Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (7, 8, 10, 2k8+) 26/3/20

Single Click discussions / bugs
lwc

Re: SCPrompt 2009 (Vista Capable - SC or Server 1.0.8.0) 1/1

Post by lwc »

The whole point is that it's always automatic.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

dghundt wrote:I tried changing the icons that come by default, but the fuzzy aqua marine icon with an eye keeps being generated when I run the script.
I will test this out, and see what i find when running locally.
faba wrote:... problems with wrong illustration of vowels. They are fine in the text file but are wrong shown through the program.
Can you please provide a screenshot to show what you mean ??? without a screeenshot i will be just guessing what you mean.
lwc wrote:how can one change the language? it's always automatic.
I will take a look at this, to be honest, it has been some time since i have looked at the language code in some time ... obviously something is broken ...
lwc wrote:how come you stopped using the special SC server in favor of the regular winvnc?
i thought people might like to try out the service mode ... if you want to use the SC, it is included in the zip (in the root) ... just don't forget to turn off server mode ... (UseSC_Server=0)
Last edited by JDaus on 2009-12-10 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
z-vap

Post by z-vap »

what is it suppsed to do? Specifically? If someone asks if they need to check it, what do I tell them?
lwc

Post by lwc »

Good question. Also, why did the authors create the SC server in the first place if anyone can just use the original server?
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

z-vap wrote:what is it suppsed to do? Specifically? If someone asks if they need to check it, what do I tell them?
Are you talking about the language settings ???

if yes, then specifying a language is meant to override the automatically selected language. Its good for testing translations on systems that use another language by default, or if your clients are all in different locales, & you want everyone to use the same interface, & probably many others. I don't use it personally, so cannot tell why people want it.
lwc wrote:Good question. Also, why did the authors create the SC server in the first place if anyone can just use the original server?
The original sc was created due to a need of one of the devs (customers) to have a remote support app that could ONLY create reverse connections ... all vnc servers can create reverse connections. but SC cannot accept "normal" connections ... hope this helps explain better.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

faba wrote:Scprompt is really great, with Service Mode and the SecureVNCplugin it has everything what is needed.
Glad to hear that :D
faba wrote:But there are some problems with the service mode and since it is only needed for Vista
What problems exist with the service mode ??? i haven't heard much feedback on it. how (in your opinion) can it be made better, or when does it not work as intended, or just break something ???
faba wrote:is it possible to add a command line parameter to initiate service mode?
This will be added into the next alpha release ... should be early in the new year (first few days maybe - depends on my availability)

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
faba

Post by faba »

JDaus wrote: What problems exist with the service mode ??? i haven't heard much feedback on it. how (in your opinion) can it be made better, or when does it not work as intended, or just break something ???
There is a problem with the uninstall sometimes so you have to restart the computer to use the remote control again.
I haven't really tested it that much lately so I can't give anymore specific information. But as soon as the the service parameter is added I am going to do more testing.
JDaus wrote: This will be added into the next alpha release
Many thanks. This would make it much more flexible since i don't need a separate application for XP or Vista.
And with the SecureVNC plugin even the connection should be now encrypted properly. :)
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

faba wrote: There is a problem with the uninstall sometimes so you have to restart the computer to use the remote control again.
I will take a closer look at this befo I build the latest release ...
faba wrote:Many thanks. This would make it much more flexible ...
:D

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

I have noticed a few things with the new versions...
1: File size seems to become bigger, the newer the version?
2: Logo.ico doesn't seem to have any effect, it's never added?

But thanks for the amazing work anyways, has saved me for many trips to "friends" etc. :)
ctusa

Post by ctusa »

JDaus,

This work is extremely useful and I thank you for sharing this. I am a Desktop Troubleshooter and a Designer so it has taken me a few days to get this to work -- but the time was well worth investing.

I am running on a Vista Pro machine, and am working with SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own_0.9.12.34. I have used the stable download and looked at the SVN updates.

