Run As box appears when trying to start service

Run As box appears when trying to start service

Postby b3nd3r » 2009-09-05 15:01

Hello,

I'm new to this so I hope this is in the right spot. I have been searching the forum for hours with no answer.

When I start the server and right click on it and click start service(must be installed first) the run as box comes up. I am the admin of my machine and when i click ok to run it as myself it just goes away and does nothing. I have to manually start the server but when I log off the computer the server stops running.

When I look at the services i see the uvnc service show its started. What do I need to do to get this service to run correctly. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled and everything. When I do have the server running and I Connect i get the black screen with nothing but when I close out of the viewer it logs my computer off so i have to go back to the computer and sign back in and manually restart the server.

Thanks in advance for the help.
b3nd3r

Re: Run As box appears when trying to start service

Postby Rudi De Vos » 2009-09-06 12:29

"run as" is used for all menu options that require admin access.
Did you unchecked the [_] the option in the runas box.
see:
http://support1.uvnc.com:8080/index.php?section=24
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: Run As box appears when trying to start service

Postby b3nd3r » 2009-09-06 19:17

yes it is running now but why does the viewer not refresh automatically. I have to click the refresh button every time I do something in order to see it.

Thank you
b3nd3r

Return to 1.0.6.X