Mouse is displayed as a block in my viewer

Here you will find help for frequently asked questions as well as for your specific question.

Mouse is displayed as a block in my viewer

Postby JosRi » 2017-11-02 10:16

Hi there,
I am a novice user of UltraVNC and I have a problem with the mouse displayed in the viewer. I have setup an UltraVNC server on my other laptop and want to experiment with it on my regular working laptop.
All went well, and I can see the server and its desktop. I can even move around and fiddle with applications and all seems to work fine.
The only thing I experience is that the mouse in the viewer is displayed as a big black square blob with either an arrow pointer or a small circle like point in the left-upper corner of that square.
Can somone explain to me how I can setup either the viewer or the server to get this right?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Jos
JosRi

Re: Mouse is displayed as a block in my viewer

Postby Rudi De Vos » 2017-11-04 13:47

There are 2 mouse modes, sometimes a color setting/encoder combination has this strange effect.
viewer option
()Track remote cursor local
() let remote server deal with it
Test with the other mode
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: Mouse is displayed as a block in my viewer

Postby ddbivens » 2017-11-05 17:53

I don't know if this is your issue, but I do know that if you open Adobe Reader on the remote PC, the mouse pointer shows up as a solid square with an embedded mouse pointer in the square. I suspect there are other programs that do the same.
Just trying to help.
ddbivens

Return to General help