Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

uvnc2me ( logmein free alternative) test 1.0

Nat2Nat connections without repeater
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: uvnc2me ( logmein free alternative) test 1.0

Post by Rudi De Vos »

The cause is not win7 or win8, the app behave the same from XP-win8.1
All tests are done on a win7 as this our main developer PC.

In most cases this is firewal related.
Does loopback work on both PC ?
kukucz

Post by kukucz »

Hi,
is any chance for native x64 compilation of this application ? I want to use this app as portable app under Windows Setup (WinPE) x64 version (Window 7 x64, Windows 8/8.1 x64, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2). It will be great help to me to support my clients when they try to install Windows in x64 version behind NAT (they some times have a problem with driver loading in setup phase, they some times don't know diskpart tool).
I tried to use Teamviewer but it has part code is x64 compiled and part in x86. Often my clients servers/computers don't have hardware KVM or my clients have problem with KVM ports redirection.
folie2002

Post by folie2002 »

Hi
1- In a terminal server errors occur because if there are multiple user sessions and a locally initiated message accepting the connection session can exit at any session started in the terminal server

2- Will it be possible to customize the program to suit the corporate image?

3- "Access is Initiated by our servers connect, They act like a dyndns service." Is it planned to use its own server to initiate the connection through UDP hole punching?

4- Will the source code available?

thank you very much
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

1- In a terminal server errors occur because if there are multiple user sessions and a locally initiated message accepting the connection session can exit at any session started in the terminal server
Please explain, having trouble to understand

2- Will it be possible to customize the program to suit the corporate image?
Yes, logo wil be possible. But this would require to add some bmp so that the exe need to become a sfx to be able to
bundle logo and other settings. Still need to be implemented.

3- "Access is Initiated by our servers connect, They act like a dyndns service." Is it planned to use its own server to initiate the connection through UDP hole punching?
Same as 2,

4- Will the source code available?
No.
Src contain parts from commercial projects and use priority intel libs for encryption.
There is no restriction on how you can use and bundle it.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Current no native x64 exe.
You can't just compile a x86 on x64... all src need to be verified.

Isn't the 32bit working on winpe, doesn't it have the compat engine.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

X64 online
online creator to customise
-logo
-icon
-access servers

http://www.uvnc.com/products/59-uvnc2me ... nc2me.html
dock

Post by dock »

Hi
I'm having issues with both PCHelpware and uvnc2me.
I'm trying to make it work with my own access server.
I'm using separate access server application for helpware and uvnc2me.
When I'm using version of uvnc2me (con2me) from april 2014 (using your access server), connection is established but application crash immediatelly on server side (pc that is sharing desktop).
If I'm using version 1.0.1 both sides are seen on access server, but when I click connect on client side, nothing happens.
Button connect go grey and it stays grey, on server side nothing is visible that would point me that connection is made to it in any way.
access server is on PC with public IP (XP machine), directly connected to internet without any firewall.
I extracted uvnc2me.exe sfx to separate folder, to be able to change IP address of access server in ini file..

I am uvnc user for many years, and really appreciate your work.
Is there any way you could help me establish what could be wrong?
I am willing to provide remote access..somehow :)

Thank you

Regards,
Dock
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

For testing it's indeed better to extract the sfx and make manual changes... it's a lot faster and our server isn't eating cpu.

1) was the loop test working
2) what's on the dialog ( bottom text)
dock

Post by dock »

Hi
Thanks for reply.
When I click loop test, on the right bottom corner it just says Access server found
And that's it.
On left bottom, it says EU Access server connected. Ready to share desktop
My public IP is correctly stated at the top.
I can give you IP of my access server but would do it in PM, not here, if needed..
rajek

Post by rajek »

Rudi De Vos wrote:X64 online
online creator to customise
-logo
-icon
-access servers

http://www.uvnc.com/products/59-uvnc2me ... nc2me.html
Hi

I was trying to generate customized exe using online creator and it wasn't customized (no icon, co bitmap, no custom access servers).
Files was in zip file without any folder.
Is it something wrong with online creator?
How can i make sfx file on my own?

Is it possible to make more customization on feature release?
i.e.:
- own translation
- access code and password without letters, just numbers
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

We use 7zip fotr the sfx
The sfx you download can be extracted to a folder so you can modify the ini file.
The bmp and icon are replaced by a resource editor, in some cases ( like non supported icon and bmp formats)
this fail and nothing is created for download.

please mail the zip, so i can see what happen.
smides

Post by smides »

Tried the customizer as well. All 3 of them.

None of them work, it just gives me a download with the defaults, it looks like it simply ignores the files in the custom zip
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Seems i need to retest it...
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

found and fixed, path to store uploaded zip was wrong
FezzikJr

Post by FezzikJr »

So, I've been looking for an alternative to TeamViewer (logmein, etc, etc)... I believe this could be a very viable option, if I can get it to work.

