyman56 »

JDaus wrote:but if I'm not, and you need something fixed, grab the source and ask for help on the autoitscrip.com forums
I see that the sources should be in the alpha release. I downloaded "roll your own" 1.11.4.47 but have not located the sources.
You mention using res-hacker but I am not sure what that is. Can you give us a very brief description of how to access the sources?
Thanks, Graham
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

greyman56 wrote:Can you give us a very brief description of how to access the sources?
Thanks, Graham
download reshacker (which is a resource viewing / editing program), open scprompt.exe in reshacker and locate the resource with all the code in it ...

give me a while (anything more than a few weeks & give me a kick to see if im still alive), and you will be able to "sync" my latest work automagically to your computer, but more on this later.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

one more thing, all versions of scprompt actually contain the source code as a resource. it adds a little bit of size to the exe, but nothing major.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
stebcom

Re: RSS (RemoteSupportSystem.com) purchase UltraVNC SC

Post by stebcom »

JDaus wrote:
gunre wrote:I want the uvnc server and scprompt to close after I disconnect the session.
This can be done easily, by editing the scprompt.ini and changing the following:

Code: Select all

UseSC_Server=1
ServiceMode=1
To Look like this:

Code: Select all

UseSC_Server=0
ServiceMode=0
But be warned, this will then take away most of the features of SCPrompt and basically reduce it to being UVNC SC with a few different GUIs.
I have the same need, but setting UseSC_Server to 0 makes the program not working: the viewer gets no requests, hence no connection is estabilished. I also get this message after I press the connect button:

Can you help me?
Many thanks!
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

Does anyone have a valid download link / URL to the latest version. When using vnc2me.org - one gets this error: This site is currently offline, we appologise for any inconvenience
Step

Post by Step »

Yes I'd like a valid download link too.
Z01D

Post by Z01D »

Shame this code was never mirrored anywhere..
My1

Post by My1 »

crosscoder wrote:Here's a link to version 1.11.4.47 .

http://www.hobbyshelf.website/downloads ... 1.4.47.zip
sadly that ZIP file seems kinda broken, I cant extract it. neither with windows itself nor with 7zip
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

I am about to release my anniversary edition ...

it was meant to be for the 10 years after creation, but i got busy again and forgot about it...

https://www.securetech.com.au/downloads/remote/

at the moment i only have some old releases (manual versions) uploaded to there ... but i expect to have something slightly updated up in a few days ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Re: SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (7, 8, 10, 2k8+) 26/3/20

Post by JDaus »

Hi All,

I have updated the first post links that where still linking to vnc2me.org to point to my file repository so that people can download the latest versions

please note that as i don't have older versions of windows, i am unable to test on them. I am also unable to test on a 32Bit OS as i don't have one easily accessible, so i can no longer test the 7zip building, but both iexpress and nsis are working fine ...

As i find time, i will move info from https://web.archive.org/web/20121017121 ... nc2me.org/ to https://www.securetech.com.au/projects/scprompt

thats enough for now (not even sure anyone will want this after all these years ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au