Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

[solved]server locking

cykil

[solved]server locking

Post by cykil »

Hi I really been having a great time with this product..... I use this with my iphone and basically it has turned my iphone into a mini laptop. works sweet!!!!!

I only have one problem....
after hrs of use pretty much all day on and off the server with my iphone, the server locks....

The tray icon locks can't right click it and it downs the server. i've tried many remedies ending task and starting over but nothing works till i reset the computer then all is back to normal and it works again all day.

I do not know what is causing the lock or if there is a setting can change so the server will stay live indeffinately.
I've tried changingthe timeout.... that made the program not run at all.
i've even tried some of the server run things -autoconnect..... is there a way to tell it to dump and restart when this happens. most of the time i have large projects running and to close all the stuff i'm working on to reset just isnt feasable.
I had been running the jaadu connect but now have found this works without and only running no-ip and the ultravnc... but like clock work every day not specific time yet always know its gona stop working. sometimes its longer sometimes its shorter. I'm on n off the server 100's of times no problems at all... then boom server message on my phonee that the server denied request and i go to the comp and find it frozen like i was saying. my ip's dont change had comcast change me to a static ip way before i ever got this. there are no blocks in the router errr time limit for connection. makes no sense to me. I've searched and searched tried many similar seeming posts answers and nothing has stopped this. So i post to see if anyone knows. Everything works great besides this long awaited disconnect. in fact i've tried to break the connection on off back n forth running all different progs looking for conflict but the vnc is bullet proof at least on my system. then out of the blue after a while of no connecting. the server seems to hibernate it self. every time cannot right click cannot restart the service in working condition without resetting the whole system. lately this has been happening when i leave the house. i ride a bike so i get some down time from being able to connect. i'll get to where i was going and check sometimes its still working but others it has downed again n locked up like i was saying. I do graphic design and this product has made my iphonemy mini laptop conected to my graphic computer (win xp sp2)
I'm not sure if the answer is in the forums i've looked and looked but do not knw how to activly search this problem between all the other threads of other near miss subjects. Or if even implimenting the solutions correctly...
Thanks if any info please let me know
[mod=494,1261172060]bug tvu player and not uvnc[/mod]
Last edited by cykil on 2009-12-18 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
redge

Re: server locking

Post by redge »

[topic=68][/topic]
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
cykil

Post by cykil »

ahh yea i forgt my bad
im was using the 106 version but i upgraded last night to the 108 and still have same problem found the server thismorning locked again had to reset runnning xp sp2 and the new 108 ultravnc im actually posting this from my phone through ultra vnc atm. works great just this locking after hr of working thanks again.....
redge

Post by redge »

please update to 1.0.8.2, have more bug fix.
but i can't tell if fix your issue or not.
cykil

Post by cykil »

hi again yea i had updated to 1.0.8.2 last night runs great....

Yet I just got home and found the server locked again cannot right click on the icon on the task manager i dont have it hiding the tray icon or any of that... just after a certain mount of time the server stops responding and cant click on it.

ths time as i just got home and tried to click on it it wouldnt not pull up the menu... when i double clicked on it the simple properties came up but then i couldnt use the window and it errored and i had to end task wich shut down the server. Wich then restarted it self... where i cannot connect with my phone says "connection refused. you may have a firewall blocking assess. Please check your connection settings and try again".

so now if i restart the computer it will connect fine like nothing happened.

I'm trying to find a connection timer or something.
I'm not sure why after hrs and hrs of working fine it would all of a sudden lock the taskbar icon and stop the server... or at least block connection to the server... not too sure if its still running but keeps refusing.

I dont understand why full system reboot has to happen before it will work again.
ver 1.0.8.2 on win xp sp2
i think i need to turn on the logs and try this for a day to see if they catch what is happening.
But i had wrote the last reply using the ultravnc from myphone not even 2 hrs ago and now get home and its locked again...
have no trouble connecting when comp has rebooted. but then so many hrs later it keeps doing this lock thing. have no way to reboot the system when i'm out if i cannot connect to the server. I dont wana have to tell my machine to reboot every time i log off the vnc from my phone just so know its there later. all i know is nothing changes on the computer and it seems to just time out.

i saw pposts about the repeater and tried installing that and putting the autoconnect on the server run command line yet that is for the viewer i found out later and hasnt helped. tho it does seem to reload the ultravnc. not sure if thats the vnc reopening on its own or the repeater helping that.
anyhow great product if only the server would stay running past one day

thanks for the respoces too hope this information can better assess the issue once i get a log of this happening i'll post it
redge

Post by redge »

did you disable power management or change the power value ?
is your isp disconnect (abuse usage time) you and then your computer going to sleep mode ?
cykil

