Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

comments splitted from ChunkVNC vnc-related product

Simple, Free, Open Source UltraVNC Wrapper Supporting Windows and Mac OSX
supercoe

Re: ChunkVNC - Free Windows and Mac Instant Support Tool!

Post by supercoe »

It seems you've moved the viewer folder out of the main ChunkVNC_2_0 folder.

You can't change the directory structure because Compile.bat has to copy rc4.key from the Viewer folder into \SRC\ChunkVNC_Files

Since it was unable to copy the rc4.key file, the server was running without encryption.

I'll modify the instructions so it is more clear that you cannot move the folders.

BTW: I'm putting the finishing touches on ChunkVNC 3.0 and will be releasing it in the next day or so. I've focused on making it even easier to use/understand.
http://www.chunkvnc.com - ChunkVNC - Free PC Remote control with the Open Source UltraVNC wrapper InstantSupport!
scelveri

Post by scelveri »

Very good programm!Now i have a good working remote tool.
easy to install and the best for vista and win7
scelveri

Post by scelveri »

I have paid now,with paypal!

thanks Nick for your good work
supercoe

Post by supercoe »

scelveri wrote:I have paid now,with paypal!

thanks Nick for your good work
First donation, thanks a lot! Greatly appreciated!

Just a note to everyone that is wondering, ChunkVNC 3.0 will be out by the weekend!
http://www.chunkvnc.com - ChunkVNC - Free PC Remote control with the Open Source UltraVNC wrapper InstantSupport!
scelveri

Post by scelveri »

Oke Nick!

I have done remote support on 5 pc`s....it is working on vista,like a charm

version 3...whow,good work
supercoe

ChunkVNC 3.0 - Ready-To-Run - Two step single click support!

Post by supercoe »

ChunkVNC Ready-To-Run

Welcome noobs, to the easiest way to support friends and family over the internet!

ChunkVNC is a wrapper application that uses the latest UltraVNC with encryption.

The goal of this program is to make a simple interface for remote support without requiring any router/firewall setup.

Using ChunkVNC RTR is a simple 2 step process:

1) Send the InstantSupport.exe file to the computer you want to control and run it.

2) Start ChunkViewer.exe in the Viewer folder, enter the ID number from InstantSupport and click Connect!

This release utilizes a publicly available repeater so please don't use it for commercial use.

For commercial use consider running your own repeater with the full version of ChunkVNC:
[topic=15764][/topic]

ChunkVNC has been tested on: Windows XP, Server 2003 64bit, Vista and 7

There are 2 versions available, please choose the location nearest to you or try them both to see which is faster:

Germany:
http://www.walkernerds.com/chunkvnc/Chu ... ermany.zip
MD5: 5788dd2d5f41aabd6d310298466abc66

Swiss:
http://www.walkernerds.com/chunkvnc/Chu ... _Swiss.zip
MD5: 8bf98a38581bb49460c7475d3cb03e7b

Does ChunkVNC help you support your family, friends or customers?
Please consider thanking me by donating a case of beer @ http://www.walkernerds.com/chunkvnc/
Last edited by supercoe on 2010-01-07 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
redge

Re: ChunkVNC 3.0 - Ready-To-Run - Two step single click supp

Post by redge »

work great, good work :-)
i must find solution for my account paypal locked and i give you good donation. promise for the big effort for the open source community.

when we have schook.dll and vnchooks.dll and securevnc bug fixed.
i think would be much better
Last edited by redge on 2010-01-07 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
supercoe

Re: ChunkVNC 3.0 - Ready-To-Run - Two step single click supp

Post by supercoe »

Thanks Redge, I keep getting a great response from the community here and couldn't be happier!

ChunkVNC is a solution that I've created for my computer repair business and I use it every day. The drive I get from the people here continues to refine the software.

It was the helpful posts on this forum that allowed me to understand the potential of UltraVNC in the first place, the least I can do is help another!

Like I said before, I was really bummed out to see all of the hard work put into UltraVNC only to see others charge for small modifications.

