I just seemed to run into this with 18.104.22.168 so I updated both the client and the server to 22.214.171.124.1.
I can connect to the vnc server and see the screen, however I cannot control anything at all. There are TWO PC's that have 126.96.36.199.1 and I can view either of them, but not control them. From those TWO PC's they can also view each other, but not control them either. I'm not sure what happened but here is a series of events that occurred.
VNC 188.8.131.52 was installed and working. Everything was A OK! Remotely, I went into the VNC admin properties, and here I lost all control. SO I disconnect and reconnect and now the authentication is rejected. Did some trials and it seems every time I enter the admin properties, the authentication will always be rejected, unless I highlight the password field and retype it.
Now after resetting the password, I can connect, but I can no longer control the vnc server. So then I updated to 184.108.40.206.1 on both servers and also the client.
I rebooted and STILL cannot control either of the VNC servers.
ALL three computers in question (the client and two servers) are Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. VNC is running as a service. Also after rebooting, the VNC password (while appears masked in admin properties) NEVER works.
I need to get these working to deploy them in our organization. We use VNC for remote support, so I need to be able to control on these computers if someone calls with an issue.