Which VNC is better

Test the syntax here, shout, do whatever (discuss about the forum if you want ...) but please behave ;) ... and spam is not welcome

Which VNC Server Would you want

RealVNC 4.0 Enterprise $50
No votes
Ultra VNC 1.0
100%

Total votes : 8

Which VNC is better

Postby iampedro » 2005-01-24 15:44

Which vnc server is better Ultra 1.0 which I don't know when it will be released or realvnc 4.0 enterprise? I know that Real's cost $50 dollars but I was wondering if Ultra will support everything that real enterprise will support?

http://www.realvnc.com/products/features.html
iampedro

Postby UltraSam » 2005-01-24 18:05

Well...

UltraVNC RC18, which is quite stable and can be considered as a "release version" since June 2004 already features everything that is listed in the RealVNC 4 list, excepted:
- 2048-bit RSA Server authentication
- One Port Http & VNC

UltraVNC RC19.6 which is a test version (that should give a stable RC19 and presumably the V1.0.0 release in a few weeks if all goes well) features everything that is listed in the RealVNC 4 list, excepted:
- 2048-bit RSA Server authentication

And it would be very easy to create a DSM plugin that could use up to 2048-bit encryption... even if I don't see the point for now.

Various Deployement tools & scripts for UltraVNC are freely available around the net.

UltraVNC desktop scaling is already there since 2 years, as well as Windows Authentication :)
UltraVNC also features FileTransfer (even in the JavaViewer), Video Driver acceleration, Chat, Autoscaling, SingleClick Server Installation package, Toolbar, and so on...

But, Ok, I'm more involved in UltraVNC than in RealVNC ;)
UltraSam
UltraSam
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Postby iampedro » 2005-01-24 18:10

Alright... I see your point... I will wait b/c $50 is $50 to me... And well... I hope that somone dose build that encription plugin in the future... That would be nice... Look foward to having UltraVNC 1.0 on my computer/server. I have a program that using vnc fully.... www.s-code.com program :)..
iampedro

Return to Off topic posts (Sandbox)