Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (7, 8, 10, 2k8+) 26/3/20

Single Click discussions / bugs
smythsys

Re: SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (2K, XP, Vista, 7, 2008) 8/4/1

Post by smythsys »

Thanks JDaus, much appreciated. I really don´t understand cause it works on all systems.
BTW: THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT WORK on SCPrompt. Amazing enhancements.
striker_the_medic

Post by striker_the_medic »

I want to prevent the "manual" option from appearing in my combobox. The DisableManual... option does nothing. Any ideas?
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

smythsys wrote:Thanks JDaus, much appreciated. I really don´t understand cause it works on all systems.
Still working on this ... its not going to get the better of me ... :)

striker_the_medic wrote:I want to prevent the "manual" option from appearing in my combobox. The DisableManual... option does nothing. Any ideas?
What about the other GUI types ? does the same thing happen with them ?

while looking into the above fault, i found the new inireadsection() function is not reading the correct section of the ini for each setting ... not sure if your fault is caused by this, or not, but its worth an ask.
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

is there a question in that post somewhere ?

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
fangthorn

Post by fangthorn »

@JDaus
I just want to say you're doing great work, don't stop.
After many years on the old SC I have begun looking at SCPrompt.
After a few hours going down blind aleys with the "Stable" version I eventually had some success with 1.11.4.47 (despite being Alpha, it has surprisingly few rough edges!)
I'm looking forward to your next release
B

Post by B »

JDaus wrote:is there a question in that post somewhere ?
It's okay; spammer go bye-bye now. :)
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

been crazily busy over the past few months, hope to have some more time to debug some of the problems people are experiencing ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
faba

Post by faba »

I am using Scprompt for quite some time now and it is working great. The only problem I am experiencing is that you can't see some things like the task previews and in some apps the right mouse menu and so on.

According to the changelog single click is now using a new capture engine which should be even able to work with Aero.

Is it possible to use this advancement in ScPrompt? Probably only the vncserver.exe has to be updated if it is integrated there already too.

Thanks again for your great application.
rwfnetworking

Post by rwfnetworking »

Nice :)

Just curious, I used a similar product called OneClick by Advantig that a wizard type builder. One option it had was to read the helpdesk.txt from a web server. Is there an easy way to accomplish that?

Robert
Robert Furman
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

yep ... think its the "remoteini" setting in scprompt.ini ... but I may be wrong ... it would be posibly commented out, look at the sample, I'm sure it has it there ... then upload the INI to a webserver or SMB server and point the SCPrompt.ini that's in the scprompt exe to the address, and look for the download in debug view ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

yep ... think its the "remoteini" setting in scprompt.ini ... but I may be wrong ... it would be posibly commented out, look at the sample, I'm sure it has it there ... then upload the INI to a webserver or SMB server and point the SCPrompt.ini that's in the scprompt exe to the address, and look for the download in debug view ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

faba wrote:According to the changelog single click is now using a new capture engine which should be even able to work with Aero.

Is it possible to use this advancement in ScPrompt? Probably only the vncserver.exe has to be updated if it is integrated there already too.
the SC has been updated to use some of the latest features of UVNC Server, the server is still the latest developed UVNC app ... that's why I use it still in SCPrompt, but if you want to use the SC exe then change the INI setting for useserver (or something like that) to be 0, replace the winvnc.exe and all dll's with the ones for SC, and build scprompt ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
faba

Post by faba »

Thanks, I was thinking about that but the last time I changed it so Single Click I lost a lot of functionality I think. But maybe that was something else. I am going to try it.
toshko4

Post by toshko4 »

Did it happen? :roll:
superdeluxe2000

Post by superdeluxe2000 »

Hi,

Please ignore the previous post, i worked it out myself.

Manual connection in GUI_TYPE=button not working

Im very proud of myself. as i think i worked out one of the problems with the manual option not going away when DisableManualConnections=1 is set.

The else statement on line 2245 (or there abouts) needs to be removed.

so from...

Code: Select all

If $INI_DisableManualConnections <> "1" Then
If $smaller_buttons = 1 Then
$button_Manual = GUICtrlCreateButton($INI_ManualConnectionName, $V2M_GUI_Width - $space_width - 12, $height, $button_width, $button_heigth)
Else
$button_Manual = GUICtrlCreateButton($INI_ManualConnectionName, $V2M_GUI_Width - $space_width - 10, $height, $button_width, $button_heigth)
EndIf
to....

If $INI_DisableManualConnections <> "1" Then
If $smaller_buttons = 1 Then
$button_Manual = GUICtrlCreateButton($INI_ManualConnectionName, $V2M_GUI_Width - $space_width - 12, $height, $button_width, $button_heigth)
EndIf
Can someone that actually knows what they are doing confirm this please?