I have two issues...

1. I cannot figure out how to get the GUI #5 to work. I would like to test the GUI's countdown/autoconnect/click-to-cancel features.

****************************** EDIT*************************

I have been able to call GUI #5 by doing the following:

Build_7z_exe.ini
Application=scprompt.exe -c 0
UseCMDline=1

scprompt.ini
GUI_Type=5

However, I can find no combination of settings that will launch the viewer when the scprompt server initiates. Some conflicting combinations of settings will launch a manual GUI, even when DisableManualConnections=1 - in which case I get a mini GUI.

Here are some examples of combinations and results.

UseSC_Prompt=0
UseSC_Server=1
autoreconnect=1
ServiceMode=1
DisableManualConnections=1
GUI_Type=5
UsePredefined=0

Result (a)- "Error: Predefined connection #0 wanted, but no predefined connections configured" --- Click "OK" --- Get a Mini Manual GUI. Leaving the ManualAddress blank, click on the "Share Desktop"

Result (b) - Connects, launches viewer without a prompt, autoreconncts

with UsePredefined=1
Result (f) - GUI #5 launches, counts down, connects, Viewer does not launch.

UseSC_Prompt=0
UseSC_Server=0
autoreconnect=1
ServiceMode=1
GUI_Type=5
UsePredefined=0

Result (a) - (see above)
Result (c) - Connects, Launches viewer without a prompt, does not autoreconnect.

with UsePredefined=1

UseSC_Prompt=1
UseSC_Server=0
autoreconnect=1
ServiceMode=1
GUI_Type=5
UsePredefined=0

Result (a) - (see above)
Result (d) - Connects, Launches Viewer WITH a prompt, black screen, does not autoreconnect

with UsePredefined=1

UseSC_Prompt=1
UseSC_Server=1
autoreconnect=1
ServiceMode=1
GUI_Type=5
UsePredefined=0

Result (a) - (see above)
Result (e) - Connects, lanches viewer with a prompt, black screen, autoreconnects

with UsePredefined=1

I have tried many other combinations but to no avail. I am going to use one of the other GUIs for now but would love to unravel this sometime.

************************* END EDIT************************

2. Would it ever be possible for me to utilize my own GUI designed in CSS?

Thank you!
Last edited by ctusa on 2010-02-10 16:17, edited 2 times in total.
gipsi

Post by gipsi »

Hi,

i have the same problem with the "ctrl" Button and the "mouse sonar" like on page 8.
Can anybody help me?

I Have the latest version of scprompt (0.9.12.34).
faba

Post by faba »

Any news about the new version?
nexusphreez

Post by nexusphreez »

This SCPrompt 2009 looks great, I love the level of customization. I am running into a small problem though. I am using the SC Repeater to do my remote support, but when I try to connect using this, it looks like it makes the connection, but just gives me a blank black screen in the viewer. Mouse and keyboard do not work, File transfer seems to work though. Any Idea's. I would love to use this one for my IT support business.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Oh, This is how I have things setup. My repeater is running on a Win 7 64bit os. Everything works fine with another sc program I use. I have a netbook that is using win 7 32bit. I usually use my netbook as the viewer to connect to clients. No matter where I am trying to connect from, it does the same thing. Black window. No response.
Last edited by nexusphreez on 2010-02-12 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
brav

Post by brav »

also getting black screen on viewer. file transfer and chat works. using ver 1.080 on both viewer and server (SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own_0.9.12.34). this is on all win7 32 bit systems. using a tomato'ed router with port forwarding.
Last edited by brav on 2010-02-13 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Frontier wrote:1: File size seems to become bigger, the newer the version?
added features means added code, which means added size, its fairly simple really.
Frontier wrote:2: Logo.ico doesn't seem to have any effect, it's never added?
it has been added, but doesn't seam to work for some reason.
ctusa wrote:1. I cannot figure out how to get the GUI #5 to work. I would like to test .the GUI's countdown/autoconnect/click-to-cancel features.

