Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

VNC SC Windows 7 Slow

Single Click discussions / bugs
bari1

VNC SC Windows 7 Slow

Post by bari1 »

Hi,
i'm using vnc sc in my company with windows xp OS and i use ultravnc 1.02 version in Listen Mode to receive all incoming connection over tcp/ip port 5500 no registry;
on my pc is installed Windows 7 x64 and this work fine with XP, 2000 and 2003 OS;
recently, my company has required to deploy Windows 7 pc's to refresh some old machine;
i tried to connect with this new machine and establish connect correctly but time response is very very slow.
what's the problem with 7?
i've disable windows firewall as well as windows defender without success.
what can i do to improve the same time response i've with XP OS?
thanks in advance,
francesco
Last edited by bari1 on 2010-03-30 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
yts_jim

Re: VNC SC Windows 7 Slow

Post by yts_jim »

bari1 wrote:windows xp OS and i use ultravnc 1.02 version in Listen Mode ... work fine with XP, 2000 and 2003 OS... [win 7] establish connect correctly but time response is very very slow.
what's the problem with 7
did you look through the forums before posting your question ???

it looks like you have an old sc version, and need to use the updated version (which supports Vista & 7 much better). the sticky posts at the top of the forum should help you out.
JD

YTS
JasGot

Post by JasGot »

I've spent a few months looking through the forums. I have the latest version. And I have the same problem as the OP. I now wonder if it could be resolution related? Everyone has such large screens these days, does it just take longer because of it?

I am experiencing between 30 and 60 second delays for screen updates with Windows 7 as the server and running my viewer in listening mode.

I can find any solutions to my problems.

Has anyone experienced delays like this and then resolved them?
bari1

Post by bari1 »

JasGot wrote:I've spent a few months looking through the forums. I have the latest version. And I have the same problem as the OP. I now wonder if it could be resolution related? Everyone has such large screens these days, does it just take longer because of it?

I am experiencing between 30 and 60 second delays for screen updates with Windows 7 as the server and running my viewer in listening mode.

add
[DIS_UAC]
after ip connection in your txt configuration file.
hi
JasGot

Post by JasGot »

bari1 wrote:
JasGot wrote:I've spent a few months looking through the forums. I have the latest version. And I have the same problem as the OP. I now wonder if it could be resolution related? Everyone has such large screens these days, does it just take longer because of it?

add
[DIS_UAC]
after ip connection in your txt configuration file.
hi
I tried that and it didn't work. I should also add that I am using the SCPrompt to build my distribution executable. I placed the [DIS_UAC] at the bottom of the ultravnc.ini file

Thanks for your quick responce, I now have a glimmer of hope again.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

JasGot wrote:I now wonder if it could be resolution related? Everyone has such large screens these days, does it just take longer because of it?
Yes ... the bigger the screen, the more pixels that are needed to be checked, compressed, sent, recieved (at viewer) and displayed (at viewer) ... this all takes time of course ... i noticed with one client that used XP @ 2000+ resolution (he had a massive screen) that his machine was crazily slow ... i tried lots of things, but in the end, changed his resolution, problem solved ...
JasGot wrote:I should also add that I am using the SCPrompt to build my distribution executable.
*OFF TOPIC* I should just release the builder as a stand alone application ... it may be handy for others who want to have an offline builder also ... hmmm more complexity in my releases ... :P
Last edited by JDaus on 2010-09-03 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
mudslag

Post by mudslag »

I to have issues with a VNC server on windows 7 running supper slow, its not Ultra but sounds like its very similar issues. When I had the same server on XP it ran like a champ. Other then the OS change, nothing is different.
cwko2000

Post by cwko2000 »

I'm also having the same problem. I've got a few PC's running on XP with wide screen monitors and hight resolution but don't have a problem. Only with Windows 7 no matter what size monitor I have or resolution of 800x600, the remote is extremely snail paced slow.
cliffyb1

Post by cliffyb1 »

I found the solution in the forums to slow win7/vista performance that worked for me.

On the client side right click the UVNC connection icon and deselect
"poll full screen fast" click apply but do not close instead minimize the icon to the taskbar during the session or it will revert back.
claytondias

Post by claytondias »

thanks clifyb1, it's work!
is there any possibility of amendment be saved even minimized or closed?
stgtech

Post by stgtech »

This fix worked for me as well. It would be great to find a fix instead of a workaround!

Aaron