Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Update 1.1.8 (Stable) download +info

littlebird

Re: Update 1.1.6.0 RC Info+Download

Post by littlebird »

Thanks for the update!
No blank screen any anymore on x64. W8hook is used and its really, really fast. And the cpu load is unbelievably low. Great!
But there is a big problem with the transmitting of mouse and keyboard actions: It will work for a couple of seconds (maybe 10) but then it won't transmit for another couple of seconds. Sometimes just about
3-5 sec and more often about 10-15 sec. Sometimes it will just work for just 2-3 sec and then stall for about 30 sec.
egal8888

Post by egal8888 »

I got another error using ultravnc.
This error is not related to the latest 1.1.6 RC. It exists in all versions back to 1.0.8.2 (maybe in all ultravnc versions).
When trying to connect to a machine that uses a native screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 px, ultravnc asks for a password and after giving the right login credentials, ultravnc closes the connection directly without giving a specific error.
Trying the same using the java viewer in firefox I get the following error message: Error: Width (0) and height (0) cannot be <=0

Could it be that ultravnc cannot deal with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 and that using this resolution results in some kind of overflow in the ultravnc code?
egal8888

Post by egal8888 »

Rudi, thanks a lot.
The described issue in my last post seems to be fixed in 1.1.7.
orioon

Post by orioon »

Hi,

Nothing but, but it is a bit disturbing if you support users:
When creating a chat session, the other user will only see the IP instead of the hostname of the viewer.
The viewer however sees the hostname if he get's a response, also when he connected by IP.

Would it be possible to resolve the hostname?
heyrobscott

Re: Update 1.1.8 (Stable) download +info

Post by heyrobscott »

The x64 .exe of 1.1.8 downloads as 0 bytes. I've tried to download it from both Firefox and Chrome, but it just saves a 0 byte UltraVNC_1_1_8_X64_Setup.exe file. The x64 add-on version does download.

Can you re-upload the x64 installer?
tbran6

Post by tbran6 »

The X86 download is zero bytes as well.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Error corrected ...
Please report if other downloads fail.
mcwtim

Post by mcwtim »

What is required for the "-adaptive packet size ( bigger on lan/ smaller on wan... depend on the recorded packet loss: works only as service)" feature to work? Is this fully automatic or require an entry in the ultravnc.ini? Is it overridden by the sendbuffer=xxxx setting 1.0.8.0 added or does it coexist with it?
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

This replace sendbuffer=xxx when it's supported.
*service
*win7>=
The ultravnc.ini set the start sendbuffer value.
And "adaptive packet " change the sendbuffer is auto changed based on the network type and packet los.
OmegaPhil

Post by OmegaPhil »

Hi Rudi,

I posted this over a month ago with no response - does it need its own thread? Is there an appropriate place to post this? Yes, I am currently testing the latest Viewer on Windows 8. Thanks for any reply.

======================================================================================================================================================================================

Unfortunately Windows 8 has been forced on me here at work (I come from the land of the free - Debian), and now not even RealVNC's proprietary client can do a proper fullscreen mode (doesnt use the second monitor on this workstation). So, I'm investigating the latest beta UltraVNC (v1.1). I only use the UltraVNC viewer to connect to x11vnc, so my POV is purely of the viewer client

Are there any plans to implement a true fullscreen mode for the viewer? I.e. I have dual monitors here and on my workstation at home. I would like to have 1:1 fullscreen with the viewer, so that it pans when the far end screen goes off the display of the local screens (this is basically what the RealVNC viewer does). Currently only the first monitor is used in fullscreen mode with the viewer.

I am happy to Paypal £40 if this functionality gets implemented and works here (I use VNC a lot from work to access mindmaps etc).

======================================================================================================================================================================================
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

1:1 in fullscreen and panning was used for older PC were the scaling was to slow to be usefull.
NOw, we just scale the screen in fullscreen mode or even in window mode when directx option (viewer) is checked.
mcwtim

Post by mcwtim »

@ Rudi
This replace sendbuffer=xxx when it's supported.
*service
*win7>=
The ultravnc.ini set the start sendbuffer value.
And "adaptive packet " change the sendbuffer is auto changed based on the network type and packet los.

Shouldn't this also work on Vista? TCP Auto Tuning was introduced with this OS.
OmegaPhil

Post by OmegaPhil »

Rudi De Vos wrote:1:1 in fullscreen and panning was used for older PC were the scaling was to slow to be usefull.
NOw, we just scale the screen in fullscreen mode or even in window mode when directx option (viewer) is checked.
Fullscreen mode does not use the two monitors currently, just the one. Scaling is not the best solution if the ARs are different - which they are in my case. RealVNC Viewer does the fullscreen + panning very well, I just need to avoid proprietary software.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

when the function is supported in Vista>= then Vista is also supported.
VNC check if the functions exist.
OmegaPhil

Post by OmegaPhil »

Sorry, I dont understand you. Obviously I cant speak about the code, but RealVNC Viewer did the job (multimonitor fullscreen + panning) under Vista and Windows 7. Now I'm on 8 it breaks, but I imagine it won't take them long to fix it (I took this as a sign to leave for free software anyway). UltraVNC didn't do multi-monitor fullscreen in Windows 7 either.

