Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCPrompt - SC on Steroids (7, 8, 10, 2k8+) 26/3/20

Single Click discussions / bugs
Sainsuper

Re: VNC2Me SCPrompt 2009 (Vista Capable - using server 1.0.5

Post by Sainsuper »

Hi, i think this is a very great work,
But there is olny a problem, if in the pc is already intalled ultravnc as service there is a message box " an other istance of winvnc is already running" until close sc prompt application, the same thing is using scpropt manual, then is possible use sc prompt using the -sc command?
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Sainsuper wrote:"an other instance of winvnc is already running"
Yes ... i have experienced this before ... maybe i can test for a running winvnc, and find out the location of this vnc, and then use the "-connect" string on the running application... hmmmm

i will have to work out how to do this ... then i will add it to the testing version ...

this would be a problem with all the autoit apps that use the server, so maybe we can all work it out together ...
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
lwc

Re: SCPrompt 2009 Version (Vista Capable with limitations)

Post by lwc »

I've tried the new release that was posted sometime after my last post. Maybe it's because the server is different, but the advertising and registry settings are finally gone. You also provide a pre-built version now, which is great. BTW, how is the server different if the online creator still uses the old version?

The autoconnect bug was fixed, but by making the connection auto accepted. Please do something about that. I'm afraid to imagine those with static addresses...

I still claim it should only re-connect if the disconnection wasn't wanted (i.e. not initiated by a button press).

Why is MAIN_ENABLE_SONAR enabled by default?

What is SCHook.dll that replaced vnchooks.dll?

Last but not least, the main problem is the prompter takes space and stays in the background (unlike the original manual SC).
Last edited by lwc on 2009-06-08 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

lwc wrote:I've tried the new release that was posted sometime after my last post. Maybe it's because the server is different, but the advertising and registry settings are finally gone. You also provide a pre-built version now, which is great. BTW, how is the server different if the online creator still uses the old version?
As stated previously, I have never had adds in this app, the adds you experienced sounded like they where from the viewer.
lwc wrote:The autoconnect bug was fixed, but by making the connection auto accepted. Please do something about that.
We are awaiting a release of 1.0.5.7.X that's stable. this will fix the problem
lwc wrote:I still claim it should only re-connect if the disconnection wasn't wanted (i.e. not initiated by a button press).
I find it handy to have the autoreconnect feature ... and I haven't had complaints from anyone else.

if you want to exit, click exit on the client's scprompt2009 ... and it exits
lwc wrote:Why is MAIN_ENABLE_SONAR enabled by default?
Why not ??? if you don't like it, turn it off before you roll-your-own ...
lwc wrote:What is SCHook.dll that replaced vnchooks.dll?
Search the forums, you will find your answer
lwc wrote:Last but not least, the main problem is the prompter takes space and stays in the background (unlike the original manual SC).
you can minimise it down you know ... that way it doesn't take up space ... :P

if you don't like the way I do something, ask me for the source code, and make the changes yourself ... or try one of the other projects in the forums ... there are many great projects around that will make for a more permanent solution ... this was a quick modification to an existing project, to update it to vista compatible. it wasn't initially made as a permanent solution, but has developed into one (of sorts).

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
lwc

Post by lwc »

JDaus wrote:the adds you experienced sounded like they where from the viewer.
Neverheless, how is the server different if the online creator still uses the old version?
I find it handy to have the autoreconnect feature ... and I haven't had complaints from anyone else.
I think the best way to disconnect is by a button press on my side. Which leads me to:
if you want to exit, click exit on the client's scprompt2009 ... and it exits
I know, but it's not the same thing. That control should be on your side as well.
lwc wrote:Why is MAIN_ENABLE_SONAR enabled by default?
Why not ??? if you don't like it, turn it off before you roll-your-own ...
Because it modifies the client's system. I'd expect such a big step to be be opt-in.
lwc wrote:What is SCHook.dll that replaced vnchooks.dll?
Search the forums, you will find your answer
I ran a search and found this topic. The other search results just mentioned these files as part of file lists.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

@lwc

maybe its just me, but the posts you have made, in this thread, have not sounded polite at all, but are rather demanding, as though I owe you something...

