Version 3.1h is now available!
You can download the new version from the following URL:
Well I know its been a long time coming... but in my defence I've moved myself and the vile offspring from the Northern to the Southern hemispere's since the last release.
This new release is a significant departure from the previous v3.1g release, (I really should be calling it v4.0 beta but Chunk would probably kill me!). It is based on a version I did for a potential client who eventually decided that actually paying me to write custom code was too novel a concept for them to entertain, (I'm not bitter though
I did however like some of the usability ideas that this non-client suggested, including a selectable list of technicians and a manual Connect button. I also added a bunch of new features and did my best to make it backwards compatible with the v3.1g release. I would hesitate to call it a "stable" release, since my testing has been somewhat limited, but I was keen to get it out there ASAP... so lets have some bug reports coming in.
The new features include:
1. "Minimise/Maximise to system tray.
2. Configurable Connection Timeout.
3. Optional Hide on Connect.
4. An auto-connect option, (in v3.1g this is the only available mode), to support a manual "Connect" Button.
5. An optional user defined list of technicians and associated IDs.
6. An option to "de-chrome" the window so that no title bar or border is shown.
7. Background monitoring of connection status.
8. The window logo becomes "draggable" if its not "clickable"
9. When installing as a service it generates and displays a random ID which you can use for future connections to that target machine.
10. It is really designed to work with Karl Runge's Perl repeater script which can maintain multiple independent sessions on the same network port with different connection ID's. (see here: Stable ChunkVNC Repeater - Perl Script