Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

UltraVNC SC manual SC EXE client (Client enters IP,PORT,ID)

Single Click discussions / bugs
babaganoosh

Post by babaganoosh »

Is there a way to build in the abilty to have it promot for an IP / port on one of the connect lines? 1 line could be hard coded for my home, but if i am out of the office, I'd like them to be able to choose the 2nd choice which would pop up a box asking port and IP and connect to that.

thanks!
________
[ spam link removed ]
Last edited by babaganoosh on 2011-02-28 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Dwalf

My thinking of the prompt

Post by Dwalf »

Hello all

I see the autoit guys are getting into full swing.
Good stuff.

My vision and what i have seen with auto it is that it is posible to do more than i suspected. BUt i dont have the time to complete the task my new job is taking up 16hours a day.

1. I have succesfully been able to deploy SC to computers with a small tool i maded in autoit. The plus side is that this has proved that autoit can be maded with some cleaver asp code on a website and the inetget command in autoit to update a webpage when a connection is maded. This leaves me to think that on a support end you could get notification with another moded SC and autoit to check a webpage to see when a connection is maded.

2. Here is the problem do we say there is a client waiting on a port and then redirect to support connecting to the same port or is it posible with a repeator.

This could also lead to a time billing update on the site.

So check it out autoit guys inet_get i think is the command.

Here is a file to show you how. Note use at own risk.
This ASP and ACCESS DATABASE. The autoit app reads a INI file to find the path to the webserver and updates a database with the computer name IP and user. With this code you could modify and even download what engineers are avalible to connect to and visa versa.

If you download please share what you make and improvments
and remember us here.

http://freehost04.websamba.com/duckware ... onnect.zip

Cheers
Dwalf

PS dont forget you learned it here so keep it free.
Last edited by Dwalf on 2006-02-16 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
dman

Is this still available

Post by dman »

I would like to try this method as I don't have a fixed IP. None of the links for downloading the manual version (SCPROMPT ??) seem to be working.
Does anyone know if this is still avalable?
dman

Files seem to be available again

Post by dman »

Forget previous post - after trying for a couple of days and having no luck, these files seem to be up again.
(Thanks to whoever if they have put up again in response to the post)
jmann_au

Active??

Post by jmann_au »

Hi,

Just wondering if this test program is still active. The download links do not appear to work. This is a great little app that saves time creating the full version of single click. Also removes the need to set up dynamicDNS for the rare occasions that I need to provide remote support.

If this version still exists, please post a download link.

Cheers
Dwalf

Re: Active??

Post by Dwalf »

Sccc is a bit old now and busy building a new version.

I have changed to sccc to SCWIZ

[topic=7324][/topic]

Cheers
Dwalf
Last edited by Dwalf on 2006-08-03 21:42, edited 2 times in total.
lwc

Re: UltraVNC SC manual SC EXE client (Client enters IP,PORT,

Post by lwc »

With v1.0.2 out, are SCPROMPT1/2 just frontends (does SCPROMPT1 create helpdesk.txt on the fly while SCPROMPT2 supplies direct parameters - which parameters, BTW?)?
If so, does this mean we can always supply winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll from the official online creator (which wasn't updated to v1.0.2, but I'm asking for the future)?

Also, you've never answered 2 things about SCPROMPT2:
1)
the wallpaper gets removed if the client (as opposed to the remote controller - LWC) chooses to end the connection!
F5 doesn't help. I can only retrieve the wallpaper by either entering the desktop's properties and switch to another wallpaper, then switch back and press ok - or by re-starting SC and this time accepting the remote control.

2)
Can't it leave a message when it terminates? Something like "We have finished our work. You can continue your normal work. Thank you for calling the helpdesk!"
Thanks!
Last edited by lwc on 2006-10-28 11:01, edited 5 times in total.
unknown_name

Post by unknown_name »

Please Dwalf,
I open Remote.exe with 7-zip, decompile scspromt2.exe with autoit, made some change to it ( change the default port, and type default IP address), now i am at the level of putting everything to sfx exe file as you did with your file remote. and i can't seem to get it... 7-zip config.txt doesn't take.
please can you briefly point me to the right direction.

Thank you
Dwalf

Post by Dwalf »

unknown_name wrote:Please Dwalf,
I open Remote.exe with 7-zip, decompile scspromt2.exe with autoit, made some change to it ( change the default port, and type default IP address), now i am at the level of putting everything to sfx exe file as you did with your file remote. and i can't seem to get it... 7-zip config.txt doesn't take.
please can you briefly point me to the right direction.

Thank you
You may be stuck with a version issue. I still use the old 7zip version, the new one gave me to many problems.

