Overriding registery location for vncviewer rc4.key

Any feature you'd like to see in Ultr@VNC? Just propose it here.

Overriding registery location for vncviewer rc4.key

Postby diz » 2004-09-23 13:28

Is is possible to override the location that the DSMPlugin looks for the rc4.key when running the vncviewer via the command line??

Thanks
Mat
diz

Postby cobratbq » 2004-09-25 19:37

What you can do, and it works for me, is only fill in the filename.
Because you do not specify a path-to-file, the viewer looks in the current working directory. And unless you specify a different working directory in you shortcut, this is the directory where the viewer is started from.

So if you start a Viewer in "c:\program files\ultravnc" and you make sure that the key is in "c:\program files\ultravnc" too. And you enter in you key-location: "rc4.key".
Than it should work.
cobratbq

Postby Guest » 2004-09-28 09:38

Yeah that's what I've done as a temp fix. The problem I have is I use a self extracting Rar that calls a batch file which inturn decrypts the encryption key and the lanches the viewer ... this means I can put the package as download on my web site and know that the key is safe.

The problem I have is that if I use this SFX Rar on a system that already has UltraVNC installed on the the default location for the key will be set to "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\rc4.key" so I have to mainly change the settings.

Postby Guest » 2004-09-28 11:37

Just in case:

The DSMPlugin sources are available on the plugin site.
You could easely do what you want with rc4 file path and recompile the plugin by yourself...

Return to Feature requests