Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Intermix Support - Kind off a Chunk VNC Fork

LFCavalcanti

Intermix Support - Kind off a Chunk VNC Fork

Post by LFCavalcanti »

Hi everyone!

I started using Chunk VNC and desired more functions out of it, like better installation procedures(to avoid UAC problems), more security and better looking GUI. I discussed some of the issues I had in this topic: https://forum.ultravnc.net/viewtopic.php?t=30009.
Since then, I started developing it, using AutoIT since ChunkVNC already was using it. I did a small improved version and used here for our team for more than a year. Recently I took on this again and now having the time to develop it, the new client, that Users will run to get support from the Help Desk is done.

I'm publishing it on GitHub, you can follow the repository here: https://github.com/LFCavalcanti/intermix

### FEATURES IMPLEMENTED ###

#-- CLIENT --#
This will be the interfaces your users will open, showing the ID and information on the connection to the Repeater.
--- New design with MetroUI elements
--- Better installation, with Station and Server mode. The server mode works with a fixed ID and Repeater, intended for access to customer's servers.
--- Updated with the latest version of UltraVNC Server and some tweaks in performance I've seen here and tested.
--- Can connect up to 4 repeaters for redundancy or if you have multiple customers/companies to support, you can install a local repeater and deploy a CLIENT specific for that network, this reduces the load on having a central repeater for all users.
--- Install UltraVNC Server as a service with manual start and stop, with corrected permissions, avoiding problems with the UAC prompts.
--- Uses the SecureVNC DSM plugin with certificates, so the data stream is secured between the IT staff and it's users.

Screenshot:

#-- REPEATER --#
I'm using the UltraVNC Repeater 2.0, found it's performance better than the Perl Script. I developed a small script to make it's installation easier.
--- Install the Repeater on %PROGRAMFILES% or if 64Bits on %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%
--- Install the service
--- Creates shortcuts for the repeater binary, a future tutorial in my repo's wiki and to remove the repeater.

Screenshot:

## FEATURES IN DEVELOPMENT ##

#-- GENERATOR --#
It will be scripts to generate the SecureVNC certificates, also to compile the CLIENT and VIEWER binaries to deploy on your Helpdesk.
--- Automatic generation of SecureVNC DSM certificates
--- Configure and Compile CLIENT binaries according with the REPEATERS you select.
--- Configure and Compile the VIEWER binaries with the appropriate connection to databases where the repeater, customer and IT Staff will be.

#-- VIEWER --#
This will be the interface you and/or the IT Pros will use to access the User's systems. In Chunk VNC you had only the field to input the ID and connect, I will go further than that, with authentication so we know who is accessing the user's systems, when and for how long.
--- MetroUI Interface with simple and nice design
--- Updated version of the UltraVNC Viewer
--- Encrypted access using the SecureVNC DSM
--- Authentication either by user table on database or AD/LDAP integration(maybe with SSO)
--- Logs all information regarding the remote support session
--- The IT Pro can choose the customer and the repeater before typing the ID provided by the User.

#-- CONTROLLER --#
A central management tool, that you can configure databases for the Viewer, include or alter customers data, the IT Pros authentication. Also provide reports on the remote access statistics. The idea is to control customers that can receive support, who can provide support and see statistics like how many hours of remote support you provided for customer X, so you can bill them correctly.
--- Create and manage Database data for Customers, Technicians and Reports
--- Start the GENERATORs for customer parameters as needed.
--- Will run as a Service to authenticate Viewers.