ChunkVNC will always remain free and open source.

Hopefully this will give others incentive to open source their software so we can continue to create the best project as a community!
ich

Post by ich »

dcguy wrote:I have read through the info for ChunkVNC, I am looking to provide remote assistance from any internet connection. SC works great if i am at home and can have a port forwarded.

However, if I am traveling, at an airport, starbucks, ect I don't have access to forward a port. Will this take care of that problem?
SC doesn't require port forwarding where you are - just at wherever the Repeater is. If you leave the Repeater on a system that is always on where you can do the port routing it will work fine.
MeOutOfTown <--> RepeaterAtMyHouse <--> SupportedPerson

It works like this on every flavor I've implemented:
Manual setup every time using standard UVNC
SingleClick
PcHelpWare
ChunkVNC <-- Just set this up last night, REALLY liking it so far
ich

Post by ich »

Hmmmmm.
I think ChunkVNC needs it's own sub-forum rather than a single thread. That last post was, I though, to the most recent post. must have been on an old one.

Anyway, just set up ChunkVNC last night and I'm liking it so far. A couple of notes:
  • AntiVirus does NOT like making it run as server and also dislikes removing the service (only tested against Kaspersky so far) and requires rules to ignore what it's doing.

The included MSRC4Plugin_NoReg.dsm plugin did not work with my full UVNC 1.0.8.2 Viewer, but after reading up on the DSM plugin and finding that the NoReg version was removed because there's no more need for the registered version (I assume that means that the plugin without NoReg in the name is now not registered ??) I tried it with the standard MSRC4Plugin.dsm and it seems to be working just fine.
Thanks for setting this thing up, I think I'm really going to like it.

...Once again, who do we have to talk to about getting a ChunkVNC sub-forum so everything isn't in a single thread? I'm sure there's lots of info in this thread that's just jumbled together.
ich

Post by ich »

A couple more notes:

Is there a way to setup the Helper as a service?

There's no icon in the tool-tray when it's running as a service - would be nice.

The service fails after some number of retries. I left it for over an hour and couldn't connect to the host system until I restarted the service on the host. It would be awesome to get this resolved and be able to "Pin" a system for anytime access just by knowing what ID the service is utilizing and/or saving a hook.
supercoe

Post by supercoe »

ich,

Glad you like the project!

Interesting issue with the DSM plugin... I'll look into what you've found.

Some antivirus programs don't like the current version, 3.0 will be out this weekend and fixes issues with being detected as a virus.

Love the idea of a subforum, it would be a big help!
ich

Post by ich »

Ok, really liking this so far.

Biggest concern is: How long do I actually have to reconnect to the host before I won't be able to?

I'm seeing the noted issue of schook.dll being left behind.

The desktop icon for "ChunkVNC Uninstall" isn't being removed after it's executed.

Looking forward to v3! I think I see another case of beer in your future...
supercoe

Post by supercoe »

Is there a way to setup the Helper as a service?
Running the repeater as a service on Windows is not recommended at this time.

There's no icon in the tool-tray when it's running as a service - would be nice.
1) Open \SRC\ChunkVNC_Files\ultravnc.ini
2) Change DisableTrayIcon=0

The service fails after some number of retries. I left it for over an hour and couldn't connect to the host system until I restarted the service on the host. It would be awesome to get this resolved and be able to "Pin" a system for anytime access just by knowing what ID the service is utilizing and/or saving a hook.
[Currently it is recommended to only install service to bypass UAC in Vista/7.
When the repeater times out the server connection the server should just autoreconnect to the repeater.
Give me some more info on the internet connection/ operating system used.

Biggest concern is: How long do I actually have to reconnect to the host before I won't be able to?
Should be infinite, see ubove

I'm seeing the noted issue of schook.dll being left behind.
Working on getting this bug tracked down, doesn't happen often.

The desktop icon for "ChunkVNC Uninstall" isn't being removed after it's executed.
Interesting, always works fine for me. More info required OS, etc...