I don't owe you anything. I code for myself, and release it in the hope its useful.

I have spent a great deal of my time creating apps for others to use. if you don't like the way I have done something on one of these... do a better version (as others in this forum have). I welcome your efforts.

if you want me to 'help' you, start asking. being polite to those people who give you 'something for nothing' is just common sense.

if you have a suggestion for something ... try starting with 'i think' (you did this once already which was nice).

if you want explanation on something ... a 'can you please explain ...' is always a good way to start.

remember your 'please & thankyou' when talking with people. it makes a great difference to the person your talking with.

Thanks

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Just keep in mind that not all users are not native english. And need to help themself with some limited knowledge of the language.

Most of the time they don't intend to be unpolite or short and in there own
language it would be common way of saying things....
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Rudi De Vos wrote:Just keep in mind that not all users are not native english.
yep ... understand that rudi, that's why I tried to point out how to improve !

trust me, I wanted to flame on after the first two posts, but I held most of it in, understanding that he may not be native english, and 'tried' to be nice :D

that's about as nasty as I get (and I hope it wasn't too nasty).

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
obrienmd

Post by obrienmd »

JDaus wrote:Testing version available for those interested ... it has new features including:
  • commandline option to connect to a specific pre-configured connection
    if above pre-configured connection occurs, a nifty count-down GUI appears which allows the person to stop the connection before it starts ...
    Disable UAC (or not) options in the INI
    probably more (if i can remmember ... :D )
also available is a testing version of the builder ... (adds commandline options into the custom.exe (7z extracting/executing archive)

current released builder still passes all commandline options to the scprompt application, but doesn't store them in custom.exe
Very interested in this, as auto-connect is a requirement for my use case! Please shoot me a PM.
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

JDaus wrote:Testing version available for those interested ... it has new features including:
  • commandline option to connect to a specific pre-configured connection
    if above pre-configured connection occurs, a nifty count-down GUI appears which allows the person to stop the connection before it starts ...
    Disable UAC (or not) options in the INI
    probably more (if i can remmember ... :D )
also available is a testing version of the builder ... (adds commandline options into the custom.exe (7z extracting/executing archive)

current released builder still passes all commandline options to the scprompt application, but doesn't store them in custom.exe
I interessed too..
can i test it?
WebWorker

Post by WebWorker »

Hi JDaus,

Thank you for the contribution as I have been looking to replace my current SC with one that will work with Vista. I'm hoping that what you've released is the answer.

I'm running into a little problem that hopefully you or someone else could help me with. When I run the "build_with_7zip.cmd" file I get an error

Code: Select all

'build_resources\7za' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
Do I need to provide my own 7zip executable to get this to work? I did check in my 7Zip installation directory and I don't have a 7za.exe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
WebWorker

Post by WebWorker »

This applies to the Roll Your Own version.

In case anyone else runs into the same problem I did, I have found a working 7za.exe that can simply be downloaded into the /build_resources directory at http://svn.greenstone.org/release-kits/ ... ndows/7za/. I'm sure there's a better way to get this file, but it's not included in my normal 7-zip install.

The other step i needed to take was to rename the "Copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt" to just be "7z_sfx_config.txt"

After that building works! Now on to customizing it a bit more.
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

At first, I will thank JDaus so much for spending his expensive time for this project!
And please ignore people like someone here in this thread only flameing on you.

_________

Now I will thank WebWorker also because of this error occured on my side, too.
copied the "7za.exe" in the "build_resources" directory, renamed the "Copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt" into "7z_sfx_config.txt" and it is working.

_________

JDaus said, that he will outbind all the textphrases like "SCPROMPT 2009" in the top of this program into an *.ini-file.
I want to ask if it is done or if not, is there a location, where I can download the source code to fix that?
An second thing is that I want to disable the "MANUAL"-option. I search with the reshack in all the *.dll's and *.exe's but couldnt find anything concerning this issue.

would be very nice if someone can answer me these questions or give me hints.

