Lock up when using DDE

Lock up when using DDE

Postby Pinkerton » 2009-11-05 15:25

Hi,

Sadly I have had to go back to the previous VNC as UltraVNC locks up when using DDE on the remote (10/100 network cable) PC.

I have two applications running on the remote (w2000) and one passes selected data to the other. The local PC is using Vista Home Premium.

Using the Viewer I have both apps running on the remote and I then click on a data field in the first app and it passes the data to where the cursor last had focus in the second app. It then advances the cursor to the next field in the second app and waits for more data from the first app.

After transferring 4 separate fields of data, the remote locked up. I went to the remote PC and tried to shut down UltraVNC but the entire system had frozen. I had to turn it off at the power supply and restart it. I repeated this 3 times and always at the 4th or 5th transfer it would lock up. I also tried once with the DirectX viewer, same result.

The first app is an in-house Delphi application using "SendKey" to send the data, the second app is a commercial product. The system has been working fine for 12 months. With the former VNC re-installed it is back to working.

There is a lot more to like with UltraVNC but sadly we have to revert as this system is used many times each day to process sales. I sure hope you can figure out what is causing the problem and fix it.
Pinkerton
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2009-10-31 22:06

Re: Lock up when using DDE

Postby redge » 2009-11-06 21:38

tested 1.0.6.5 or/and 1.0.8.0 or mixed at both side (local and remote) ?
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
redge
Super-Mod
Super-Mod
 
Posts: 6815
Joined: 2004-07-03 17:05
Location: Switzerland - Geneva

Re: Lock up when using DDE

Postby Pinkerton » 2009-11-14 15:26

redge wrote:tested 1.0.6.5 or/and 1.0.8.0 or mixed at both side (local and remote) ?


Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply. Using 1.0.6.5 both sides.

Now that 1.0.8.0 is stable I will try that.
Pinkerton
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2009-10-31 22:06

Re: Lock up when using DDE

Postby Pinkerton » 2009-11-14 22:31

Pinkerton wrote:Now that 1.0.8.0 is stable I will try that.


Tried 1.0.8.0 both sides and same thing but I have some more information. It locks up after the last data transfer. The data is not displayed but the data stream has a "Tab" following the data to move the cursor from the last field to the "OK" button.

What I think is happening is the "Tab" moves the cursor to the "OK" button before the data is displayed and then UVNC tries to write the data to it.

I moved the remote machine to a desk beside me and the data is shown in the last data field on that screen but not on the UVNC-Viewer emulation.

Please note that each data string transferred is always followed by a "Tab" character to move to the next data field. That works fine when the focus is sent to an Edit field. Only when the focus is moved to the "OK" button does it lock up before displaying the data.

Hope that helps.
Pinkerton
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2009-10-31 22:06


Return to 1.0.6.X

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests