Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCBuilder 2009 (based on 1.0.5.3) Vista Compatible

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
EnCryptor

Re: SC v1.0.5.2 with autostart & autoreconnect. Works on

Post by EnCryptor »

NiTr0 wrote:The awnser is in my reply to monchhichi.. The old SC is hard coded with this function, I use the newest standard vncviewer.exe and this version doesn't have the "confirmation dialog box" coded into it.. I only coded a "launcher" to run/execute the vncviewer.exe with -parameters.. I hope this is what you guys mean..
But I am using the same viewer (1.0.5.2) for connections from SC and from standard VNC server.
When I am receiving a connection request from the UVNC SC, a confirmation dialog is displayed ("Accept Incoming SC connection").
However, when connection request comes from the standard VNC server ("Add new client" menu), there is no confirmation dialog and connection is accepted automatically.
How can I set vncviewer to alwais display the confirmation dialog?
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

EnCryptor wrote:
NiTr0 wrote:The awnser is in my reply to monchhichi.. The old SC is hard coded with this function, I use the newest standard vncviewer.exe and this version doesn't have the "confirmation dialog box" coded into it.. I only coded a "launcher" to run/execute the vncviewer.exe with -parameters.. I hope this is what you guys mean..
But I am using the same viewer (1.0.5.2) for connections from SC and from standard VNC server.
When I am receiving a connection request from the UVNC SC, a confirmation dialog is displayed ("Accept Incoming SC connection").
However, when connection request comes from the standard VNC server ("Add new client" menu), there is no confirmation dialog and connection is accepted automatically.
How can I set vncviewer to alwais display the confirmation dialog?
Yes I understand what you mean, but this is something you should ask the UltraVNC Developers to implement such a feature.

Refer to this list:
http://www.uvnc.com/install/cmdline.html
This is all I can implement... And there is no -parameter to enable a "confermation dialog".. So unfortunatly this is not in my power to add this function.. I would like to see a dialog box too, this would be nice yes..
mudputty

Post by mudputty »

Things are looking great!
NiTr0 wrote:@mudputty, can you please show me an example of the parameters ? Please show me both cases, on and off...
Well i'm not too sure what all the config files for this are. Let me share what the resulting config files look like and perhaps that will help.

ultravnc.ini
MSLogonRequired=1
NewMSLogon=1

We have specific domain groups and users that can access certain PCs, but i'm not sure where that information has been stored. I'm still looking it up.

I started a thread to help me better understand what is happening when configured with Domain Authentication: [post=54718][/post]
Last edited by mudputty on 2008-11-26 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Solid-State

Post by Solid-State »

NiTr0 wrote:Thanks for pointing things out !

I updated the upx.exe to v3.03 and repacked the archive and re-uploaded it to megaupload.com.

Somehow compile-server & compile-viewer had the *.cmd extension,
now I changed this back to *.bat and it should be fine now.

Anyways, I succesfully compiled the files "as is" on a few different machines with Windows XP Pro SP3 Dutch and English editions,
and also on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1 Dutch edition. All machines are up to date.

The only reason I can think of why one can't compile the files, is if the structure of the folders and files are changed. Please leave the files in place.
Or perhaps a antivirus software preventing the use of upx.exe, in this case try to disable your antivirus and see if it helps.

Also run windows update, and make sure you are logged in with admin rights before compiling the scripts.

I hope this helps.
Hi NiTro thanks for the work. You mention you uploaded the latest build megadownload but I can't find a URL to download it...

Where can I get the latest files?

Solid-State
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

@mudputty
Correct me if im wrong but those options are for when you connect TO the server.. So if u want to use mslogon you should use the standard version of vnc..
The idea behind SC is that the server makes a "reverse" connection TO the viewer.. So there is no need to login with mslogon or anything like that..
My tool executes the server to run at service level, so u can log-off and see the windows login screen with the viewer. So u can login even with another user..