Best Regards!
gfreed

Post by gfreed »

I've been using UltraVNC SC for a long time but now with Vista i'm having problems. I've been hearing about VNC2Me "Roll your own" looks a lot like UltraVNC SC. I loaded up VSC2Me, tried to use it but there are no instructions that tell who gets what and what you do to make it work. Some of the folks i work with are 85 years old and it hard to tell them how to use this. I found "Roll Your Own" and that program seems most like UltraVNC sc. Again i'm kind of lost on how to make it work. I read the instructions in the "how to-s" section and i'm just not sure what to do. This tortoise program has me confused, look like i need three programs to make this work. I need Roll your own, vnc2me and tortoise. But how they integrate them or set them up is beyond me.

I need your help in that i need a program that works with Vista so i can continue to fix my friends computers. I have a little service where i fix people who are shut-in(s) computers for free. I'm also shut-in with Parkinson's and can't go no where. It also slows down mental processes so i must work a little more to gain an understanding of things. Your help would be appreciated.

GF
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

gfreed wrote:I've been hearing about VNC2Me "Roll your own" looks a lot like UltraVNC SC.... i'm kind of lost on how to make it work... look(s) like i need three programs to make this work.
You just need the one program ... Scprompt 2009 Roll-Your-Own this was meant to contain all the files that you need to build the application, however i have read in the past few posts, that this is not the case, and i will endevour to fix this (and update the roll-your-own and ready-to-roll versions in the process).

in the interim, if you download the Scprompt 2009 Roll-Your-Own and extract it to an empty directory, then download the 7za.exe into the build_resources directory, and rename the "Copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt" to "7z_sfx_config.txt", this will get the builder working. (when asked what directory, point it to custom. when asked what file, point it to winvnc.exe)

to create custom "pre-configured" connections, edit the scprompt.ini file (from the custom directory) to your hearts content ...
I have a little service where i fix people who are shut-in(s) computers for free. I'm also shut-in with Parkinson's and can't go no where.
Please feel free to PM me if you cannot get it working, and hopefully you can help me in return with creating some simple documentation.

i am ridiculously busy at the moment, and find little time to sit at a computer to document things, so if anyone wishes to help out on this, i would be greatful.

@Webworker
thanks for your help working this out, i will update it with the latest testing versions (which appear to be stable now) shortly ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
chrismcb

Post by chrismcb »

I'd firstly like to say great work for the tool! It's a great improvement over the original.

I have a couple of problems/suggestions:

Is it possible to change the title window of the prompt?
At the moment, whatever I do, it defaults to "SCPROMPT 2009".

TEXT4 in the ini file seems to get ignored and defaults to "SCPrompt 2009 by Sec IT".
Is that by choice? I've got no problems with your own bit at the bottom, but just wondering if there's a glitch if it wont pick up the text in the ini.

Is it possible to either disable the "MANUAL" option, or, ideally, have it as the bottom option in the drop down box?
That way the predefined connections will be at the top making it easier for the person requiring support.

Final request: would it be possible to put a custom icon as the icon of the created executable? At the moment, it's a padlock, is there any way to get that built into the process?

I know you're a busy man, but any pointers would be great.

I'm not really up on this sort of programming, but I'm sure if I put a day aside, I'd be able to contribute if it would help others too.

Thanks
gfreed

Post by gfreed »

Ok i extracted SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own_0.9.0.4.zip to it own directory.
I placed 7za.exe in the build_resource directory.
I renamed the "Copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt" to "7z_sfx_config.txt"

I guess i'm supposed to run build with 7zip.cmd. It did some things, i had to push any key a few times. It didn't ask me anything.

Now i got V2M promp.exe and VNC2Me.exe_SC_7zip.exe. These both look like servers, which one do i give to customer. Where is the viewer? Will the server work with both Xp and Vista?

I'm guessing now but in the custom folder i found Scprompt.ini. I changed what looked like ip addresses to my address and changed the text lines. I don't know if this works or not. I'm thinking of trying to use the viewer from ultravnc. What is the difference between V2M and VNC2Me? Thanks
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

As so many already did before me, I wanted to thank you JDaus for the great work you did.
I’ve used during the last years several forms of UltraVNC SC wich helped me a lot to help other people with problems.
Most of the people I help aren’t computerfreaks and even have trouble to find a name in a combolist.
I’m not a programmer but know a bit of AutoIt and thanks to your Roll-Your-Own I could create a GUI that’s fitting to my needs, with the use of buttons. So they just need to click on the button I tell them. Some of the people however try to make connection without first calling. I can’t figure it out to make it so that it needs to be accepted by me before there pc make the connection.
Then it would works great > they push on button and after I accept then connection will be made.
Maybe you know solutions for this issue.
During testing I wrote a bit down and with it a lot of previous questions will be solved.
I've also translated v2m_lang to Dutch and will send it to you.

