Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Create a single click minimal install to give remote assista

Single Click discussions / bugs

problem with -id

Post by Guest »

Still having problems with -id

-id 1234 produces a 'Waiting for connection ...' in the repeater log, just like when adding a new client on the ordinary server with id = 1234 (not ID:1234 but just 1234)

My parameters are : -id 1234 -connect localhost:5500 -noregistry

I am able to get it working thruogh the normal viewer / server. But not with the -id parameter.

Does or should -multi by the way work on the SC? i have to close down my normal winvnc when testing SC.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Indeed
ID: was overwritten
strcpy(idstring,"ID:");
strcpy(idstring,id); <----need to be strcat

I manual tested the code with
strcpy(idstring,"ID:1234"); and forgot the change the cpy in cat.

Updated
Fred

can add press "esc" ?

Post by Fred »

can add press "Esc" key to exit for SC Version ?

Thanks
cpaetz

Post by cpaetz »

Rudy try 1and1.com $69/mo windows server and full admin access with 500 GB/month transfer.
Rudi De Vos wrote:The problem is that the generator only works on win32
with apache. I generates win32 exe and not linux bin.

+I'm trying to make a linux generator
or
+A colocated dedicated win32 server, cheapest found for about
99EURO a month (100GB/month on a 2Mb link)

Running it with a dynalias on my home PC is not possible,
my own internet block during uploads, don't want to have my PC continues on the net.

Post by Guest »

Rudi -

Thanks for all the great things you are doing with this. The development of this is an answer to sooooo many different things. Is there any way to get the source distributed for the Singleclick version of this?

I have been slowly picking my way through the source code of the original UltraVNC trying to get this thing to work - the problem is that I am *spam new* at coding and not at all adept in getting around in C++.

Got some of it to work - but nothing close to what you have. Second question - aside from my obvious lack of programming expertise - which I would happily contribute - but probably would be more hurt that help - is there any way for those of us who want to see this move ever farther forward to help?

Thanks!!!
jose

What i did to help my Mom

Post by jose »

Hi all,i don't know if anyone else is interested, but what i did to help my mom was install vncserver on her computer and then I wrote a small program (its written in python) that:
1) starts vncserver
2) call my computer (I have to have the counter part of the program running on my end) and has my vncviewer call her computer

The reason I did it that way was because everytime i tried to get her to tell me her IP address she got lost, My IP is static so its much eaiser for her to find me then the other way around. now it works great, when she has a problem she just runs the program and then I can see her computer and help her out

I'd love to know if there was an easier way of doing it, but this works really well

Jose
cpaetz

Post by cpaetz »

Rudi

Single Click Ultra is awesome and I love it. The only thing is that file transfer doesnt seem to work... says it's disabled on the server side... did I do something wrong or is this by design?
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

SC is build around the new 19 code.
New servers (19) require viewer 19 for FT

Viewer 19 can be used with older servers, but we could not keep the server 19 FT, back compatible.

SC does not support directory transfer, zip/unzip dlls are bigger then the server. For Directory FT you need to use winzip and send as single file.
eo

SC - Feature Request - End User Initiate Chat

Post by eo »

Rudi,

Would be nice if SC for the end-user could right-click the system tray icon and initiate a chat.
techkuando

proper SC setup...

Post by techkuando »

Hi Rudi,

is this how it's supposed to be setup?

start SC running on the remote computer
ultraVNC SERVER already running and waiting on the admin computer

but how do we remote control the remote computer from the admin computer side?

some guidance please.

thanks!
TKD
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I'll try to help ... SingleClickUltra allows you to take remote control just like the standard VNC, but the communication is initiated by the remote computer (known as "reverse connection").

Let's say you have 2 PC:

A = Local Computer
B = Remote Computer

step 1) Run vncviewer.exe in listen mode (vncviewer.exe /8bit /listen) on A (local)

step 2) Instruct someone to run SingleClickUltra on B (remote), and double click the correct host

If everything is ok, the UltraVNC viewer screen will popup on the A (local) computer, allowing you to take control of the B (remote) computer.

HTH
ich

Lovin' SC!!

Post by ich »

This thing is going to be great when I can roll it out and start using it. I know I'm going to be grinnin' ear-to-ear the first time I get to tell someone "OK, now go to my web site and..."

During test, though, I tend to tweak and build many versions before I'm satisfied enough to consider it done and, unfortunately, Rudi isn't around when I'm online wanting to build an SC exe.

Any luck on hosting that compiler somewhere? Would bribes be appropriate to assist with any cost it incurrs?

Once again, Ultra ROCKS! I can't believe what's been done with it in the short time since we started using it.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

SC will be hosted on a dedicated server...

Found a cheap one.., including 1000GB/month data transfer.
As soon as my new visa arrive the server will be available.

1000GB/month is a lot....

Did anybody tried the repeater with multiple connection...
Cpu use ?
Server will be a 1,7Ghz, just wondering if i could host an open repeater on it....of course with some extra user/passwd checking and restricting to the better compression protocols.
techkuando

vncviewer -listen -8bit ...

Post by techkuando »

SERGIO, THANK YOU. THAT WORKED PERFECTLY.

to the group: I have a question... when we run the vncviewer on listen, do we have to specify the -dsmplugin parameter in order to accept a secure connection? or would simply vncviewer -listen be sufficient?

thanks!
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

If you want to use the DSMPlugin, the command line is as follow:

vncviewer.exe /8bit /dsmplugin MSRC4Plugin.dsm /listen

and ... you're welcome !
r4vi

SC Ultra - Force View Only

Post by r4vi »

Is it possible to customize SC Ultra to force the remote viewer to View Only?

