Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Support Multiple monitors

Any features you would like to see in UltraVNC? Propose it here
jmcrabb

Post by jmcrabb »

Ok, so, I have a single card with two heads on it... two monitors in independent mode. How do I connect to it so that I can scroll back and forth instead of using the button to toggle back and forth?

Thanks
jmcrabb
Jpsy

Post by Jpsy »

Using the WinVNC Video Hook Driver together with UltraVNC 1.0.1 on my Radeon X300 SE dualhead gives me exactly what many of you are asking for: one big desktop on my client that I can scroll left and right to see both monitors of the server.
Without the Hook Driver I only get the primary display.

There is still one disadvantage compared to RealVNC: In RealVNC I can scroll from left to right monitor just by approaching the rim of the clients (fullscreen) window area (which is very convenient). In UltraVNC I have to use the scrollbars.

CORRECTION:
Now even the scrolling works. No idea why I had problems in the beginning!
Last edited by Jpsy on 2006-05-23 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
xtc

Re: Support Multiple monitors

Post by xtc »

Hey, i'm currently using Maxivista's virtual monitor driver (which works either you have a maxivista client or not) and it works normally with UltraVNC server. I'm using a windows box the normal way, and an old linux box with vncviewer to connect to ultravnc server... I just scroll to the virtual screen and i get two screens.... it would be cool tho to just connect to the virtual screen. So, the only missing feature in ultravnc right now is the virtual monitor driver. :D I would use Maxivista but it won't run on the old linux box (the client) and using VNC, is just more standard.

See the Screenshot and a Real Picture

Sweet![/img]
ASuperman

Post by ASuperman »

We are currently running ultraVNC as a remote support solution for our clients some of which have dual monitors all of which have a single video card. I have read through this post and would like to ask a direct question.

Is it possible to support dual monitors with the remote support package?
and if so...
What version do I need to create the package to allow dual monitors?
Or is there something else I have to do to get this to work?

Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
Nick
Last edited by ASuperman on 2009-02-13 00:39, edited 2 times in total.
LIFE!
aj4mq

Post by aj4mq »

I would very much like to have this back. I could do this in the very first version of RealVNC...

The easiest way this can be reimplemented is to allow Windows to handle the dragging. If you have a single monitor with a resolution beyond the capability of the monitor, it will automatically pan to view the extended areas. This should still apply to the mirror driver with some coding.

Unfortunately, I have had very little luck with Windows coding, so I can't write it for ya. However, this suggestion might make things easier..

Other thoughts,
Button to switch displays
Option to shrink to fit (love the zooming.)

I have many ideas, lemme know if dual support appears!
Dedic8d

Post by Dedic8d »

I've worked quite a bit on addressing this issue. I've come up with what is, for me, the ultimate solution.

I use ultramon to disable the secondary display when I VNC to the primary. I can easily reconfigure my set-up to physical-pan from one monitor to another (or multiples of up to six), but *I* find that to be a real P.I.T.A. I'd much rather see everything on one screen.

Anyway, without even considering VNC or UVNC, I use ultramon to manage my displays because it allows me the additional taskbars for each monitor. But regardless of extra features, I found Ultramon's tray-icon offered the simplest and most user-accessible means of using VNC. I just run the VNC server as normal, and then use ultramon's tray icon to disable the non-primary displays. I then can check whatever I want in one window from my remote machine, then use the same tray icon to switch the display setting back to normal for the remote machine. Perfect, for me...
tismon

Post by tismon »

Actually, I don't care about using my vnc with my second monitor (single card, but different resolutions), however, using two monitors has dramatically slowed vnc down. I really can't use it at all and haven't in months (though I'd like to daily). Is there any way that ultravnc could at least ignore the other monitor all together?

If nothing else, Dedic8d, how do you use ultramon to disable the second monitor? Do you do it remotely or do you have to use vnc to...use vnc?
peace,
Brad
redge

Post by redge »

finally available feature
[topic=27452][/topic]
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
tommy.z

Post by tommy.z »

Your link does not work :-(
redge

Post by redge »

screen shot of new vncviewer 1.0.9.6 (1096) April 2011 build

OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
ciaffo8

Post by ciaffo8 »

redge wrote:screen shot of new vncviewer 1.0.9.6 (1096) April 2011 build

Hello,
Someone please can help me with the configuration of VNC Viewer and Server for multiple monitor in version 1.0.9.6??

Have you any guide or something like this??

Thank you for your support.
redge

Post by redge »

i can't really help for multi screen
but what do you need ?
view single screen of remote multiple screen
or
view multi screen of remote multiple screen
etc...
someone with true multiple remote screen can really help you