SCPrompt2009_ roll-your-own hints and tips

Download SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own.zip file and unzip it
In folder custom
Open file scprompt.ini
Fill in section [SC] : SCName_, SCIP_, SCPort_ (and SC ID_) with your own
Copy 7za.exe to folder build_resources
Rename file copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt to 7z_sfx_config.txt
Click on file Build_VNC2Me_SC_7zip.exe
Click on Yes in screen Custom Compiler
Choose folder custom
Click on OK button
Select winvnc.exe
Click on OK in screen Custom Compiler – Added Files
Click on OK in screen UVNC Custom Compiler
SCPROMPT 2009 screen will start custom.exe on selection MANUAL
(Also possible to use build_with_7zip.cmd to create V2M_Prompt.exe)

If you want to use other icons then just replace icon1.ico and icon2.ico in folder custom with your own icons ( rename them to same names)

To change the name SCPROMPT 2009
Open v2m_lang.ini in folder custom and add in the section [Lang_(your language)] following line;
GUI_SCPROMPT_NAME = Name you want to display

To change language, other stuff or to create own GUI
Copy scprompt6.au3 to folder custom
Change in file scprompt.ini in section [Common]behind #LANGUAGE= the language you want
Then you have option ;
Open scprompt6.au3 with SciTE script editor (from AutoIt3)
Change in file scprompt6.au3 in Func _Language() in two lines
IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini… to IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini…
change in file scprompt6.au3 in Func _Language()
;$return = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "LANGUAGES", "LANG_NAME_" & $loopcount, "English") to $return = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", "languages", "LANG_NAME_" & $loopcount, "")

To change the text line of Text4
Change under ;PERSONALIZATION
GUICtrlCreateLabel("SCPrompt 2009 by Sec IT", $V2M... to GUICtrlCreateLabel($text4, $V2M...

Disable the #region of AutoIt3Wrapper by placing “ ; ” before all the lines in the region
Click on Tools / Compile
Click in Compile script from scprompt.au3 to winvnc.exe
Build customized file with Build_VNC2Me_SC_7zip.exe
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

New testing release has been uploaded for more testers to give a good going over ...

please realise that this is a testing release, and as such, has not got 100% translation, and is not expected to be 100% working. in fact, it may not even work at all.... :D

updates in this release include:
  • CHANGED - Name of the file from winvnc.exe to scprompt.exe (don't know why i made it winvnc originally ...)
    CHANGED - "custom" directory to "scprompt" directory.
    FIXED - Builder EXE should now work for all ... but failing this, all files for cmd file are included to allow users to edit things themself, and send me the files that works, so i can update / fix the builder.
    FIXED - ComboList now has first connection by default, combolist is also selected on application startup (so using arrow keys to navigate is easy)
    FIXED - "Share Desktop" is now the default button, so pressing enter makes a connection to first pre-defined connection.
    FIXED - bug with automatic connection countdown timer has been fixed (i hope) so that it should connect just as it does when using the GUI
    Tray Menu - added a small tray menu to allow exit from the tray
    FIXED - Builder now comes with all files needed (for RYO version)
    FIXED - AppName is now able to be set from the INI file
    FIXED - Languages now read from the correct INI file
    FIXED - Text1, Text2, Text3 & Text4 are now used in both GUIs
    FIXED - When another "WinVNC" is already running, we try to kill it before starting our own app
    FIXED - "Server Termination error on viewer ... server now exits cleanly
    ADDED - SC_Prompt viewer connection prompting is now supported (can be disabled with INI setting)
    ADDED - More debug messages (helps with connection problems)
    ADDED - readme in the "root" of the zip file, which explains some stuff (needs improving i know ... testers if you can help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated)
    ADDED - scprompt_example.ini with commenting to help explain all current settings
    ADDED - _IniReadWrite function which will write new setting into your old INI without changing the previous settings
    CHOICE - If you only want one Logo image for all connections, "Logo.jpg" can be used, but if you want one for each (or only some) connections, "Logo[X].jpg" can be used (where [X] is the Predefined Connection number - "Logo0.jpg" is the first connection Image)
    CHOICE - NEW GUI - uses the radio buttons, OLD GUI - which uses the DropList method is available with just a INI setting change.
there are more bug fixes and improvements, but that should do you for the moment ...