I have been able to call GUI #5 by doing the following:

Build_7z_exe.ini
Application=scprompt.exe -c 0
UseCMDline=1

scprompt.ini
GUI_Type=5

However, I can find no combination of settings that will launch the viewer when the scprompt server initiates.
the viewer is not designed to be launched at the same time as the server. scprompt is a replacements for the original sc, nothing more. vnc2me sc is a an end to end support app which contains the viewer, that is available on the svn. scprompt has no svn for code, its code is included in the application as a resource.
ctusa wrote:2. Would it ever be possible for me to utilize my own GUI designed in CSS?
unfortunatly no, as the interface is written in autoit, and thereis no simple way of connecting the two.
gipsi wrote:i have the same problem with the "ctrl" Button and the "mouse sonar" like on page 8.
I thought this was fixed in the version you have, but obviously not you will have to wait for the next release Im afraid.
nexusphreez wrote:I am using the SC Repeater to do my remote support, but when I try to connect using this, it looks like it makes the connection, but just gives me a blank black screen in the viewer. Mouse and keyboard do not work, File transfer seems to work though.
try troubleshootingby installing uvnc server on the server machine (the one your running scprompt from) and add new client. if it does the same thing, then it has nothing to do with scprompt, and is a general problem with uvnc server. if however it works, try copying the winvnc.exe, with the two dlls into the scprompt directory, replacing all the old files. run scprompt.exe, and it should work.

are you running the latest repeater version ???

sorry about the low reply, but I never received notification emails.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
B

Post by B »

Hiya JDaus. I'm glad to see you're still around and working on SCPrompt.

I've been giving attention to the alternative ChunkVNC project, but I'm coming back around to the idea that SCPrompt may fit my needs a bit better after all. The big draw was built-in repeater functionality, but SCPrompt really has it too; one just needs to install the repeater server manually.

As I learn a little more about the repeater's limitations (chiefly, numeric-only session IDs) I understand what can and cannot be done with it.

For my purposes I think SCPrompt's feature set -- the ability to name multiple connection IDs, roll specific packages to specific client stations, customizable prompts, end user manual entry option, support for aggressive reconnections a la LogMeIn/GoToMyPC, etc. -- may prove the more attractive. (Chunk is working on much of this too.)

For me the sticking point with both projects is security. I think you both support RC4 keys via the DSM plugin, but I'm unclear as to what additional layers are available. Is the RC4 key shared among ALL stations I would connect to as an SCPrompt viewer? Is there password authentication available? (From supercoe's recent post, I learned that you can do a reverse VNC connection with password authentication IF you delete the RC4 key.) Any way to add additional, unique per-station security? Can a server (end user) define a new password or key?

It would be kind of cool to see the projects collaborate, but naturally you're both contributing a LOT to the rest of us and have valuable offerings regardless...

Sorry if my post is confusing or unclear. I'm really <b>"just"</b> looking for an enterprise friendly open source multiplatform any-to-any LogMeIn / GoToMyPC / GoToAssist workalike with repeaters I control and the option for secured always-on VNC server stations, and I'm happy to have your project available as a potential solution.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

B wrote:Hiya JDaus. I'm glad to see you're still around and working on SCPrompt.
I've been round for years, and will be for many years yet.
B wrote:I've been giving attention to the alternative ChunkVNC project, but I'm coming back around to the idea that SCPrompt may fit my needs a bit better after all. The big draw was built-in repeater functionality, but SCPrompt really has it too; one just needs to install the repeater server manually.
B wrote:As I learn a little more about the repeater's limitations (chiefly, numeric-only session IDs) I understand what can and cannot be done with it.
there are limitations with all remote support apps, the key is to work out what you need, and find the best compromise.
B wrote:For my purposes I think SCPrompt's feature set -- the ability to name multiple connection IDs, roll specific packages to specific client stations, customizable prompts, end user manual entry option, support for aggressive reconnections a la LogMeIn/GoToMyPC, etc. -- may prove the more attractive. (Chunk is working on much of this too.)