## ------->

So... opinions?
Bedazzled

Re: Intermix Support - Kind off a Chunk VNC Fork

Post by Bedazzled »

start IntermixClient.exe :
error : Line 15233 (File "") Error Duplicate function name

IntermixClient.au3
  • "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1259,10) : warning: already included file: C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\includes\_language\textVariables.au3
    #include ".\includes\_language\textVariables.au3"
    ~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\includes\_language\textVariables.au3"(1,10) : warning: already included file: C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\_INCLUDES\textCompanyName.au3
    #include "..\..\..\_INCLUDES\textCompanyName.au3"
    ~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1260,10) : warning: already included file: C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\includes\_repeater\repeaterData.au3
    #include ".\includes\_repeater\repeaterData.au3"
    ~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1527,27) : error: handlerCmdLineParam() already defined.
    Func handlerCmdLineParam()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1561,25) : error: verifySetupStatus() already defined.
    Func verifySetupStatus()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1585,30) : error: handlerInstalledStatus() already defined.
    Func handlerInstalledStatus()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1614,24) : error: extractTempFiles() already defined.
    Func extractTempFiles()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1650,56) : error: testConnection() already defined.
    Func testConnection($testType = False,$repeaterIdx = 0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1712,18) : error: generateID() already defined.
    Func generateID()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1732,36) : error: vncConnection() already defined.
    Func vncConnection($connOp = False)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(1828,31) : error: setup() already defined.
    Func setup($type = "/station")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2050,24) : error: remove() already defined.
    Func remove($type = "")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2134,20) : error: closeSupport() already defined.
    Func closeSupport()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2180,37) : error: _deleteself() already defined.
    Func _deleteself($path, $idelay = 5)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2233,49) : error: startProgressBar() already defined.
    Func startProgressBar($operation = 0,$value = 0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2279,15) : error: mainGUI() already defined.
    Func mainGUI()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    "C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3"(2338,17) : error: configGUI() already defined.
    Func configGUI()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
    C:\Program Files\ChunkVNC_3_3_1\SOURCE\CLIENT\IntermixClient.au3 - 14 error(s), 3 warning(s)
    !>15:54:51 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2
    +>15:54:51 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
    >Exit code: 2 Time: 1.498
LFCavalcanti

Post by LFCavalcanti »

Hi!

You have to download the entire Repository AND install the latest AutoIT SciTE, them open SciTE, compile the client source from there, don't mix my source with ChunkVNC because the code is completely different at this point.

When the project is done, everything will be done from the CONTROLLER.

I've updated the source today with some corrections to make the source easier to read.

Also, if you're planning to use the client, edit the files "RepeaterData.au3" to reflect your UltraVNC Repeater config., also the file "textCompanyName".au3" to reflect your company data.
Marveltec

Post by Marveltec »

Hi LFCavalcanti,

I'm testing this as a solution to move to from Chunkvnc. do you have the language files translated in English?

also any updates on this project? can it be done from controller yet?
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

how multiple repeater work? if a client is connected to the repeater1 how the IT software know to connect to repeater1 and note to repeater2?
I have probleme with my modified chunkVNC and the repeater, sometime the repeater crash and need to be relaunch. If think is to heavy use (40 IT connected at the same time).
Your multiple repeater can interest me then.

Maybe have some sort of load balancing
LFCavalcanti

Post by LFCavalcanti »

Yod4z wrote:how multiple repeater work? if a client is connected to the repeater1 how the IT software know to connect to repeater1 and note to repeater2?
I have probleme with my modified chunkVNC and the repeater, sometime the repeater crash and need to be relaunch. If think is to heavy use (40 IT connected at the same time).
Your multiple repeater can interest me then.

Maybe have some sort of load balancing
Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm finally on vacation and studying JavaScript with NodeJS to implement the "Controller" part of this.

For now the "Client" follows a ordered list of repeaters(1, 2, 3, ...), if the first is not available, it connects to the second. You can set names for Each repeater so the technician can ask the user in which "server" they are connected and use the same repeater to remote in.

The app currently checks the Repeater with ICMP packets to detect availability and latency, it also establishes a TCP connection with the Repeater and check the times on that connection.
chang21

Post by chang21 »

Hi!

Firts sorry for my english :-? .

I try to work on your project in my company. I managed to run the application for the client, but not how to configure the application for the technician, since it has a series of test parameters and storage of information that I can not understand.
Could you help me?