IMAGES OF THE NEW ALTERNATE GUI

Pre-defined connections are first now (in both the Radio Button GUI shown here, and the OLD DropBox style)

Manual Connections are still available, as they should be

A Pretty cool count-down timer that has no boring box look, and is done with two images, so easy to customise ... and this is XP ...

@testers
testing needs to be done in vista and other operating systems (no support for win98 & WinME).
let me know your results please (positive or negative)
Last edited by JDaus on 2009-06-30 14:13, edited 2 times in total.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Thanks Phoenix ... this will be good to add into the readme ...

it pretty much outlines how to get it working (at least for the original "broken" release)
phoenix wrote:SCPrompt2009_ roll-your-own hints and tips

Download SCPrompt2009_roll-your-own.zip file and unzip it somewhere
Enter the custom directory
Open file "scprompt.ini"
Fill in section [SC] : SCName_, SCIP_, SCPort_ (and SC ID_) with your own info

If you want to use the "Build_VNC2Me_SC_7zip.exe" (doesn't work for everyone) then:
  • Click on file "Build_VNC2Me_SC_7zip.exe"
    Choose folder "custom"
    Click on "OK" button
    Select "winvnc.exe"
    Click on "Yes" in screen Custom Compiler (no will run and exit - its a good test for you, but you will need to start again)
    Click on "OK" in screen Custom Compiler – Added Files
    Click on "OK" in screen UVNC Custom Compiler
    SCPROMPT 2009 application (custom.exe) will start for you to test or send to clients
If you want to use the "build_with_7zip.cmd" then:
  • Download 7za.exe to the "build_resources" directory
    Rename file copy of 7z_sfx_config.txt to 7z_sfx_config.txt
    run the "build_with_7zip.cmd" file to build the app
    "V2M_Prompt.exe" is the application packaged only by 7zip (no UPX)
    "VNC2Me_SC_7zip.exe" is the application repacked with UPX
If you want to use other icons then just replace icon1.ico and icon2.ico in folder custom with your own icons ( rename them to same names)

To change the application name from "SCPROMPT 2009"
  • Open v2m_lang.ini in "custom" directory and add (in the [Lang_(your language)] section) the following line
    GUI_SCPROMPT_NAME = Name you want to display

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

where can i doenload the test version? on your site there is still teh old...
thanks
sainsuper
mingwa

Post by mingwa »

Yes, I'm also wondering why I can't find the new version of it. Could you please post the link!

Thanks!
Last edited by mingwa on 2009-07-02 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

the release is available to testers only at this stage.

once it has been tested as working (or not) and stable (or not), it will be released (or revised).

if you want to be a tester, please PM me, i will send you a link to the APP, then i want you to test it and test it and TEST IT to see if you can break it ...

once you have tested it, i need you to send me feedback on your testing ... that way i can get major bugs ironed out prior to general release ... (so i don't have the situation of the initial release where it took months before i figured out that the batch script didn't have all the files needed)

so far i can confirm the following with this build:
  • 1) Connections to type II repeaters work well
    2) The custom builder works well.
this release doesn't support encryption or service mode. if your looking for something that does, try either : [topic=14956]RAC[/topic] or [topic=15086]UVNC-Helper[/topic]

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
dghundt

Post by dghundt »

What is everyone using for Vista with encryption?
EagleTG

Post by EagleTG »

This appears to work brilliantly. I just had a Vista user connect to me without issue.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the work, it's truly appreciated. SC not working in Vista was becoming a bit of an issue for us, and this definitely helps.