Post by cykil »

nope never touched any of the power stuff nor do i sleep my computer not even a screen saver i use games to save the screen

actually last night it freaked out and ended task on its own would pop back up cause the repeater i think but now it will not keep a password past crash or reset.. think gona reinstall whole thing yet it seems like it never kills the settings for the vnc by just removing it windows programs feature. i had reinstalled a few ties to find the same settings after uninstalling and deleting reg keys and folder...
could be a hiccup in the isp but dont have anything set in router in that fashion. the whole problem was that it was locking the server after a time limit that was changing. I tried to make a log of this happening and after opening in notepad lookin at it now it hasnt created a new log or new entries since last night... not worried about the current password issue yet i know when i reinstall it gona be back to after a time it locks the icon in the tray and its also lit up as if a user is connected... few times it had let me into the right click menu where imediately checked who's connected.... blank so not too sure whats going on... from my previous post it seemed to degrade over time it started to let me connect but then drop the connection right away displaying watson for the vnc but would pop back with the repeater opeing few times watson on the load of the repeater... (using repeater to try n trick vnc to open back up when crash even tho for the viewer seems to push the vnc to come back where would not come back without the repeater and command line "-autoreconnect ID:xxxx -connect repeater_IP:5500 -run" ) yet last night kept closig as stated above yet degraded even more to losing the password and not keeping the password through a crash or 2 then i reset and still did not hold and then to prove again logged in to set and reset and still will not hold password. so going to clean reinstall here in a minute the 1.0.8.2 go

ahhh
i did check to see if the port 5900 was able to be seen when this lockdown happens and its not visable yet on reopening the vnc the ports visable again tho while locked down shows the icon as client connected.....
something its not resolving the server past a point mostly happens after not connecting for a bit changing idletimeout to 999999999 made the vnc unresolvable. didnt load at all. changing it to 1 it connect then disconnect right away. over and over.....
I dont know what part of the log to post it is lengthy and has not created a any new references it cuts off at half a line even last night when it started not retaining password
going to see what reinstall will do tho i have found ths distant locking every time i reinstall this all still relevent...
thanks much
this prog invaluable iphone is now my laptop so sweet tytytytytytytytyty lol

one thing i do run multiple mmo's old to new some that couldnt even display render video run 3d prgams and tvu one game couldnt run with tights dll and the tvu player sometimes the vnc will push the vid sometimes not and the tvu at least has been runnign through these lockdown instances not sure if thats anything to do with it just vid encoding...
cykil

Post by cykil »

if anything in simple terms how do ya make the vnc restart it self normal after a set time or something so that its resolving it self and would only hiccup in extreme situations?

i also keep seeing 2 vnc on the processes tab..
one has no berring on the vnc the other will close it...
that goes back to last post saying how does not uninstall all the set information even after deleting folder n reg keys
I babble hope info helps still lost..
cykil

Post by cykil »

so i reinstalled 1.0.8.2 last night this time installed as server but i hid the tray icon.... at first the program fought me closing here and there but I reset a few times woke up this morning and the server was still going... Maybe the tray icon has something to do with winvnc not closing right... It did close the same way and lock the server the few times reseting last night but so far today still up thgrouh down time or idle time as previously it would not last through even an hr of idle time.
only time will tell
redge

Post by redge »

cykil

simple.
server locking is it solved removing winvnc systray icon ?
cykil

Post by cykil »

actually just as i got the email that ur post was submited I tried to connect and it keeps timing out right now
cykil

Post by cykil »

I just found this in the log and nothing else

Mon Dec 14 19:44:09 2009
.\vncproperties.cpp : saving current settings to registry
--The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.
.\vncproperties.cpp : enddialog (OK)
--This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.
.\vncproperties.cpp : dialog result = 1
c:\data\ultravnc\ultravnc project root\ultravnc\winvnc\winvnc\vncPasswd.h : PASSWD : ToText called
.\vncservice.cpp : @@@@@@@@@@@@@ GetCurrentUser - UserNAme found: --------
--Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

without ending task right now i cannot connect both winvnc.exe are still running in processes but stuck at waiting for connection and after a while a time out message appears
c:\data\ultravnc\ultravnc project root\ultravnc\winvnc\winvnc\vncPasswd.h
vncPasswd.h is not on my computer in any folder and that folder heiarchy is not present
Last edited by cykil on 2009-12-15 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
cykil

Post by cykil »

reset comp logs right back in works fine again... end tasking the winvnc.exe one at a time they reapear yet didnt bring server back end tasking both same time winvnc.exe doesnt come back at all.
Its like it goes to sleep after so long
or frozen on that longer command name argument in the log
.\vncproperties.cpp : saving current settings to registry
--The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.
.\vncproperties.cpp : enddialog (OK)
--This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.
.\vncproperties.cpp : dialog result = 1
c:\data\ultravnc\ultravnc project root\ultravnc\winvnc\winvnc\vncPasswd.h : PASSWD : ToText called
.\vncservice.cpp : @@@@@@@@@@@@@ GetCurrentUser - UserNAme found: --------
--Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
cykil

Post by cykil »

since last post server has not failed tho i have not ran tvu player so i think that the video was messing up the server i have not had it open since then and no problems at all havent reset yet think was compression error cause i had seen that message before when running tvu
redge

Post by redge »

since last post server has not failed tho i have not ran tvu player
we can pass the life for find bug unrelated to uvnc.
cykil

Post by cykil »

Yup All good
Video was the culprit
My .avi and 3d work still works just not tvu player.
Can open full games and programs besides that.
must be a compresser. seen some errors closing the client.
wasn't reproducable. random

one off note can't get control of elements in the 3d program when click them with the mouse any movement induces the same direction.
have messed with the cursor settings but no luck just sucks entering it by numbers lol
maybe more curser control in the future I dont know why it doesnt act the same even trying to use it as a mouse and blanking the screen. its a click and drag movement so double click and drag but it doesnt record direction??
redge

Post by redge »

one off note can't get control of elements in the 3d program when click them with the mouse any movement induces the same direction.
have messed with the cursor settings but no luck just sucks entering it by numbers lol
maybe more curser control in the future I dont know why it doesnt act the same even trying to use it as a mouse and blanking the screen. its a click and drag movement so double click and drag but it doesnt record direction??
don't understand, video capture ?