I have two types of clients - one mob want me to have full control and the other is view only.

There isn't a command line option for the server to allow this so I guess needs to be hard coded into SC Ultra

SC Ultra rocks!
layrebayre

Post by layrebayre »

I am using the vncviewer without the /8bit option. What am I missing out on. It seems to be fully functional. thanks to all who worked on this. :D
techkuando

viewonly...

Post by techkuando »

what about adding -viewonly to the parameters line in the helpdesk.txt file and THEN compile the ultra sc?
r4vi

SC Ultra - Force View Only

Post by r4vi »

what about adding -viewonly to the parameters line in the helpdesk.txt file and THEN compile the ultra sc?
When I upload the custom.zip to Rudi's server he isn't actually compiling the viewer, he is just packaging his binary inside a self extracting 7z file with my customisations...The command line parameters aren't hard-coded into his binary, it is looking at the helpdesk.txt file included in the self-extracting 7z file...(Which is good for me 'cos I need to be able to change the IP the server will send the listen request to as I will be using a dynamic IP)

I love it - quick and simple. And a damn small download too! Rock on Rudi you legend!

But adding -viewonly would have no effect as it isn't a command line parameter for the standard UltraVNC server, so I can't see why Rudi would have changed his code to have this option...Rudi???
Guest00000001

anyone know how to change the icon?

Post by Guest00000001 »

I tried to change the icon with mspaint but when i uploaded it doesn't change anything. Anyone know how to change the icon?
GuestAgain

What happens when...

Post by GuestAgain »

This thing is great! Is it possible to have it ask me if I would like to accept the connection though? Is it possible that if the first person is already connected ( or declines the connection) that it will try the next connection to see if that is accepted?
ich

I'm alive with pleasure now!

Post by ich »

This is the greatest thing ever. I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to everyone involved in this project. UVNC alone is an awesome program, but the addition of the Repeater and SC versions put the icing on the cake.

There's another thread on this forum where several of us have asked for a way to show our gratitude financially - please let us help defray the cost of the new hosting server.
ITSME!

How would I need to set it up for...

Post by ITSME! »

Here is my dilemma... The oneclick tool is awesome and works great while I am at the office... I offer 24/7 support and I am away from the office frequently... I need a way for me or any of my other support staff to be able to use this from anywhere and frequently we are behind a router or firewall that we don't have access too (hotels, etc.) So how would I need to set that up?

Our main office is running the listener currently, and we send the SC to customers. Our router forwards ports 5501, 5502, 5503 each one to a different IP in the network
(192.168.0.3 5500, 192.168.0.4 5500, etc.) That way you can have the customer select down the list of who to connect too... How can I have this work for those technicians remotely? Does the repeater do that somehow?
ich

I'm currently doing this...

Post by ich »

Have the repeater listening on a dedicated port that is routed to it from the firewall - say 5500. This is where all SC connections come in, on the same 5500 port.
You set the ID: differently for each of the inbound connections and the technicians specify the ID of the connection when they trigger the connection from their end.

Check out Repeater mode 2 [topic=1340]here[/topic]

The SC entry would look something like:
[HOST]
Remote support #1
-id 1234 -connect serverIP:5500 -noregistry
imconfused

I think I'm still a little confused...

Post by imconfused »

So what does the technician do when he is at home, or a hotel, or ... How is he connected to the sc client? I don't think I have a good understanding of how that would work or what would need to be done to make that work :|
ich

Read the page linked above...

Post by ich »

Look at the page I linked above for Repeater 2...

The technician uses UVNC Viewer, specifies the ID in the VNC Server field (formatted like this: ID:1234 ) and specifies the machine running the repeater in the Proxy/Repeater field. Once connected the first time, you can save off a VNC hook that will connect again to that ID, through that repeater.

We've got several entries in SC - one for each technician and a couple extras in case one of the tech's needs to handle two people at once. I ran through and connected to each of the options in SC, then went to another machine and, after connecting, saved off a VNC hook for each of the connections. The technicians know what their assigned connection is and each has access to a connection file for all possibilities.
imnotseeingsomething

Maybe there is a problem with my repeater?

Post by imnotseeingsomething »

when I turn on the repeater I don't see where the window is that I can control the server (from the 2nd picture/example on the repeater 2 forum) and the repeater uses 100% of my CPU, am I doing something wrong?
imverynewatthis

I am having problems with the repeater also

Post by imverynewatthis »

Is it possible somebody can write down exactly what needs to be in each piece and what ports need to be set to what and how to set them? I am spending almost $500 per month for a solution that is similair and I REALLY need to have something like this in my arsenal.
redge

Post by redge »

Not free !

TridiaVNC Pro - One click installation on remote computers
http://www.tridiavncpro.com/index.php?pc=TVNCWEB
versus same enterprise
http://www.tridia.com/pdfs/dvprodata40.pdf

Tridia compatible or totally different versus UltraVNC SingleClick ? :o
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer

Re: I think I'm still a little confused...

Post by Guest »

imconfused wrote:So what does the technician do when he is at home, or a hotel, or ... How is he connected to the sc client? I don't think I have a good understanding of how that would work or what would need to be done to make that work :|
Not sure if this will help you. What I have been doing is getting a no-ip address and using that into SC. It works pretty good to. I run the small no-ip update client on my laptop, and the address just follows me around.