I'm using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. The application runs, and the loopback test works (ultimately rendering a "screen loop"). However, the application seems to close by itself within a few minutes AND when attempting to connect to a remote machine using the provided Access Code and Passwords, I get "Viewer: WAN Detected" on the viewer, and "Server: WAN Detected" on the server. These status updates are immediately after I click "Connect". Within a couple minutes, the application closes.

I currently have access to 8 computers, 4 each at two unrelated networks (one is my work, the other is my home). Since I do some occasional application development and residential PC repairs, I have access to a few machines/configurations.

Each of the 4 machines is using one of the following:
* 7x86
* 7x64
* 8.1x86
* 8.1x64

This is replicated at each of the two networks mentioned above.

I've tried the following connection configurations:
7x86 -> WAN -> 7x86
7x64 -> WAN -> 7x86
7x86 -> WAN -> 7x64
7x86 -> WAN -> 8.1x86
7x86 -> WAN -> 8.1x64
7x64 -> WAN -> 8.1x86
7x64 -> WAN -> 8.1x64
7x86 -> LAN -> 7x86
7x64 -> LAN -> 7x86
7x86 -> LAN -> 7x64
7x86 -> LAN -> 8.1x86
7x86 -> LAN -> 8.1x64
7x64 -> LAN -> 8.1x86
7x64 -> LAN -> 8.1x64

Each of the attempts listed above resulted in the same "error" or "bug" as described above.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks! :-)
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Just to be sure....
PC A ( you want to share) has access code AA and passwd PASA
On PC B, you enter code AA with passwd PASA

Copy code and passwd with dblclick and ctr-v to avoid errors

If you have 2 PC at home, try to connect the 2 home PC ( connect should indicate LAN)
LAN mean that internal ip addresses are used to connect ( sample 10.10.10.1 connect to 10.10.10.2)
This should always work...no natrouter is used, data can only be blocked by local firewals

WAN mean that external ip addresses are used to connect ( sample 45.23.56.14 connect 56.12.45.45)
both addresses are the external natrouter ip adresses. This only works if we are able to make a hole
in the router ( this should work in 99% of the cases). Your company can block ports or use special nat routers
that block hole punching...the security need to allow it.

First try home to home with both PC on the same network.

That the loopback close is strange..
WHat's the exe you are using ( xp/Vista)
Mykron

Post by Mykron »

Hello and thank u for this nice work.

I have to remarks.
1. The link to the x64 Version is wrong and not listed correctly.
2. is it possible to get an access server as a unix binary?

Thank u very much.
FezzikJr

Post by FezzikJr »

Thanks for the quick response!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, for some reason, I didn't get notification of your response. :|
Rudi De Vos wrote:Just to be sure....
PC A ( you want to share) has access code AA and passwd PASA
On PC B, you enter code AA with passwd PASA
Yes, on Computer A (the "host"), I'm presented with a AC & PW, which I then type in on the boxes in Computer B (the "viewer").
Rudi De Vos wrote: If you have 2 PC at home, try to connect the 2 home PC ( connect should indicate LAN)
LAN mean that internal ip addresses are used to connect ( sample 10.10.10.1 connect to 10.10.10.2)
This should always work...no natrouter is used, data can only be blocked by local firewals

WAN mean that external ip addresses are used to connect ( sample 45.23.56.14 connect 56.12.45.45)
both addresses are the external natrouter ip adresses. This only works if we are able to make a hole
in the router ( this should work in 99% of the cases). Your company can block ports or use special nat routers
that block hole punching...the security need to allow it.

First try home to home with both PC on the same network.
I have 4 computers at home on the same local area network, and four at work on their own same local area network. Both networks are using a router. The PCs at work do not have any sort of firewall against LAN traffic, but there is some firewalling going on on the router side against WAN traffic. The PCs at home are the same way. The problem exists whether I'm using WAN or LAN connections (note that all connections at home and work are Ethernet, and Wi-Fi; yes, I did run Cat6 through the rafters in my house).

As a reference, they are all running RemotelyAnywhere, uVNC, and TeamViewer. I have also tried disabling each of these on several of the computers, with no change as to the success/failure of connecting through the uVNC2me.
Rudi De Vos wrote: That the loopback close is strange..
Sorry... to clarify, the application only "self-closes" when I'm doing a "normal" (non loopback) connect. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part about that.
Rudi De Vos wrote:WHat's the exe you are using ( xp/Vista)
I have tried both, with and without compatibility modes, etc. I even tried using the "Run As Administrator", although each of the user accounts involved were either a member of the Administrators permissions group (only) or the actual Administrator account itself. It may also be important to note that there is no AD/Domain/etc. involved in either location (that is planned to happen at work by the end of the year).