Looking forward to v3! I think I see another case of beer in your future...
Awesome! :D
pmoon

Compile error

Post by pmoon »

I'm trying to get this to compile, but I'm getting an Aut2Exe error during compile. The error message is: "Error: Error opening the destination file." I am trying to compile this on a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine. What can I do?
pmoon

Post by pmoon »

I've got it compiling now, and it mostly works. I am testing it on a Win 7 to Win 7 connection. I have two problems:

1. UAC causes the viewer to disconnect.
2. When I reconned after a UAC induced disconnect, the viewer no longer controls mouse/keyboard input.

This looks very promising if I can find a way around these issues.
redge

Post by redge »

"Error: Error opening the destination file." I am trying to compile this on a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine. What can I do?
you need customize on a folder with full write access permission.
better to run with run as administrator

1. chunkvnc is 32bit version, correct ?

2. create like this example folder C:\test\chunkvnc

3. don't push chunkvnc to folder like \program files\chunkvnc, there not enough right for write.

yes, is why i asked feature winvnc
-sc_uac
this would waiting UAC input and pause/pending/winvnc | so vncviewer know must reconnect without any special settings at vncviewer !

sc_exit
should close winvnc on request.
Last edited by redge on 2010-01-09 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
supercoe

Post by supercoe »

Thanks Redge,

ChunkVNC currently requires admin privledges to compile, I'll change it so in the future it will prompt for privledges.
redge

Post by redge »

i can confirm if had used UAC before, viewer reconnect to existing session, is view only to the application using UAC,
remote process use UAC until user at instantsupport side would close the application locked by UAC
this allow viewer to regain access read/write, aka full control
Last edited by redge on 2010-01-09 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
scelveri

Post by scelveri »

now i have worked on ten vista-pc`s.....they all work like xp with vncsc...

This is now nice remotepc-repair!

:D
babaganoosh

ChunkVNC - Free Windows and Mac Instant Support Tool!

Post by babaganoosh »

Super - this looks good, if I can get it to work. Great documentation! I have the repeater and viewer on machine A. I compiled an instantsupport.exe per your directions. (I love you even show how to test port forwarding! : )

I used Logmein to put instantsupport on a machine a few towns away (not on my lan). I have dyndns set up. (acutally, I use logmein free to take control of the remote PC, then start my old single click app to do the file transfer... I'll likely have the answer once I get it working, but does chunk do file transfer?.

by the way, at this point, with instantsupport on the remote machine, I close the single click tray icon and do not see any vnc app in the local machine task manager.

Then I start the repeater on this local machine.

Then I run instantsupport on the remote machine, and on the repeater log at my place, I DO see the repeater log show the same 6 digit number as I see via logmein which is still running:

Server added to list 644556
recv 39

I start your viewer (the blue bar says connection 1.0.8.2) and for vnc server, I enter ID:644556
The manual settings are the same as in your instructions, the proxy repeater is checked and says myname.dyndns.org:5901

Then I click connect, get a 'VNC Viewer Statis for ID (it doesn't show the number!?). the VNC server just says ID on the first line (again, no number?!), port is 5901, status is failed to connect to server ! and the VNC Viewer box has that same message. I try it with just the 6 digit number, then I see vnc server: 644556 on the status box, but still failed to connect to server.

Any advice?

And then down the road, questions I'd like to ask: -

is there a way to just have them run the instantsupport and not have to tell me the 6 digit number / me have to enter it (yeah, I could read it in the log rather than they tell me... I'd like to not have to log it?

I'll likely have more later.

THANKS!
babaganoosh

Post by babaganoosh »

2 more things: the repeater log shows this for a new connection and then after the viewer fails to connect:

Server added to list 580506
recv 39
recv 0
connection closed by peer
Server Removed from list 580506
Server added to list 580506
recv 39

*how did you settle on the name chunk?

* can I streamline things - can I skip the repeater if I will always be in the office? (although I realize that limits me, right?). might as well have the repeater run anyway?
babaganoosh

Post by babaganoosh »

OK, I did some more things.