For me the sticking point with both projects is security. I think you both support RC4 keys via the DSM plugin, but I'm unclear as to what additional layers are available.
we both just wrap the UVNC server, so anything it can do, we can do.
B wrote:Is the RC4 key shared among ALL stations I would connect to as an SCPrompt viewer? Is there password authentication available? (From supercoe's recent post, I learned that you can do a reverse VNC connection with password authentication IF you delete the RC4 key.) Any way to add additional, unique per-station security? Can a server (end user) define a new password or key?
without creating a separate package for each viewer, no. both chuck and scprompt cannot do this.
B wrote:It would be kind of cool to see the projects collaborate, but naturally you're both contributing a LOT to the rest of us and have valuable offerings regardless...
I have thought of adding a chunk GUI to scprompt, and releasing an exact replication, but just don't have the time to donate to that at this point. paid jobs come first unfortunately ...
B wrote:Sorry if my post is confusing or unclear. I'm really <b>"just"</b> looking for an enterprise friendly open source multiplatform any-to-any LogMeIn / GoToMyPC / GoToAssist workalike with repeaters I control and the option for secured always-on VNC server stations, and I'm happy to have your project available as a potential solution.
I think that's what every person is looking for, but unfortunately development to that level costs money, and therefore it has to be paid for somehow...

I am slowly working towards that end with the vnc2me sc & site apps, but again, these things take time to develop as a side project...

some of my customers have offered to pay for some of my time to develop them further, but I would like to do them in c or c++, eventually.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
nexusphreez

Post by nexusphreez »

I am currently trying to use the Roll your own version of VNC2me and I am curious as to why I am getting a black screen when my viewer connects to a remote server. I am running windows 7 32 and 64bit versions. Chat and file transfer seems to be working. I have tried using both the 1.0.8.0 and 1.0.8.2 on both the viewer and the server with the same results. I have tried changing settings for alphablending and other video specific settings to no avail. Anyone else running into the same issue or have a solution that would work for me.
B

Post by B »

nexusphreez wrote:I am currently trying to use the Roll your own version of VNC2me and I am curious as to why I am getting a black screen when my viewer connects to a remote server. I am running windows 7 32 and 64bit versions. Chat and file transfer seems to be working. I have tried using both the 1.0.8.0 and 1.0.8.2
I assume you mean SCPrompt, not VNC2Me? They are 2 projects by the same author, both hosted on his vnc2me.org site... this thread is more or less SCPrompt specific.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

nexusphreez wrote:why I am getting a black screen when my viewer connects to a remote server. I am running windows 7 32 and 64bit versions.
try the following for me:
1) install uvnc server 32 bit (don't install as a service)
2) run dbgview.exe (sysinternals.com)
3) run scprompt, and establish a connection
4) find the commandline call that launches uvnc server (within bdgview)
5) close scprompt
6) pass commandline to uvnc server from step 1

if this works, then the problem possibly lies with scprompt, and maybe it needs other files included to get it working properly.

if this doesn't work, then either scprompt is using the wrong commandline arguments or there is a problem with uvnc server itself. try right clicking on the uvnc tray icon and "add new client". this should always work.

let us know what you find, as I haven't tested in Windows 7 myself yet. the more info you can give the better for others.you can PM me the complete bdgview dump if you want, as this may be confusing, and harder than I anticipate.
Last edited by JDaus on 2010-02-18 11:41, edited 2 times in total.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
warmbooter

Post by warmbooter »

Here is the translation of v2m_lang.ini to Brazilian Portuguese. Please include it in next release:

BTW, seems that the application has some problems displaying special chars, like ç, ã, etc ...