I am not having a go at UltraVNC here, I'm genuinelly interested in donating for the functionality.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

That (Vista) was an answer to mcwtim.

panning:
Viewer PC single + server dual -> panning is working

Viewer dual -> fullscreen has some trouble with coordinates, panning is not working
( tested with viewer on extended screen)
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

where can i find w8hook.dll? i have tried the addons package and choose only w8hook and no w8hook on directory
Bonji

Post by Bonji »

where can i find w8hook.dll? i have tried the addons package and choose only w8hook and no w8hook on directory
I had to install the Addon package on a Windows 8 computer to get the Windows 8 components. I would prefer it not perform an OS check because I wanted to get the package from a Windows 7 computer to then install manually on a Windows 8 computer. Alas, I just bit the bullet and installed it from a Windows 8 computer that I had to build just for this.
-Ben
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Hello,
I just upgraded to the 1.1.8 today from 1.0.9.6.2. I downloaded the AddOns (x64) as well, but when I run it, this is what I see. Seems to just be an older 1.1.7 installer? Am I missing something? Thank you for any clarification.
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Does the exe tell it's 1.1.8 ? or 1.1.7 ( winvnc.exe / vncviewer.exe)

Installer use a text file to make the exe , could be that i forgot to update this text.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Rudi De Vos wrote:Does the exe tell it's 1.1.8 ? or 1.1.7 ( winvnc.exe / vncviewer.exe)

Installer use a text file to make the exe , could be that i forgot to update this text.
What exe are you referring to? The 1.1.8 installation is fine and shows 1.1.8. What I'm referring to is the AddOns download. The image you see is from the AddOns installation but nowhere does the install text show clearly that you're installing the AddOns. I was just wondering if the file that's out there IS actually the AddOns or just the older UVNC 1.1.7 install?

I did NOT install the AddOns since it didn't look like that's what it was. This is the first time I'm downloading the AddOns so it's a bit confusing to me. Thanks for your help.

[UPDATE] I went ahead and went through the AddOns installation and it is for the AddOns. I did run into an issue after the install that I posted in a separate thread.
Dr.Death

Post by Dr.Death »

Found a bug for all versions.

>winvnc.exe -autoreconnect ID:999997990 -connect 123.123.123.123:5500 -run

This connects to the repeater. The client is connected to the repeater, a screen for entering the password. If you click "Cancel", the server does not reconnect to the repeater.

Code: Select all

[Permissions]
[admin]
UseRegistry=0
MSLogonRequired=0
NewMSLogon=0
DebugMode=0
Avilog=0
path=
DebugLevel=0
DisableTrayIcon=0
LoopbackOnly=0
UseDSMPlugin=1
AllowLoopback=0
AuthRequired=0
ConnectPriority=0
DSMPlugin=SecureVNCPlugin.dsm
AuthHosts=
DSMPluginConfig=SecureVNC;0;0x00104001;****************=
AllowShutdown=1
AllowProperties=1
AllowEditClients=1
FileTransferEnabled=1
FTUserImpersonation=1
BlankMonitorEnabled=1
BlankInputsOnly=0
DefaultScale=1
CaptureAlphaBlending=1
BlackAlphaBlending=1
primary=1
secondary=0
SocketConnect=1
HTTPConnect=0
XDMCPConnect=0
AutoPortSelect=1
PortNumber=5900
HTTPPortNumber=5800
IdleTimeout=0
RemoveWallpaper=1
RemoveAero=1
QuerySetting=2
QueryTimeout=10
QueryAccept=0
QueryIfNoLogon=0
InputsEnabled=1
LockSetting=0
LocalInputsDisabled=0
EnableJapInput=1
kickrdp=0
clearconsole=0
service_commandline=
FileTransferTimeout=30
KeepAliveInterval=5
[admin_auth]
group1=
group2=
group3=
locdom1=0
locdom2=0
locdom3=0
[ultravnc]
passwd=****************
passwd2=*********************
[poll]
TurboMode=0
PollUnderCursor=0
PollForeground=0
PollFullScreen=1
OnlyPollConsole=0
OnlyPollOnEvent=0
MaxCpu=100
EnableDriver=0
EnableHook=1
EnableVirtual=0
SingleWindow=0
SingleWindowName=
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

where w8hook.dll need to be put? near winvnc.exe? is this working running winvnc.exe not installed as service?

I have some problem with key-banding ALT+TAB or Windows+TAB on Windows 8 but Windows+D or another key-banding work correctly. I have uvnckeyboardhelper.exe near winvnc.exe.

i run with UAC off and note installed as service
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

If not running as service you can try to run winvnc.exe with runas admin.

1) w8hook.dll need to be in the same folder as winvnc.exe.

2)uvnckeyboardhelper.exe:
-require service
-need to be in thye same folder as winvnc.exe
-need to be installed in a secure folder (like porgram files)
-require UAC
-File need to be installed while uac is ON, during install UAC add some special
security bit to the exe. ( You get aUAC popup to ask permission to copy in that folder)
Without this bit it also fail...
-authentocode signature need to be intact

MS realy made the security a hell, and that just for a few special keys...
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

w8hook to work need winvnc.exe in service mode?
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

ultravnc 1.1.8.1 (UltraVNC_1_1_8_X86_Setup.exe) don't extrat the schook.dll only vnchooks.dll. schook.dll is no more need for win xp/Vista?

sas.dll is no more available too. No need for vista pc any more?
Yod4z

Post by Yod4z »

WARNING:
To fix the security issue we needed to change the handshaking.
new Viewer still work with older server, give security warning
new server require new viewer ( using old viewer you get message to upgrade)

i don't have this warning and can use older viewer with new server. maybe because using it in normal (not as service) mode with uac disabled