I wanted to connect to another machine on the LAN. So I redid all the steps to make a instantsupport local version (using single click, I found that on the same lan, you can't use xxxx.dyndns.org, but rather 192.168.1.5, the static IP for the repeater). So I did the steps over again, set the ini file to go to 192.168.1.5 and set the viewer to use repeater 192.168.1.5:5901

that worked.

then I tried from that external location with the viewer set to repeater 192.168.1.5 and that worked!

*Is that what you'd expect? (when on the lan wiht the repeater, you have to use the LAN ip, not FQDN of the repeater?

*so when the server is installed as a service, you get that icon on the desktop to uninstall / remove service - nice! So then that same 6 digit number will get you back into that remote machine later without the user re-running chunk / giving you the number? Or does adding it as a service create a new 6 digit number? How do you find out that new 6 digit number? How do you keep track of all those 6 digit numbers?
*Is there a way to use words rather than numbers? and can I choose the word - that would help keep track of things? Or sequential numbers?

*I see you get file transfer. thanks!

*There's a bunch of machines that have single click on them and I have the viewer for that all set up... I guess I can have that running AND your repeater at the same time, but just have to change ports for the repeater / port forwarding for your app? How did you settle on 5500 & 5901? What would you recommend? I get that there's another VNC daemon running. would another port solve that?

*Is there an FAQ that I should be reading to not have to bother you with most / all of these?!

thanks!
scelveri

Post by scelveri »

It is so easy to do....close ultravnc,it is using the port!

than start chunkvnc

give permissions to the firewall and to your router

version 2 is so good working

http://portforward.com/

read that first :D
babaganoosh

Post by babaganoosh »

I have that worked out. It's all the other questions so I can move to chunck completely!
dcguy

Post by dcguy »

Alright, so I got Chuck to work with a Linux (ubuntu) repeater on a VPS.

In terms of finaly configuration is there a way I can rename the title of the Single Click to something other than 'Instant Support'?
supercoe

Post by supercoe »

#####################
Release 3.0 1.10.10
#####################

Changes in this version:
  • * Added ChunkViewer to automate vncviewer.exe, enter an ID and click connect!

* Added all of AutoIt's includes for maximum AutoIt code compatability.

* Added Installation Guide.pdf

* Updated AutoIt compiler to version 3.2.12.1

* Updated ultravnc.ini: AllowLoopBack=1 so the repeater PC can use InstantSupport.

* Updated the compiler to automate the creation of the encryption key.

* Updated the MSRC4 plugin.

* Updated InstantSupport to let you choose an ID for permanent installations.

* Removed RepeaterHelper as it wasn't needed.

* Should be less false positives of InstantSupport.exe getting detected as a virus.

* Executable is now compiled as Unicode instead of ANSI.

* New passwords to generate a stronger MSRC4 checksum?: uVNC@2go, uVNC@2view

* Temporary directory is removed after program termination.

* Reduced InstantSupport file size.

Known Issues:
  • * schook.dll is sometimes left behind after uninstall.

*Install Service only works on a domain if you are logged in as a domain administrator.

Items of note:
  • * Big thanks to scelveri, first donation!
Please donate a case of beer to me if you love this project! http://www.walkernerds.com/chunkvnc :D
twagner

Post by twagner »

hey supercoe,

thanks for the changes and the great stuff.
ChunkVNC is a dream for every supporter. 8)

It works great on XP Prof. SP3 (german), Server2K3 (german) still now.
Other OS will be tested.

twagner
Die Welt geht Remote . . . . / the World goes remote . . . .
www.vnc-world.com
Writer of the first book about UltraVNC!!!
babaganoosh

Post by babaganoosh »

So I think someone else asked - this is the only thread for Chunk? I have a bunch of questions above and hate for them to get lost : (

Thanks!
nebulink

Post by nebulink »

OK, been playing around a bit with this product but I am having problems getting the repeater setup to use 443 proxy.

I have customers that have firewalls and they block everything except 443 and 80.

How do I setup the repeater and viewer?