Cheers
Dwalf
Dwalf

Post by Dwalf »

lwc wrote:With v1.0.2 out, are SCPROMPT1/2 just frontends (does SCPROMPT1 create helpdesk.txt on the fly while SCPROMPT2 supplies direct parameters - which parameters, BTW?)?
If so, does this mean we can always supply vnchooks.dll and vnchooks.dll from the official online creator (which wasn't updated to v1.0.2, but I'm asking for the future)?

Also, you've never answered 2 things about SCPROMPT2:
1)
the wallpaper gets removed if the client (as opposed to the remote controller - LWC) chooses to end the connection!
F5 doesn't help. I can only retrieve the wallpaper by either entering the desktop's properties and switch to another wallpaper, then switch back and press ok - or by re-starting SC and this time accepting the remote control.

2)
Can't it leave a message when it terminates? Something like "We have finished our work. You can continue your normal work. Thank you for calling the helpdesk!"
Thanks!
Hmmm I will have a look at this soon, so much work at moment to grind down. Good points. Shall i look at something where you manualy compile a new manual SC and have a little dialog box for entering a message.

Cheers
Dwalf
lwc

Post by lwc »

What about
With v1.0.2 out, are SCPROMPT1/2 just frontends (does SCPROMPT1 create helpdesk.txt on the fly while SCPROMPT2 supplies direct parameters - which parameters, BTW?)?
And
If so, does this mean we can always supply winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll from the official online creator (which wasn't updated to v1.0.2, but I'm asking for the future)?
(Update: Changed "vnchooks.dll and vnchooks.dll" to "winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll").
I don't see what is there to think about. Just wanted to be sure if it's possible or not. So is it? Can I just open the self extracted EXE and put new versions there?
Last edited by lwc on 2008-02-04 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Dwalf

Post by Dwalf »

lwc wrote:What about
And
If so, does this mean we can always supply winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll and vnchooks.dll from the official online creator (which wasn't updated to v1.0.2, but I'm asking for the future)?
(Update: Changed "vnchooks.dll and vnchooks.dll" to "winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll").
I don't see what is there to think about. Just wanted to be sure if it's possible or not. So is it? Can I just open the self extracted EXE and put new versions there?
yes. should work, give it a try and let us know how it went.

cheers
lwc

Post by lwc »

Like I said, there are no new versions yet so I can't test this.

So which parameters does SCPROMPT2 use?
Flexman

Post by Flexman »

Dwalf wrote: Hi all just finished a manual SC EXE client.
remote.exe
http://freehost04.websamba.com/duckware ... remote.exe
This remote control did a great job! Very useful if someone is behind a router, etc. And very easy to use.

Unfortunately today I had the first computer to remote control with Windows Vista and there everything was very very slow. So is it enough if I use a new version of UltraVNC or will the sc.exe also need to be Vista-patched?
ucmerrill

Post by ucmerrill »

Gentlemen,

I have the ultravnc with the SC which work's well. I am using a utility called BGinfo that displays info on the user desktop. What do I have to do in order to see the remote pc desktop wallpaper? Or what do I need to do on the viewer.exe side or the helpdesk.txt file to allow us to see the user desktop wallpaper?

Thanks in advance

ucmerrill
Last edited by ucmerrill on 2008-04-23 18:42, edited 2 times in total.
lwc

Post by lwc »

redge wrote:
What are the commandline parameters of SC? I cannot find them.
UltraVNC Commandline Parameters
WinVNC SingleClick
http://doc.uvnc.net/install/cmdline.html
It's http://www.uvnc.com/install/cmdline.html, but does it just ignore the "standard" SC commands like ID, USERNAME and PASSWORD?

Can I assume it just does:

Code: Select all

winvnc.exe -connect IPADDRESS -noregistry
or does it use any other command line parameter?
Last edited by lwc on 2008-08-07 09:37, edited 3 times in total.
twipley

Post by twipley »

it seems the download link is down. here is the link to dwalf's tool:
[topic=14715][/topic]
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

updated version [topic=14809]found here[/topic]

Supports Vista UAC & soon will have AERO disabling.
Has ability to have multiple pre-defined hosts, or same manual config (as original)
Has automatic reconection

think that's it ...
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
filippo

Post by filippo »

Hi, this is what I have been looking for.

I have tested the application and its working fine. Thanks Dwalf.

However, I saw that i that has been mentioned before in this thread. It woule be very useful to give the paramers (ip, id etc) at the command line. How can that be solved?

Also, what if I want to use other settings for udpdate handling. Can that be hardcoded or saved.

Once again, thanks Dwalf.

I would be happy to make these changes and publice the result if I were given the source code.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

have a look at my previous post in this thread. it gives you an updated version that supports vista ...

commandline parameters would not be too dificult to add, i will see what i can do (no timeline though, as i am rather busy at present).

you may want to remind me in a few weeks :D

BTW ... dwalf hasn't been round these forums in some time (a year or more), but he did drop in a few months ago, and sent me a PM, stating that all his works are released as open source, and that i can use/update whatever i needed (which is great for us all)
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au