GUI_MNU_FILE = "Arquivo"
GUI_MNU_EXIT = "Sair"
GUI_MNU_HELP = "Ajuda"
GUI_MNU_ABOUT = "Sobre"
GUI_MNU_SWAP = "Mostra janela principal"
MAIN_TAB_SC = "Compartilhar Desktop"
MAIN_TAB_VIEW = "Ver Desktops"
MAIN_TAB_SVR = "Iniciar compartilhamento"
MAIN_TAB_UVNC = "Uvnc SC"
MAIN_DBGBOX = "Debug"
MAIN_DBGBOX_TIP = "Marque para ver a janela de depuração"
MAIN_STATUS_TIP = "Indica o status do programa"
MAIN_BTN_EXIT = "Sair"
MAIN_BTN_EXIT_TIP = "Sair da aplicação"
MAIN_SC_SSN = "Código da sessão"
MAIN_SC_SSN_TIP = "Digite o código da sessão para iniciar o compartilhamento do seu desktop"
MAIN_SC_BTN_START = "Compartilhar Desktop"
MAIN_SC_BTN_STOP = "Parar compartilhamento"
MAIN_SVR_SSN = "Código da Sessão"
MAIN_SVR_SSN_TIP = "Digite o código da sessão para iniciar o compartilhamento do seu desktop"
MAIN_SVR_RND = "Código da Sessão"
MAIN_SVR_RND_TIP = "Marque para gerar um código de sessão aleatório"
MAIN_SVR_BTN_START = "Compartilhar"
MAIN_SVR_BTN_STOP = "Para Comp."
MAIN_VWR_SSN = "Código da sessão"
MAIN_VWR_SSN_TIP = "Digite o código da sessão a ser vista"
MAIN_VWR_RND = "Aleatório"
MAIN_VWR_RND_TIP = "Marque para gerar um código de sessão aleatório"
MAIN_VWR_BTN_START = "Ver Desktop(s)"
MAIN_VWR_BTN_STOP = "Para visualização"
MAIN_VWR_RADIO_SC = "Ver SC"
MAIN_VWR_RADIO_SVR = "Ver SVR"
MAIN_UVNC_ADD = "Endereço de suporte"
MAIN_UVNC_ADD_TIP = "Endereço para conexão direta ao UVNC viewer"
MAIN_UVNC_PORT = "Porta"
MAIN_UVNC_PORT_TIP = "Porta para conexão direta ao UVNC viewer/repetidor"
MAIN_UVNC_BTN_START = "Compartilhar"
MAIN_UVNC_BTN_STOP = "Para compartilhamento"
# added
MAIN_UVNC_ID_TIP = "ID para conexão do UVNC repeater"

MINI_BTN_EXIT = " F e c h a r a S e s s ã o "
MINI_BTN_EXIT_TIP = "Sair da aplicação"
MINI_STATUS_TIP = "Status & Eventos"
MINI_SESSION_TIP = "Código da Sessão VNC2Me"

DEBUG_BTN_START = "Somente SSH"
DEBUG_BTN_STOP = "Parar SSH"
DEBUG_BTN_COPY = "Debug > Clipboard"

TRAY_MNU_EXIT = "Sair"
TRAY_MNU_ABOUT = "Sobre"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW = "Mostrar"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW_MAIN = "Principal"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW_MINI = "Mini"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW_TIMER = "Timer"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW_DEBUG = "Debug"
TRAY_MNU_SHOW_NONE = "None"

