PHPBB ist RAD

Test the syntax here, shout, do whatever (discuss about the forum if you want ...) but please behave ;) ... and spam is not welcome

PHPBB ist RAD

Postby dav0r » 2004-09-22 05:34

You guys should employ some more skins for PHPBB. There are 4 or 5 of them that are really nice... unless of course you just want to keep it in this one template on purpose. Some Flash for your top banner would be cool, too. Just some ideas for you.

That said, I signed up because UltraVNC is great. I think you guys should keep running with it and even consider having an uber pimped out client that requires cash to obtain (unless I'm missing something and you just like to work for free on the side which is also cool).
:x
dav0r

Re: PHPBB ist RAD

Postby lenisham » 2004-09-22 05:45

dav0r wrote:That said, I signed up because UltraVNC is great. I think you guys should keep running with it and even consider having an uber pimped out client that requires cash to obtain (unless I'm missing something and you just like to work for free on the side which is also cool).
:x

IMHO it is already the uber VNC.
lenisham

Postby UltraSam » 2004-09-22 07:42

Thanks for your support

Yep. We are working for free.
And yes, I personnaly like to work for free (call me stupid), as long as I'm having fun, as I'm learning something and as I can make a life with another job.

Don't worry, other companies are making money with our work ;)

And we also get some experience and knowledge that we can "resell" indirectly in our "commercial" life.

Anyway, we've planned to ask for a donation as soon as V1 is -finally- released.

The problem is that both Rudi and I can't help constantly adding new functionnalities to the Release Candidates.
And we love to optimize UltraVNC as well :)

Fortunatly it doesn't make it unstable so far, but we'll have to stop and release the "real" V1 one day...
UltraSam
UltraSam
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: PHPBB ist RAD

Postby Oliver » 2005-01-12 11:55

dav0r wrote:You guys should employ some more skins for PHPBB. There are 4 or 5 of them that are really nice... unless of course you just want to keep it in this one template on purpose. Some Flash for your top banner would be cool, too. Just some ideas for you.

The problem is, that there are some customizations for which no images (for new templates) exist. Flash is a matter of bandwidth as well. So this will not happen very soon except Rudi allows to put such stuff on his rented server ;)
Oliver

How to Report Bugs Effectively
My homepage | WinDirStat
PGP-keys:
  • Forum or UltraVNC-related: 0xA2DD1DBD, E18B 2E2F 4F3E D143 4ED4 3E2B E172 FB55 A2DD 1DBD
  • Other matters: 0x0E88590F, 38B5 5EBA A470 C0F7 0942 81B8 C779 D829 0E88 590F
Oliver
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Off topic posts (Sandbox)