Cheers
crosscoder

Post by crosscoder »

I haven't seen the code myself but what you posted doesn't look to be the problem. That condition in there appears to just be changing the size of the buttons based on the gui type and the buttons should only be added if the INI variable $INI_DisableManualConnections is not equal to 1.

It may be that the bug is in the code that parses the INI file. I would take a look there. Good job locating that code that is relevant to the buttons though, don't give up!
gunre

Post by gunre »

When I remote control a pc, then disconnect the viewer, the uvnc server and scprompt stay running indefinitely on the target pc.
Is there any way to change this behavior? I want the uvnc server and scprompt to close after I disconnect the session.
crosscoder

Post by crosscoder »

gunre wrote:When I remote control a pc, then disconnect the viewer, the uvnc server and scprompt stay running indefinitely on the target pc.
Is there any way to change this behavior? I want the uvnc server and scprompt to close after I disconnect the session.
I rather like that behavior since it will restore your session automatically if the connection is interrupted or you reboot. To close the session, open the connection interface on the remote machine again and click Disconnect. This will remove the service from the remote machine and close the session permanently.
ltwally

RSS (RemoteSupportSystem.com) purchase UltraVNC SC

Post by ltwally »

Testing SCPrompt 1.11.4.47 (Roll-Your-Own) Alpha Release. I had a couple observations:

1. One test machine reported that the bundled SC server caused his Windows XP SP3 machine to go from a tiled wallpaper to stretched. (Possibly a UltraVNC issue and not your software.)

2. The ultravnc.ini file line for the secondary monitor is incorrectly typed as "secundary". This should be "secondary". Also, it would be nice if this was configurable in your GUI tool.

3. I would also prefer a GUI option to have Service Mode de-selected by default, or altogether removed as an option.

4. I also note that your winvnc.exe is an older version, and custom built. It would be really cool if it were possible to use a more recent version, and perhaps the stock EXE ?? It would make it easier to update the VNC engine without having to update the entire suite.

Otherwise... this is a beautiful improvement over the UltraVNC-SC creator tool. Thank you very much.
Oliver
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: RSS (RemoteSupportSystem.com) purchase UltraVNC SC

Post by Oliver »

ltwally wrote:[...]
Moved it as requested.
Oliver

How to Report Bugs Effectively
My homepage | WinDirStat
PGP-keys:
  • Forum or UltraVNC-related: 0xA2DD1DBD, E18B 2E2F 4F3E D143 4ED4 3E2B E172 FB55 A2DD 1DBD
  • Other matters: 0x0E88590F, 38B5 5EBA A470 C0F7 0942 81B8 C779 D829 0E88 590F
metafarion

Post by metafarion »

I've been using an older version of SCPrompt for some time with the MSRC4 encryption plugin, but appealing features in the newer builds and the newer SecureVNC plugin have enticed me to move up. However, I'm having some trouble with both the SCPrompt configuration and the viewer-side setup.

I see where you're supposed to specify the dsm plugin as SecureVNC in ultravnc.ini, but I'm confused about where the private and public keys go and how they are referenced by the viewer and server respectively. Also the necessary versions of the plugin and the winvnc.exe file do not seem to be agreed upon from forum to forum. Should I be using the winvnc.exe included in SCPrompt (0.11.04.47) or the one from an existing install of UltraVNC. Similarly, should I be using the SecureVNCPlugin from an UltraVNC install or from the SecureVNC website?

If I can get this going, I would love to turn it into some comprehensive, unified documentation (if there can be such a thing).
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Re: RSS (RemoteSupportSystem.com) purchase UltraVNC SC

Post by JDaus »

gunre wrote:I want the uvnc server and scprompt to close after I disconnect the session.
This can be done easily, by editing the scprompt.ini and changing the following:

UseSC_Server=1
ServiceMode=1
To Look like this:

UseSC_Server=0
ServiceMode=0
But be warned, this will then take away most of the features of SCPrompt and basically reduce it to being UVNC SC with a few different GUIs.
ltwally wrote:Testing SCPrompt 1.11.4.47 (Roll-Your-Own) Alpha Release. I had a couple observations:
Thanks for Quoting the version ... makes troubleshooting alot simpler.
ltwally wrote:1. One test machine reported that the bundled SC server caused his Windows XP SP3 machine to go from a tiled wallpaper to stretched. (Possibly a UltraVNC issue and not your software.)
When SCPrompt exits, it simply refreshes the desktop (restoring the previous desktop image in the process i believe) as well as the UVNC doing this, so it may be either of us, or both of us doing this, but your the first person who has said this to me ... so i will take this as a comment :D
ltwally wrote:2. The ultravnc.ini file line for the secondary monitor is incorrectly typed as "secundary". This should be "secondary". Also, it would be nice if this was configurable in your GUI tool.
If you wanna add this into the config tool, be my guest, thats why i made this all open source, so that anyone can grab it and do what they want with it. Personally, i edit the INI setting whenever i need SCPrompt (which is very rarely these days).
ltwally wrote:3. I would also prefer a GUI option to have Service Mode de-selected by default, or altogether removed as an option.
I thought i had already setup this in a previous version ... let me check and get back to you on this one ...
ltwally wrote:4. I also note that your winvnc.exe is an older version, and custom built. It would be really cool if it were possible to use a more recent version, and perhaps the stock EXE ?? It would make it easier to update the VNC engine without having to update the entire suite.
SCPrompt is built with future proofing in mind. so if a later version of UVNC Server comes out, then grab all the necesary files and dump them into the correct folder (remove all the old ones first - or do it on a copy of the entire folder), run the builder, and send it to your client ... job done ... :P
ltwally wrote:Otherwise... this is a beautiful improvement over the UltraVNC-SC creator tool. Thank you very much.
Thanks, its always nice to hear positive feedback, and as i don't use remote support much anymore (no longer in full-time IT centric role), positive feedback is about the only thing that keeps me adding in new features, and keeping the project alive. Negitive feedback will always happen, but as long as people realise that i do this because i want to and not for money or even for myself anymore, and be thankful for what i do, i am happy to do it ... :D

Thanks for your feedback, and stay tuned for a new release of SCPrompt shortly (i have just released an update to VNC2Me_sc ... using the same code tree as SCPrompt now, so it should be easier to maintain the two projects). no timely on what shortly is though :D

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Hb_

Admin rights still needed?

Post by Hb_ »

... by editing the scprompt.ini ... To Look like this:
UseSC_Server=0
ServiceMode=0
Even with this setting the customer still needs admin rights for the UAC dialog popping up after starting scprompt.exe.

Is there a way that the end customer doesn't get an UAC prompt?
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Re: Admin rights still needed?

Post by JDaus »

Hb_ wrote:Even with this setting the customer still needs admin rights for the UAC dialog popping up after starting scprompt.exe.

Is there a way that the end customer doesn't get an UAC prompt?
have you tried the latest version ?

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Hb_

Re: Admin rights still needed?

Post by Hb_ »

JDaus wrote:have you tried the latest version ?
Trying scprompt_manual_1.11.3.47_2011-04-03 gives "Failed to open service control manager" on Windows 7 64-bit.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

try the updated manual version ...

http://vnc2me.org/downloads/view-detail ... anual.html

that should solve your problem :D

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
leandropaulojf

Post by leandropaulojf »

Hello everybody, today updated to version 2.12.7.52 (SCPrompt Manual) however, the "Exit" button does not work.

The "scprompt" is closed, since the service "WinVNC" is still running.

In the ". Ini" I am using the following settings

UseSC_Server = 1
ServiceMode = 1

Currently used SCPrompt v.1.11.4.47.

Thank you!
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Thanks!

I will take a look tomorrow.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
raistware

Post by raistware »

I have a question on SCPrompt:

SingleClick has a 'feature' that locks mouse and keyboard, and also lock screen updates on client when server (machine that launch sc.exe) is asked for UAC access, for example, because I started an installation or want to change some administration on server machine. Has SCPrompt also this 'feature' ? Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

In my scenario, end user (user on machine that launch sc.exe) not known, and I don't want to tell him admin password.

Many thanks.
GraphiX2004

utomatic Connect Images for each Connection how?

Post by GraphiX2004 »

Hello,

Normally i am quite smart in reading between the lines when using config / ini files with applications like this
but for the life of me i am stumped how to actually go about doing what it says under the automatic option.

it says.

nice count-down timer (for automatic connection to predefined connections) that has a transparent look, and is done with just two simple images, so it should be easy to customise ...
Different Logo's can be used for each of the predefined connections or a default can be used if that's all you want ... just like above (examples in the RYO package).

Each predefined connection can have its own image (if required) such as a photo for that support person.

But i really cannot figure out where to put the images for each connection, what to rename them too
or even how to tell the ini file they are there it just makes no sense.

it says their is examples in the RYO package but the only two images there is the QC_Skin_Border.png (which gives the count down / stop button)
and another QC_Skin_BG.gif.

In the INI file it just says Set_logo=1 Set_photo=1 Set_webpage=1

it really has nothing to do with image names/paths if say i wanted on automatic to show 2 pictures 1 picture for each of the 2 connections.
i really am stuck here, and really hoping someone can help me out because of right now this makes absolutely no sense what so ever.