TRAYTIP_APP_START_TITLE = "VNC2Me Prompt 2009"
TRAYTIP_APP_START_LINE1 = "VNC2Me GUI Iniciada"
TRAYTIP_APP_START_LINE2 = "Nenhum argumento de linha de comando encontrado"
TRAYTIP_SSH_START_TITLE = "VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_SSH_START_LINE1 = "Iniciando SSH Tunnel"
TRAYTIP_SSH_START_LINE2 = "Enviando detalhes de segurança para o servidor"
TRAYTIP_SSH_CONNECTED_TITLE = "VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_SSH_CONNECTED_LINE1 = "Conexão segura estabelecida"
TRAYTIP_SSH_CONNECTED_LINE2 = "Iniciando VNC sobre tunel SSH"
TRAYTIP_APP_GUISWITCH_TITLE = "VNC2Me - Mais opções ..."
TRAYTIP_APP_GUISWITCH_LINE1 = "Para ver mais opções do VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_APP_GUISWITCH_LINE2 = "Clique com o botão direto do mouse no ícone"
TRAYTIP_APP_EXITING_TITLE = "VNC2Me Prompt 2009"
TRAYTIP_APP_EXITING_LINE1 = "Encerrando processos"
TRAYTIP_APP_EXITING_LINE2 = "Removendo alterações temporárias"
TRAYTIP_DEBUG_COPIED_TITLE = "VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_DEBUG_COPIED_LINE1 = "Debug OutPut Copiada"
TRAYTIP_DEBUG_COPIED_LINE2 = "Abrir notepad e 'Editar > Colar'"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSC_TITLE = "VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSC_LINE1 = "Viewer iniciado"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSC_LINE2 = "Aguardando conexões"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSVR_TITLE = "VNC2Me"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSVR_LINE1 = "Viewer iniciado"
TRAYTIP_VWR_STARTSVR_LINE2 = "Conectando o servidor"
#added
TRAYTIP_SC_START_TITLE = "VNC2Me Prompt 2009"
TRAYTIP_SC_START_LINE1 = "Conexão VNC iniciada"
TRAYTIP_SC_START_LINE2 = "Tentando conectar o Viewer"

MSG_HOST_TITLE = "O host não está em cache"
MSG_HOST_TEXT = "Esse host não é conhecido, você quer adiciona-lo a lista de hosts conhecidos?"
MSG_SSN_TITLE = "Erro"
MSG_SSN_TEXT = "Entre com o código da sessão e tente novamente"
MSG_VWR_TITLE = "Viewer"
MSG_VWR_TEXT = "Nenhum tipo de conexão ao viewer foi escolhida, usa SC ?"
MSG_TIMER_TITLE = "Timer de conexão"
MSG_TIMER_TEXT = "Sessão conectada para: "
MSG_PORTC_TITLE = "Erro - Sessão rejeitada"
MSG_PORTC_TEXT = "Tunel SSH de conexão recusado, tenta novamente?"
MSG_SSHSVR_TITLE = "Host SSH Server"
MSG_SSHSVR_TEXT = "Conectar em qual servidor SSSH?"
MSG_SSHUSER_TITLE = "Usuário"
MSG_SSHUSER_TEXT = "Digite o usuário do SSH"
MSG_SSHPASS_TITLE = "Senha"
MSG_SSHPASS_TEXT = "Digite a senha do SSH"
MAIN_UVNC_DROPDEFAULT=MANUAL
MAIN_SERVICEBOX=Modo de serviço
MAIN_SERVICEBOX_TIP=Não traduzido
Last edited by warmbooter on 2010-02-23 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Zyxyx

Post by Zyxyx »

B wrote: It would be kind of cool to see the projects collaborate, but naturally you're both contributing a LOT to the rest of us and have valuable offerings regardless...
I completely agree !

I didn't find an 'official', up-to-date and actively developped SC version with some of the cool features SCPrompt offers and, when I looked for an alternative on this forum... it really was not as easy as I thought.

My conclusion was, as B pointed out in other words, that it would be great to see one unique "Remote Assistance / Instant Support / Single Click" project based on UltraVNC with a team of contributors adding or improving existing features on the same code... even if I am well aware it would require more time to manage this project and to put the pieces of code together.

But wouldn't it be less time consuming in the end to work on a single project rather than having to rewrite (and of course test) parts of code - doing more or less the same thing - for each 'solution' created from scratch by one or another.