I created an account just to express my gratitude. :)
-Eagle
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

JDaus wrote:the release is available to testers only at this stage.
Hello JD...I have responded to you by PM on two previous occassions, unfortunately my messages still haven't left my inbox. For whatever reason PMs are not moving along as they should. I know you are interest in feedback on your new BETA, so I will respond here.

I gave your latest testing version a good checkout this AM. I tested with all three guis plus the small timed gui for autoconnect. Everything worked as described in your read me file, including the prompt on the viewer side to accept or decline the connection. This version still has a problem getting around firewalls without being prompted to allow or block.

While all worked as intended, I tend to prefer your earlier testing version with the combo box and where the autoconnect command argument could be included at time of build. If it was possible to include Advantig's winvnc in the builder for this version all my needs would be nicely met. As you have previously pointed out, the Advantig winvnc has no difficulty connecting through firewalls etc. I hope my comments are helpful to you.

Bill H
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

while configuring, replacing and testing i found something that could be better:

Its the Text 1 to 4 you can found in scprompt.ini.

I would export it into the "v2m_lang.ini", the Code in "scprompt8.au3" from line '263' to '270' will look like this:

$text1 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "TEXT_TEXT1_TEXT", "Select the Connection Name")
; $colortext1 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "SC", "COLORTEXT1", 0)
$text2 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "TEXT_TEXT2_TEXT", "From the above list")
; $colortext2 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "SC", "COLORTEXT2", 0)
$text3 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "TEXT_TEXT3_TEXT", "My Programname")
; $colortext3 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "SC", "COLORTEXT3", 0)
$text4 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "TEXT_TEXT4_TEXT", "Provided by")
; $colortext4 = _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "SC", "COLORTEXT4", 0)

Bug found in German settings:

The Buttons are to small for the Text, make it bigger in "scprompt8.au3" from line '255' to '258' with this code:

$subitem = GUICtrlCreateButton(_IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "MAIN_UVNC_BTN_START", "CONNECT"), 10, $V2M_GUI_Height - 30, 120, 20)
; GUICtrlSetTip(-1, _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "MAIN_UVNC_BTN_START_TIP", "TIP NOT TRANSLATED"))
$canitem = GUICtrlCreateButton(_IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "MAIN_BTN_EXIT", "EXIT"), 140, $V2M_GUI_Height - 30, 60, 20)
; GUICtrlSetTip(-1, _IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "MAIN_UVNC_BTN_STOP_TIP", "TIP NOT TRANSLATED"))

EDIT

Found one more thing who can be better ;-)

in the "scpromt8.au3" on line '619' you can find the creation of the Radioentry "MANUAL", I personally wanted to not be shown this entry.
My suggestion is to add an entry to "scprompt.ini":

"Show_combobox_MANUAL=1"

Code will look like this:

If IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\scprompt.ini", "SC", "Show_combobox_MANUAL", "1") = 1 Then
$radio_Manual = GUICtrlCreateRadio(_IniReadWrite(@ScriptDir & "\v2m_lang.ini", $V2M_GUI_Language, "MAIN_UVNC_DROPDEFAULT", "MANUAL"), $V2M_GUI_Width - 135, $height, 135, 20)
EndIf

best regards,
marc
Last edited by marcgistel on 2009-07-09 14:19, edited 3 times in total.
Sdrabor

Post by Sdrabor »

First, thanks for the great app! 8)

Just to confirm one thing that was mentioned before... it appears that TEXT4 uses "SCPrompt 2009 by Sec IT" even if I manually put different text in. Not a huge deal, but wanted to make sure it was known.
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Hi sdrabor,

this is not correct in all.
TEXT4 will be written(maybe there is no place to show it dont know at this moment).
But there also TEXT5 existing. (Its hardcoded and not configureable over the "scprompt.ini"-file. :cry: :cry: (Why hardcode?)).

You can replace it:

open the "scprompt.au3" (maybe "scprompt6.au3"...) with an editor like "notepad++" or "autoit3".
There you have to scroll to the line '288' and '300'.
There you can find this entry concerning "SCPrompt 2009 by Sec IT".
Replace it with yours :P

best regards,
marc
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Hey JDaus,

Question:

This Baloon coming up if I want to share the screen.
For my eyes it comes from uvnc.
Do you think it could be possible to hide this baloontip? (would be great :))

best regards,
marc