Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Alt-Tab equivalent, support for windows with transparencies

Any features you would like to see in UltraVNC? Propose it here
GTA_doum

Alt-Tab equivalent, support for windows with transparencies

Post by GTA_doum »

Hello,

It would be nice to have an equivalent key sequence for the Alt-Tab feature.

Also, applications that have non-opaque window do not appear through uVNC (For the software BitMeter, even at opaque, it doesn't show !), it would be nice to be able to see transparent windows.

Sometimes, it is not possible to get the window larger, even if there is a scroll bar. It would be nice to be able to enlarge the viewing window to the full host viewing size.
Thanks,
Dominic Russell
jarvis

Re: Alt-Tab equivalent, support for windows with transparenc

Post by jarvis »

It would be nice to have an equivalent key sequence for the Alt-Tab feature.
Turn on Scroll-lock on your keyboard while using vncviewer and keys like alt-tab, ctrl+esc, etc. will be sent to the remote computer
Also, applications that have non-opaque window do not appear through uVNC (For the software BitMeter, even at opaque, it doesn't show !), it would be nice to be able to see transparent windows.
In the VNC Server Admin properties (right-click on tray icon --> Admin properties) try checking "Capture Alpha blending". When you click OK, make sure you enter admin credentials in order that the settings are saved (XP, 2000) and deselect "Protect my computer against un-authorised changes"
Sometimes, it is not possible to get the window larger, even if there is a scroll bar. It would be nice to be able to enlarge the viewing window to the full host viewing size.
Have you tried full-screen mode on the viewer, or the various zoom options?
redge

Post by redge »

GTA_doum wrote:Sometimes, it is not possible to get the window larger, even if there is a scroll bar. It would be nice to be able to enlarge the viewing window to the full host viewing size.
you have vncviewer directx with uvnc viewer 1.0.5.4 allow scaling windows like you prefer
http://www.uvnc.com/download/1054/
Last edited by redge on 2009-02-16 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
GTA_doum

Post by GTA_doum »

Hello,

Thank you for all those fast response !

For the scroll-lock, I didn't know, it works great !

For the capture option, I read about it, but couldn't understand easily the explanation, so I taught it was only for when capturing (snapshot) the screen.

For the window zoom options, I tried everything, but if the client screen is a bit larger of higher than the screen of my computer, I get scroll bars, and I cannot get rid of them. If I try to resize the window, I can get it smaller but not bigger. Automatic sizing works, but get the window sometimes too small, and being able to only stretch a bit the window would give me bigger viewing screen, without the need for scroll bars.
Thanks,
Dominic Russell
kissson

Post by kissson »

great , I think this thread should be sticky or add to faq etc
scroll lock make win-key , alt-tab , ctrl-space to host all work !!!
you are my lord
e-ghost

Post by e-ghost »

redge wrote:
GTA_doum wrote:Sometimes, it is not possible to get the window larger, even if there is a scroll bar. It would be nice to be able to enlarge the viewing window to the full host viewing size.
you have vncviewer directx with uvnc viewer 1.0.5.4 allow scaling windows like you prefer
http://www.uvnc.com/download/1054/
Hi Redge~ Do you know why the directx vncviewer_tab has been removed since 1.0.5.4? My notebook is not FULL-HD but my home computer does. So I am using this older v1.0.5.4 directx vncviewer to remote control it otherwise I need to scroll all the time. But since I updated my vnc server to 1.0.9.5, I am not able to use the "file transfer" function anymore (it will prompt "Option not supported"). So in case I need file transfer, I need to open another more updated vncviewer session just for that. You are much experience with uvnc. Do you know why and will it come back again? Thanks! :-*
B

Post by B »

The latest versions are not file transfer compatible with older versions, and I don't think that's going to change. You can always use FTP or something.

But I don't really understand your DirectX issue, so maybe someone else can suggest a better approach. (The modern versions support resizing so I'm not sure why you need 1.05.)
redge

Post by redge »

vncviewer 1.0.9.6 ... options... enable DirectX
e-ghost

Post by e-ghost »

redge wrote:vncviewer 1.0.9.6 ... options... enable DirectX
I hadn't notice the DirectX is in Option page by now~ Thanks a lot! :P
Last edited by e-ghost on 2011-04-19 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
e-ghost

Post by e-ghost »

B wrote:The latest versions are not file transfer compatible with older versions, and I don't think that's going to change. You can always use FTP or something.

But I don't really understand your DirectX issue, so maybe someone else can suggest a better approach. (The modern versions support resizing so I'm not sure why you need 1.05.)
Hi B! Since my remote vncserver has a higher resolution than the notebook. I have a software that has full screen of buttons (similar to screen of POS panel). With 1.0.5.4, the "auto-scaling" mode of _tab version will fit the full screen content of remote vncserver to the existing local vncviewer windows. The screen may become scaled and distorted but works for me for routine button control operation. Resizing the vncviewer windows will immediate scale what is seeing of the remote screen.

In latest 1.0.9.x, the select "full screen mode" BEFORE establishing connection will give me full screen of remote but does not allow me to resize the windows further. If selecting "full screen mode" AFTER connected, the vncviewer window will try to full up my local screen, but the content of remote screen is still 1:1 (without scaling) so only partial of remote screen is seen (since my local screen is smaller, no distortion). Did I missed option that can help me get what 1.0.5.x has? Thanks a lot!
:D
redge

Post by redge »

use vncviewer autoscaling or trough the vncviewer system menu ... Display... autoscaling
full screen of remote to your local vncviewer fit to your screen.
i use it many time. my remote computer is bigger screen size.
e-ghost

Post by e-ghost »

redge wrote:use vncviewer autoscaling or trough the vncviewer system menu ... Display... autoscaling
full screen of remote to your local vncviewer fit to your screen.
i use it many time. my remote computer is bigger screen size.
Hi redge, after autoscaling, can I drag the window corner to further enlarge the window size to make it larger? My remote is 16:9 and my local is 4:3. With 1.0.5.4, I can drag the windows to more "4:3" which distort the screen so that the words within remote screen be "taller but larger". But since the autoscaling of current version locked the screen ratio so I cannot do this anymore. Any workaround for this?

Thanks!
:P
redge

Post by redge »

e-ghost
i think i understand what you mean
proportial autoscaling in bigger size.
i think is bug of autoscaling locked .
prefer allow resize proportional
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Wht don't you use the
[v] directx
viewer mode.

This does all the things you are asking.
redge

Post by redge »

I use it, but directX with autoscaling is locked size and try to take care proportional size

before connect is not same size and result (60% OK)
change settings autoscaling after connected is not same screen size as before connect. (only 58% NOK)
vncviewer ...system menu ... Display... Normal... (100% OK)
vncviewer ...system menu ... Display... Auto Scale Screen (58% NOK)
you need manually go icon Connection Option... Display... Viewer Scale replace value 58 by 60%
doing just by dragging did not success (locked) ;-)