Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Very Simple SC based on oryginal UVNC and WinRAR

Single Click discussions / bugs
Nicram

Very Simple SC based on oryginal UVNC and WinRAR

Post by Nicram »

Hello
Some of my friends asked me how i made my own SC solution.
Well before i made it myself i was trying to use some already tools that are here, on SC on the site, but there was always few problems:
- SC should work just by "single" click, not many buttons, i really need something for very first PC users
- SC should work with all options UVNC have (like file transfer, many image compression systems etc.)
- SC should work without problems on 386 and x64, XP, Vista and Win7.

SC solutions here are way too complicated, then needed too much time to prepare everything, and they were not compatible with latest UVNC, and it was most important thing for me.

So here is my solution:
1. Install UltraVNC, and UltraVNC x64 (into different folder).
you may run installer of X64 version without problems on i386 Windows OS.

2. Download latest WinRAR and WinRAR x64 (You may download only X64 version if You use x64 Windows OS, because it have i386 executables we need).
3. Install WinRAR for your architecture.
If it is x64 version, then go to point 4.

3.1 If you installed i386 WinRAR then extract second downloaded file (x64 version) with it to some temporary folder.
3.2 Open that temporary folder and copy file "Default64.SFX" to the directory, where you have installed WinRAR (Usually C:\Program Files\WinRAR, you may check it clicking right mouse button on shortcut in start menu, and choosing properties, it will show you file location there)

4. Go to Your UltraVNC (i386) folder and prepare file "ultravnc.ini" with such lines inside:

[Permissions]
[admin]
FileTransferEnabled=1
FTUserImpersonation=1
BlankMonitorEnabled=1
CaptureAlphaBlending=0
BlackAlphaBlending=0
DefaultScale=1
UseDSMPlugin=0
DSMPlugin=
SocketConnect=0
HTTPConnect=0
XDMCPConnect=0
AutoPortSelect=1
InputsEnabled=1
LocalInputsDisabled=0
IdleTimeout=0
EnableJapInput=0
QuerySetting=2
QueryTimeout=10
QueryAccept=0
LockSetting=0
RemoveWallpaper=0
RemoveAero=0
DebugMode=0
DebugLevel=8
AllowLoopback=1
LoopbackOnly=0
AllowShutdown=1
AllowProperties=1
AllowEditClients=1
FileTransferTimeout=60
DisableTrayIcon=0
MSLogonRequired=0
NewMSLogon=0
ConnectPriority=0
UseRegistry=0
Avilog=0
kickrdp=0
service_commandline=
AuthRequired=1
AuthHosts=
PortNumber=0
HTTPPortNumber=0
QueryIfNoLogon=0
primary=1
secundary=0
KeepAliveInterval=5
BlankInputsOnly=1
secondary=0
DSMPluginConfig=
RemoveEffects=0
RemoveFontSmoothing=0
SocketKeepAliveTimeout=10000
[ultravnc]
passwd=35679BE975FA655598
passwd2=S93KJ68FF4321F31A2
[poll]
TurboMode=0
PollUnderCursor=0
PollForeground=0
PollFullScreen=0
OnlyPollConsole=0
OnlyPollOnEvent=0
EnableDriver=0
EnableHook=0
EnableVirtual=0
SingleWindow=0
SingleWindowName=
MaxCpu=40

passwd and passwd files are not used, but i add them if someone will try to connect from outside to the computer, that we curretly use. This configuration do not use any "hook" or "display" drivers, so it may work little slower without them, but for sure more stable and less problematic.

REMEMBER TO CHANGE passwd and passwd2 into some other random numbers.

5. Copy "ultravnc.ini" into UltraVNC x64 folder.

6. Run WinRAR, inside the WinRAR go to UltraVNC (i386) folder.
6.1 Select files:

authadmin.dll
authSSP.dll
ldapauth.dll
logging.dll
logmessages.dll
ultravnc.ini
vnchooks.dll
winvnc.exe
workgrpdomnt4.dll

Click "Add" button.

6.2 in "General" tab select:
Archive format: RAR
Compression method: Best
Select in Archiving options: Create SFX archive, Create solid archive, Lock archive.

I also select "Put authentic verification" so my customers know from who they got the software.

Archive name: MySCi386.exe

You may put there name for Your single click executable that customers will use. MySCi386.exe is just an exmaple, but it may be whatever you want.

6.3 Go to "Advanced" tab, click on "SFX options" button, and there:
6.3.1 In "General" tab find "Run after extraction" form and put there (without quotes): "winvnc.exe -connect YOURHOST:5500 -run"

YOURHOST = The IP or domain name of computer, that will wait for customers connection. It may be repeater host also, but i didn't try this to work with "repeater" software.

6.3.2 Go to "Modes" tab and select "Unpack to temporary folder".
6.3.3 From "Silent mode" radio buttons choose "Hide all".
6.3.4 Go to "Update" tab, and select there "Extract and replace files" and "Overwrite all files".

6.3.5 Go to "Module" tab, and select SFX module to use. Because we firstly prepare i386 version, we will left Default.SFX (it is 32bit, even when You use WinRAR x64).

Click OK button.

6.4. You will back into "Archive name and parameters" windows.

Click OK button.

Your file is made in the UltraVNC folder. It got name, that You put in "Archive name" form in 6.2

6.5 Repeat all operations for x64 version same way (from 6.2 to 6.3.5), except two things:
- use UltraVNC x64 folder
- in 6.3.5 choose DefaultX64.sfx.

And that is enough, now unblock port 5500 (TCP) on your firewall, install UltraVNC and start UltraVNC Client (listen mode). When customer will run the prepared ultravnc session, it will connect with "YOURHOST" and you will see his desktop.

Also when customer will close ultravnc session, winrar will automatically delete all files that were used, so it is cleans olution :) The main packages are less than 1MB of diskspace, so it is simple to transfer them over internet, even when it;s slow.

Ofcourse You may protect archive with passwords, or generate many packages with different passwords, for different customers etc.

I think this is all, if anyone got some ideas to add for my *real* single click solutionn, then please share them :)
Last edited by Nicram on 2010-12-01 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
vpdd

Re: Very Simple SC based on oryginal UVNC and WinRAR

Post by vpdd »

Hi Nicram,

Could you upload a sample? It will make it easier to follow the instructions.

Thanks for the work.
NoFastidies

Post by NoFastidies »

I'm using for years a very similar solution that differs from yours only in the use of 'winvnc.exe' SC version, which is unfortunately very outdated despite regular requests here for a new version. My RAR sfx is 197kb, thanks to the small size of SC winvnc.exe. This size with SFX custom icon and winvnc tray icon too.

I have a thread of my own on issues with the actual SC winvnc.exe:
[topic=26975][/topic]

If you run the x86 winvnc on a x64 system it won't work? just to avoid the use of 2 exe's.

Last week I've tried to build a new one with the latest winvnc.exe without success, seems that it was missing some files, the ini and a command line parameter 'run'. (Missing everything, I meant :D )

Thank you, really nice :)
Last edited by NoFastidies on 2010-11-30 20:31, edited 4 times in total.
I was once one person, now I am another.
Nicram

Post by Nicram »

NoFastidies wrote:If you run the x86 winvnc on a x64 system it won't work? just to avoid the use of 2 exe's.

Last week I've tried to build a new one with the latest winvnc.exe without success, seems that it was missing some files, the ini and a command line parameter 'run'. (Missing everything, I meant :D )

Thank you, really nice :)
I'm happy if i can help :) Well yes, 32bit version extracts correctly, but it do not work for Wind7 x64, so i prepared x64 version, with x64 extract executable.

Here is the link if someine is interested http://www.marcinwilk.eu/itos-simple-x64.exe

While the size is little bit larger for this version, it is good, because it uses only native x64 code.
redge

Post by redge »

SocketConnect=0

incoming connection ignored.
outgoing connection only allowed perfect for remote support usage.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
Nicram

Post by Nicram »

redge wrote:SocketConnect=0

incoming connection ignored.
outgoing connection only allowed perfect for remote support usage.
Thank You :)

Update: Greeting to all people that run my SC solution and connected with my client in listen mone :) While i always close it, it is still little bit funny when someones desktop appear out from internet :)
Last edited by Nicram on 2010-12-09 16:40, edited 1 time in total.