Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

How to know PcHelpWare is logged on the repeater?

Cortexwayne

How to know PcHelpWare is logged on the repeater?

Post by Cortexwayne »

Hello,

I have a new configuration that use PcHelpWare via a repeater. I want to know if a PcHelpWare is log on my repeater so I can then connect with my viewer. Is there something that can monitor such a connection?

Thanks
bevtech

Re: How to know PcHelpWare is logged on the repeater?

Post by bevtech »

There will be text files with ID in the directory where the pchelpware repeater is location. the names of the files are the ids..;)
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
Cortexwayne

Post by Cortexwayne »

Hehe, good catch! Thanks a lot, I'll see what I can do with that...
Cortexwayne

Post by Cortexwayne »

Saddly I cannot work with that since it only create a log after server and viewer have logged. I need something when Server side has log on repeater to tell viewer there's someone ready to get some support.

Sorry if I'm not clear, my english is not so good.
Last edited by Cortexwayne on 2007-09-12 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
thor918

Post by thor918 »

I have evaluted another vnc product called echovnc, witch uses a comercial repeater server. that server has the ability to see anyone that connects....
[post=41607][/post]

I would realy love if the pchelpware would have a little more control and view of the connections. the echo server has even the ability for the viewer to connect to it and show every user that are waiting for support in a list. that is how it should be with pchelpware too.

by the way. there is an gui log in the repeater, that shows when someone are connecting
Last edited by thor918 on 2007-09-12 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Cortexwayne

Post by Cortexwayne »

thor918 wrote: by the way. there is an gui log in the repeater, that shows when someone are connecting
Yes but I cannot read this log since the repeater is in another city. Lets say I support client from my house. My repeater is at my work office. Then the client needs supports so he log on the repeater. Now I want a warning that would tell me "Someone has connected and needs assistance on ID 12345". I can write the software that would send me the message, but I need a way to detect such a connection on the repeater.

I also need the ID because we are 7 people to support 24/24 7/7. So I want to know in which ID he logged. For now they have to call us by phone before and then we make them choose an ID then we connect to the same ID.

Thanks for your awnser, I've look at EchoWare, I'm not sure I undestand everything right now, I'll be looking deeper into that.
thor918

Post by thor918 »

Cortexwayne wrote:
thor918 wrote: by the way. there is an gui log in the repeater, that shows when someone are connecting
Yes but I cannot read this log since the repeater is in another city. Lets say I support client from my house. My repeater is at my work office. Then the client needs supports so he log on the repeater. Now I want a warning that would tell me "Someone has connected and needs assistance on ID 12345". I can write the software that would send me the message, but I need a way to detect such a connection on the repeater.

I also need the ID because we are 7 people to support 24/24 7/7. So I want to know in which ID he logged. For now they have to call us by phone before and then we make them choose an ID then we connect to the same ID.

Thanks for your awnser, I've look at EchoWare, I'm not sure I undestand everything right now, I'll be looking deeper into that.
@Cortexwayne
I certaintly understand you. as I'm looking at pchelpware to see if it is good enough. there are certaintly many things missing, to have a complete helpware system.

yes, echoware looks promising. and it's a little complicated at first to understand how one can make it work in a tech envirment. but if you look at my comments in that thread, perhaps you will understand more.
you certaintly got more control with echoware. and the list of awaiting connections are gold!

but from my tests pchelpware worked at a better speed.
my echoware test speeds where just not acceptable, but it could be because of that I runned it in a virtual machine. I will have to run some more tests.

and in echoware you could have open password for your client package(that only can be used to call inn support, nothing else), and your own password for techs... and that's gold as well!

only downside is that it's not free. the repeater costs money

by the way. the pchelpware repeater source is freely availeble.. so if you got the programming knowledg, you could perhaps add the missing functionality to get the logs....
Last edited by thor918 on 2007-09-13 14:27, edited 3 times in total.
bevtech

Post by bevtech »

oh yes pchelpware will be reworked once uvnc is finished... So try to hang in there..;) It was a fast fix to remote control vista boxes... There is a lot of debugging and modifications that need to be done with it
Last edited by bevtech on 2007-09-13 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
dado023

Post by dado023 »

bevtech wrote:oh yes pchelpware will be reworked once uvnc is finished... So try to hang in there..;) It was a fast fix to remote control vista boxes... There is a lot of debugging and mods that need to be done wiith it
i hope this will be done soon.........i am so inpatient :P
Matts

Post by Matts »

bevtech wrote:There will be text files with ID in the directory where the pchelpware repeater is location. the names of the files are the ids..;)
Also in the linux version ? Because I'm not able to locate them.

I could tail the logfile ofcourse with a DB behind it, will be though tho
Last edited by Matts on 2008-07-28 14:09, edited 1 time in total.