Two tiny features I liked in TVNC: "disable" and &

Any feature you'd like to see in Ultr@VNC? Just propose it here.

Two tiny features I liked in TVNC: "disable" and &

Postby AliasName » 2004-07-25 18:48

A very small additions that I remember from Tight VNC but don't see in UVNC, which would make MY life a little easier:

- A view-only password that I can give to someone (but i'll still be able to connect normally with the master password).

- On the popup menu of the uvnc server, next to Kill All Clients, a Disable Clients option that would alternate between Enable and Disable connection. I can do it by closing the server and restarting it, but that involves finding the shortcut each time. It's really petty of me, i know.
AliasName

Postby Marscha » 2004-07-26 06:43

The MS Logon feature provides support for view-only connections.
Marscha
Former moderator
Former moderator

Postby AliasName » 2004-07-26 18:20

now, you see, when people say "The MS Logon feature", i don't know what that means!
AliasName

Postby Guest » 2004-07-26 18:27

There's a button in the config-screen called 'MS Logon'.
There you can enter a windows usergroup where to check for the correct passwords.
ie: in groupbox 1 you can enter 'Administrators'. And then all users who have administrator-credentials can logon with their own windows username and password.
ie2: in groupbox 3 you can enter 'Users'. And then all users who only have user-credentials can logon with their own windows username and password and they can VIEW the other computer, but not control it.

Return to Feature requests