Also,
Mykron wrote:...The link to the x64 Version is wrong and not listed correctly...
Agreed. The download page (http://www.uvnc.com/downloads/pchelpwar ... loads.html) actually lists the x86 version twice. I could see this as being the issue when connecting to or from my x64 machines, but not when I'm going from x86 to x86 (LAN or WAN).

I think that the premise of this application is EXACTLY what I've been hoping to find for years now. I wholeheartedly appreciate the time you've devoted to develop it. If only I could get it to work! I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing... :surprise: Is there a certain folder from which this needs to be ran?
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

The connect button initiate a rendezvous to connect server and viewer.
We just tell server the ip+port of the viewer and the viewer that of the server, then both initiate the rendezvous.
rendezvous( ip, port)
In your case it seems that it doesn't work...

For us, this is a single function rendezvous()....
It doesn't hava any parameters except the ip/port, it works or fail.

On LAN it's a direct connection, so it can only be blocked by some kind of firewall.
Perhaps try to disable both server/viewer windows firewall and test again.

We didn't wrote that part ourself, but use the udt lib for it. ( http://udt.sourceforge.net/ )
http://udt.sourceforge.net/udt4/doc/t-firewall.htm
FezzikJr

Post by FezzikJr »

Rudi -

Thanks for the response. I will try it again. Is there any way to tell which ports are being used? From what I can tell on the link you sent, it looks like it's UDP ports, rather than TCP?

Also, the .ini file specifies a static IP. Is there a way to point that to an "in house" repeater of sorts?

Thanks! :-)
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Indeed , uvnc2me use udp instead of tcp.

The ip in the ini file is the access server.

The access store
access code | internal ip | external ip |server/Viewer
and when the counterpart connect the info is shared.
If external ip is the same for server and viewer, the have the same natrouter, we use the internal ip.

You can use your own access server ( this is not the repeater) and reffer to that server instead.
The server is available for download. The access server doesn't send any actual data, so a single server can easy
serv 1000+ connections simultanious.

On connect, both server/viewer try to connect and password is used as part of the encryption key.
In your case it even block before the password is checked. ( result is shown in the dialog)
FezzikJr

Post by FezzikJr »

Rudi -

Couple of quick questions. I saw a reference earlier to an x64 download, but can't find it anywhere. Can you post a link? Also, I can't seem to find the 'Server' download. Where can I find that? Is the server available in x64 as well?

Thanks!
josemarsena

Post by josemarsena »

Hi,

Great project. I'd like to see him in Brazilian Portuguese. Is it possible? How to do this?
Aokromes

Post by Aokromes »

Hi, can i suggest to change the access code and password to read only edit controls to allow people to copy the info without having to guess that double click allows to copy the data?
Also maybe you can allow to define own password.
mokkome

Post by mokkome »

Great wortk! But Does not work for me. :(

Test config: Win8.1 x64(uvnc2mex86.exe) --- Win8.1 x64(server.exe) ---Win7x32(uvnc2mex86.exe)
All PC in one LAN.
Firewalls is OFF.

Try both way:
Win8.1 ---> Win7
Win8.1 <--- Win7

When run uvnc2mex86.exe, server.exe shows this connections.
uvnc2mex86.exe show status = connected!
Ok. Try button "Loop" or "Connect" with true Login/Password of another uvnc2mex86.
And NOTHING!
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

This would be great, but I can't get it to work. Both sides begin to log into the server, then crash. I'm using the x64 version, trying to serve a Win7 x64 machine to a Linux x64 machine running WINE.
stephenstud

Post by stephenstud »

Would this work off a domain? I would love to have this run off a domain, and use it from there. Thank you.
vic

Post by vic »

Hi,

The download links on the official download pages don't seem to work, your php script exits with a timeout error.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\website_uvnc_com\xampp\htdocs\components\com_jdownloads\jdownloads.php on line 1956
On another note, is there an access server that you can recommend that can be run on Linux/Unix? I really don't want to expose a Windows machine to the internet.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Sorry,
support1.uvnc.com harddisk crashed and we are still waiting for a isp solution.
The server is old and should be replaced or the isp need to manual replace disk and rinstall the old OS.
Seems that it take time... usual they fix things in 30 minutes, now serer is already down for 3 days.
lesdes

Post by lesdes »

Last week I tried it for the first time and it worked!

Just been trying it again and I can't get it to show the remote desktop.

I have connected by RDP to two remote PC and tried running the programs there and then trying to connect from my PC (W10).

It gets to the point where I click to view the remote desktop and nothing happens at the remote end. At my end the viewer pops up but nothing is shown and after maybe 20 seconds up pops a message: Access refused by user or no answer.

I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions.

I tried turning off the firewall at the remote end - no change.

Any suggestions what to try?