I've been using UltraVNC for many years.
Running latest version 10962 with hook drivers installed.
These same issues have been plaguing UltraVNC for a long time. If fixed would make it a pleasure to use.
When I connect I have to choose quality setting (every time), tick the encryption box (every time), then change the plugin from the default MSRC to SecureVNC (every time), then click OK.
Then sometimes nothing happens and I have to repeat the process again.
Then it asks for password and I enter it.
Then sometimes it logs in but fails immediately and closes. Then I have to repeat the same tedious process again.
Or I establish a new PPPoE connection on the host PC (while connected over LAN) and the Ultravnc connection dies and I have to repeat again.
This happens many, many times every day.
* Remember the password in the current process of UltraVNC viewer.
If the connection fails, reconnect automatically. (while showing a dialogue saying "retrying (countdown)" with a cancel button.
Until I actually close the viewer or click cancel, it should keep retrying.
* Remember last quality setting and encryption option.
UVNC doesn't work nicely with tripple monitors at full HD resolution.
Very slow, clicks don't seem to register properly, it doesn't seem to update nicely.
Often I connect from my laptop which is a much lower resolution (laptop: 1280x800, PC: 1080x3=5760x1080)
* Make a button that moves all windows from monitors >1 to monitor 1.
* Allow me to switch between viewing monitor 1/2/3 etc rather than just 1/All Combined
* Option: (on host) move all windows to Monitor 1, and change monitor 1 resolution down to same resolution as Client. After no connection for 2 minutes, change back.
PROBLEM 3 (SECURITY)
When I use ultraVNC from another person's computer, it stores the address I connected to in UltraVNC's history.
I have to go searching with regedit to delete it.
Or, I run UltraVNC on laptop, and keep important data in a encrypted volume, but UltraVNC is still storing history in the registry.
Make tickbox (default unticked) "remember this address".
Make option to forget addresses from history.
Make option to store history in a file located in the same folder as VNCViewer.
PROBLEM 4 (SECURITY)
Its not easy to filter IP ranges with UltraVNC.
* Add option: Allow connections from only 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x
* Add option: Allow connections from selected countries.
User should be able to just put whatever zone files they want in the ultraVNC IPFilter folder and it can simply check them before allowing a connection.
POWER USER FEATURES (that would make life easier)
* Terminate processes
* Remote command prompt