Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Found a way: Added Ctrl-Alt-Del, Logoff-on, reboot to SC

Single Click discussions / bugs
cheaha

Found a way: Added Ctrl-Alt-Del, Logoff-on, reboot to SC

Post by cheaha »

I have figured out a way to be able to use Ctrl-Alt-Del using the SC server. This also can be used to allow for a restart and autorun.

-= Run WinVNC.exe At A Service Level=-

The problem was that the SC couldn't do it because it wasn't running as a service (system account). Well there is a dirty trick that I have found that works with 2000/XP systems. Now I'm not sure under what conditions this will and won't work. I haven't tested it that much (that's why I'm posting it here) you guys give it a try.

For testing replace ONECLICK.exe with your filename that you plan to use as your singleclick.exe. This batch file tricks windows 2000/XP into running ONECLICK.exe as a system user, which gives it access to Ctrl-Alt-Del & REBOOT. The batch bypasses the process for NT 4.0 and Win9x as the required programs are not present.

Just put this Run.bat in the same directory as your singleclick.exe and run it.

**Note:Use this to test it on your system to prove that it works. This won't have much real world use unless you use the version I posted down below (one that goes inside the 7zip.sfx.exe)

**REMOVED ....exe verison comming

Let me know what you guys think...8)

I am happy just to have Ctrl-Alt-Del as I use that quite a bit in remote trouble shooting (process kill etc)
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-03-24 16:47, edited 13 times in total.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

There are several way you can do it.

But we special desactivate the service part to make it run as
normal user and to minimize the security risk.

I know that this also has consequences for the usability, like
not being able to reboot or deblock a screen saver.
But for the company's i used it, it just would not be allowed as service.
Ipsec
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by Ipsec »

maybe I did something wrong... but tried it in XP and 2000(VM) but it didnt seem to work.

In Xp I got the first time 20 cmd windows opening up on me so i cancelled the operation and then the second time 5... ?

Changed my SC.exe to ONECLICK.EXE and created ONECLICK.bat, placed both into one folder ran the batch script and the windows popped up in XP, in 2000 only one window popped up but didnt get ctrl-alt-delete functionality.

hmm maybe its the version of listener Im on? I will check and make sure I am up to date..
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Rudi,
Would you like me to remove this post?

You Must call the batch file Run.cmd or if you change it you must change th line in the batch file that removes the name from the path.

Set String=%STRING:RUN.CMD=%
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-03-22 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Here's the version I used INSIDE my 7zip singleclick.exe. Only problem is after batch execution 7zip deletes the temp files so the batch routine has to wait on WinVnc to close.

I may abandon this all together b/c I don't want to deal with the batch screen, and Rudi brings up some good points. But this proceedure may have its uses, so here is my final batch file.

What this script does:

It runs the WinVnc.exe with elevated system status. It tricks windows into thinking it's a service even though it's not. This does not install it as a service. It actually tries to, but then deletes the attempt. So the program is still fully removed.

Note: one way to get rid of the batch window would be to convert this to a .VBS visual basic script. Just be sure that the batch, or script doesn't terminate until WinVNC exits, or you'll have the problem I described above. 7zip will delete all extracted files when the batch finished running (except WinVNC.exe as it is in use). This is bad b/c the .DLL's would be missing.

Anyway..this was just a little trick. Thought you guys might find it interesting.

I LOVE SC! Thanks Ultr@Team.

*REMOVED...exe version comming.

*Changed to a BAT file to maintain 9x compatibility.
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-03-24 16:46, edited 8 times in total.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Sorry,

I should have express myself better...

Current we don't want to add the service back to SC.
So your script could be VERY usefull for other.

Rudi
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Okay,

If you don't want the batch to have to remain open, just create a nested 7zip .sfx. Have the first sfx .exe run the batch file, then in the batch file to run the nested sc.exe, then the sc.exe to run winvnc.exe. It all happens so fast that you barely see the batch screen open.

So.

SC-Batch.exe -> Run.bat -> SC.exe -> WinVNC.exe

What you get is all the advantages of the full WinVNC as a service (system level access, screen saver blocks, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logoff and logon) without having it actually installed as service, ie: when you disconnect all goes bye bye. The user running this version of your SC must be a poweruser or above to have this work. Most XP users are logged in as an administrator anyway.

I'm satisfied with this solution as it provides a bit more power to SC as an option, hope it helps you guys.
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-03-22 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
redge

Post by redge »

Rudi
Current we don't want to add the service back to SC.
for futur release after release SC 1.0 --> SC 1.1 ?
maybe ? :P
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

+Adding a service would require admin access to click SC.
+The service don't work with FUS / RDP, as application you don't have those problems.

For me, the only thing missing is the ability to reconnect after reboot.
cheaha

To hide the batch's execution

Post by cheaha »

To hide the batch's execution, you can use the neted 7zip.sfx.exe listed above -or- you can use this vbscript to launch the batch file hidden.

[HideRun.vbs]

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
objShell.Run ("Run.bat"), vbhide
Set objShell = Nothing

[/HideRun.vbs]
cheaha

Finished .Exe Launcher Program

Post by cheaha »

Okay,

I finished a little .exe program that will launch WinVNC.exe elevated to System Level (if availible), with will allow for logoff-on, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and Screen Block, etc. The .exe is 24kb and can be added to your 7zip sfx exe. The launcher program will not terminate until WinVNC does, therefore the sfx will wait to delete the files until the launcher exits.

For situations where the process cannot be elevated WinVNC.exe is launched normally.

I need a way to upload it to the board. Or for someone to host.

*note the launcher program is written in VB6, however, it does not use any depedency files other than runtime, and 99% of the systems out there have the runtime by now.
dkerfoot

Post by dkerfoot »

cheaha,

I sent a pm and didn't hear back. I'd love to try your exe file. Also, I'd be happy to host.

You can e-mail me here: ultravnc (at) lakeshoretechnology (dot) com

Thanks!

-Doug
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Hey,
I sent it to a different email address...I'll send it to this one tonight.
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Goto [topic=2507][/topic] for new program information.