After reading a lot of posts in this forum, here is how I understand the situation :

- SCPrompt is really good as it is but could be improved when (and if) JDaus (who already suggested to others to work together) finds more time to release a new version.

- ChunkVNC has people contributing to the code but has already its forks too, probably - among other things - because there is no versioning system and wiki (or am I wrong) recommended by supercoe himself for the development of UltraVNC 2.x.x.

Maybe one day...

Anyway, many thanks for your time and your dedicated work on these viable alternatives to closed source software.

I will test (and probably use) SCPrompt and I hope you'll find the time to implement the improvements you have in mind with the help of the UltraVNC community.

Zyxyx
B

Post by B »

Actually, I missed it at first too, but supercoe DID establish a project page and subversion repository for ChunkVNC at http://chunkvnc.googlecode.com/

Frankly I think SCPrompt is actually the more developed of the two projects, but I bet supercoe would be more than willing to grant JDaus SVN access -- he already offered the same to the "RTechTool" programmer. ( [post=67097][/post] )

Personally I'm a little surprised Chunk got its own forum here before SCPrompt did. It's <b>entirely</b> up to them (the two people, you know, doing the actual work :) ) , but yeah, it might be nice to have the efforts merged.
Last edited by B on 2010-02-23 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

warmbooter wrote:Here is the translation of v2m_lang.ini to Brazilian Portuguese. Please include it in next release:

BTW, seems that the application has some problems displaying special chars, like ç, ã, etc ...
thanks for contributing, I have a couple of questions:
  • what os codes did you use for this
    is there much difference between brazilian portuguese and other portuguese
    is the ini file saved as UTF8, as this seams to work for russian. you cannot use standard notepad for this think, suggest notepad++ if its translated into your language.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Zyxyx

Post by Zyxyx »

This is really good news and I'm glad to see it's definitely going in the right direction for ChunkVNC.

I also wonder why ChunkVNC has its own subforum and SCPrompt hasn't.
It offers a better visibility and probably help more people to find it and sometimes add its contribution to the project... which is exactly what I hope will happen.

Still, I prefer the SCPrompt predefined connections with a name or description for the person needing help / assistance to choose from, instead of having this person read (clearly and correctly) an ID number to establish the connection.

Let's wait and see...

Zyxyx
B

Post by B »

Perhaps it's simply that ChunkVNC requested the subforum; I don't know.

Yeah, Chunk's adding a naming system too. As you said, perhaps duplication of effort, but I think Chunk is concentrating on doing the naming system at the repeater, which is a good thing too. (I find the numbering really annoying, but it's a repeater limitation. Maybe I'm missing it, but I can't even find timestamping or IP logging in the repeater log! That thing could use some work.)
godinperson

Post by godinperson »

I've been using UltraVNC SC for a couple of years now. I really love the application but it doesn't support Vista/W7 very well. I tried SCPrompt 2009 but it looks like I'm only getting a Black Screen when someone connects (I'm on W7 64).

Did anyone made it work on W7 x64?

Also, the reconnect button is quite annoying but is a good feature. I think if the host close the connection, it should automatically close the client part.

Thanks
guinness

Post by guinness »

don't ask, and remain a fool for life
I can see the sourcecode for SCPrompt, but when I select RCData > 999 > 2057 for Build_SCPrompt_7zip & settings_manager there is an error! A non-standard resource layout. This is in ResHacker Beta 2 (Dec 09)

Am I going crazy?

Thanks JDaus for your patience :)
Bestware

Post by Bestware »

godinperson wrote:I tried SCPrompt 2009 but it looks like I'm only getting a Black Screen when someone connects (I'm on W7 64).
It works here on W7 x64. There is a black screen initially, for about 5 seconds, but then it connects fine.
faba

Post by faba »

What are the plans for the release of the new version? I am asking because with the service parameter it would be possible to create only one exe file for all common Windows versions.