Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

UltraVNC 1.2.1.1 test builds - Download links

Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: 1.2.1.1 ( test builds)

Post by Rudi De Vos »

It's hardware related:

The win7<= use the new "desktop duplication engine" and newer sse sse2 hardware acceleration.
It works ( win10) on a i3-i7 intel with a ati/nvidia card and a lot faster then the Xp version.

Difference between versions
XP version: old compiler, use only older acceleration and no "desktop duplication"
Vista winvnc.exe, use the newer sse and sse2 sruff, but not the " desktop duplication"
win7 winvnc.exe use the newer sse and sse2 sruff, and the "desktop duplication"
CPC

Post by CPC »

Hi Rudi -

Thanks for all you do here with winvnc. I use it daily via reverse connections supporting a wide variety of systems running Win XP through Win 10 32 and 64 bit. My reverse connection tool has been using 32 bit winvnc 1.2.0.5 and has been very reliable for several years. I've updated the tool occasionally to test how it performs with newer versions of winvnc.

RE: 1.2.1.1 test build. For me the 32 bit winvnc 1.2.1.1 compiled for XP (as of 2016/4/20) is the most stable since 1.2.0.5. I've tested this version for the past 24hrs on a wide variety of 32 and 64 bit systems...all windows versions XP through 10 and haven't had any issues ...yet.

Re: Speed: I'm testing only the winvnc 1.2.11 compiled for XP for maximum compatibly with any system that requests my help. My reverse connection viewer is set to -listen -quickoption 3 -scale 8/10 and the speed for typical desktop support has been excellent.

The only connection/speed issues I have experienced so far are requests for support coming from people with known terrible wifi or hotspot mobile connections.... not a winvnc issue.

For my needs the 32 bit winvnc 1.2.11 compiled for XP rocks for all versions of windows XP-10... 32 and 64 bit... so far. One tool for all... makes it easy for me.

Thanks Again
CPC
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Nice to hear, special because the unstablility was a ghost. It never happened on my test servers and sending debug versions
made it disappear by people who reported the issue....
CPC

Post by CPC »

I did find a hiccup since posting 24hrs ago although this may not just be 1.2.1.1 I did a quick search for the word "zoom" and didn't find any hits. Maybe someone knows a simple solution for the following and or maybe it can be corrected? Others have likely seen this.

I had a person request support though my reverse connection tool using 32 bit winvnc 1.2.11 compiled for XP (2016/4/20) (which has been working great on all Win OS versions I have tested as previously mentioned. On this particular Win 10 64 bit computer the farther my mouse went from the top left corner of the screen the farther it was out of whack and I could not control his system via mouse. It would not click where I was pointing...my mouse was pointing different to where his mouse was.

I had him reconnect using my reverse connection tool using 32 bit winvnc 1.2.0.5 instead and didn't have any problems. I went into his win10 settings for display and found his zoom set to 200% for his size of text etc.

So if the person sets their text in the windows 10 display settings over 100%... the winvnc 1.2.1.1 (XP) has a mouse alignment issue /scaling whereas winvnc 1.2.0.5 does not.

Anyone with a simple fix? (Without having the person change their display zoom) The goal is to stay with one version of winvnc 32 bit to support all Win OS versions XP and up that request help. I could stay with 1.2.0.5 but it would be nice to update if possible.

Thanks in advance
CPC

**Updated more info. If this helps... My reverse connection program includes vnchooks.dll and the following [poll] section in the ini file. This has worked well for me with 1.2.0.5 and 1.2.11 except for the 1.2.11 mouse scale/zoom issue above.
[poll]
TurboMode=0
PollUnderCursor=0
PollForeground=1
PollFullScreen=1
OnlyPollConsole=0
OnlyPollOnEvent=0
MaxCpu=40
EnableDriver=1
EnableHook=1
EnableVirtual=0
SingleWindow=0
SingleWindowName=
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

In 1.2.0.9 for some unknown reason dpi awareness was removed.

This can be set via the manifest and some code, i remember playing with the manifest, and disabled the code for it.
Final code and manifest were removed...my mistake.

R.
CPC

Post by CPC »

Thank you R.

I'll watch for and test the next files released and give feedback. On the zoom/scaling / DPI awareness.

Much appreciated.

CPC
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

That will be 1211 ( rc2), ready in a few dyas.
Rem0ter

Post by Rem0ter »

Just confirming issue mentioned above and adding symptoms that may be related...but this is on build 1.2.1.0 (Jan 24, 2016)
-- On WinXP no issues
-- On Win10, using scaling of text size, etc ("Customize your display") :
1. Will result in "split pointing"
a Arrow will track separate from actual mapped click point
b Point will be displayed (elsewhere) as faint but useful "DOT" (you can put this on top of real selection and click)
c. Arrow and DOT will be in sync at the extreme upper left corner, getting closer as movement approaches this corner
d. Arrow and DOT will be increasingly separated when movement goes to the right of the screen

2. Screen corruption tends to happen at past 150%

In a pinch (to do useful work), one can compensate movement relative to the above comments, and be able to click on things. So, watch for where the darn DOT is...THAT's click-actionable. In ADDITION, one may need to request a "screen refresh" as often as every other command or action.

Of course, this may already be fixed by now...
sanjaythavi

Post by sanjaythavi »

how to use ultra vnc on Reliance GSM Internet Connection