@Solid-State
No I haven't released my latest build yet, im still adding stuff to the GUI right now and fine tuning the code.. There is a download link at my start post #1 but these files are obsolete... My advise is to wait a few more days for my release of the new SCBuilder..
Last edited by NiTr0 on 2008-11-27 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
kayman

Post by kayman »

On ya NiTr0 ... cant wait for the few days till its released really looking forward to it, you should setup a donation account on paypal or something similar for all your hard work.

p.s any one able to answer my post #58 [post=54678][/post]

just wondering about the connect without forwarding from anywhere.
mudputty

Post by mudputty »

@mudputty
Correct me if im wrong but those options are for when you connect TO the server.. So if u want to use mslogon you should use the standard version of vnc..
The idea behind SC is that the server makes a "reverse" connection TO the viewer.. So there is no need to login with mslogon or anything like that..
My tool executes the server to run at service level, so u can log-off and see the windows login screen with the viewer. So u can login even with another user..
Yes, true I guess that does start to detract from the main point of the solution you're developing.
Last edited by mudputty on 2008-12-01 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
StarKing

Post by StarKing »

Sorry, was there an answer to question two? Most of our user are non admins.
lupick wrote:Dear All

I've some issue:

1. Is it possible to have different profile on the server like the original SC? E.g. one profile for a technician a second one for another one. I can always create 2 different server pointing to 2 different viewer but a single server is a cleaner solution.

2. the server ask for admin right for non admin user. can we disable it?? Most of the client are used by non admin user.

Thank you it seeems relly promising tool.

Thank you

L.
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

@StarKing: Im not sure about this, but I think vnc needs admin rights to be able to function properly.. But if im wrong I can add a checkbox to enable/disable the admin rights on server execute.

@ All: I will give an update with screenshots tonight, im still testing alot and adding stuff.. It's becoming a verry neat tool already.
lupick

Post by lupick »

[quote="NiTr0"]@StarKing: Im not sure about this, but I think vnc needs admin rights to be able to function properly.. But if im wrong I can add a checkbox to enable/disable the admin rights on server execute.

I can confirm that original SC version based on old VNC works great on NOT administrative account.

Most of the users are working as standard user.

Thank you

L.
StarKing

Post by StarKing »

I can confirm this, original sc works fine as standard user.
lupick wrote:
NiTr0 wrote:@StarKing: Im not sure about this, but I think vnc needs admin rights to be able to function properly.. But if im wrong I can add a checkbox to enable/disable the admin rights on server execute.

I can confirm that original SC version based on old VNC works great on NOT administrative account.

Most of the users are working as standard user.

Thank you

L.
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

Ok then I will add a option to disable this *require admin* feature, thanks for pointing this out!

Edit: Consider it done :)
Last edited by NiTr0 on 2008-12-02 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
lupick

Post by lupick »

NiTr0 wrote:Ok then I will add a option to disable this *require admin* feature, thanks for pointing this out!

Edit: Consider it done :)
Great, any chance to have a profile support like the original SC?

E.g. one profile for a technician a second one for another one.

Thank you..

L.
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

Hola,

I updated the start post of this topic and posted a new screenshot with more info. It's becoming verry close for release now, atm im fighting with the code to disable aero and remove wallpaper.. but shouldn't be a big problem..
So far I wrote 473 lines of code already.. never thought it would become such a big project, but I enjoy it alot!

Further more I encountered some major bugs in the winvnc.exe when it runs at service level, I need to report this also.

@ lupick: Added profile support to the To Do list.
mudputty

Post by mudputty »

Your doing great!
lupick

Post by lupick »

NiTr0 wrote:Hola,

@ lupick: Added profile support to the To Do list.
Thank you it seems to be really promising....

L.
mjamike

Post by mjamike »

I just wanted to say hello and thanks a bunch for working on this app. It is exactly what I have been looking for :)
- Mike
RafikBerzi

SC v1.0.5.2 with autostart & autoreconnect. Works on Vis

Post by RafikBerzi »

How about multiple connection (helpdesk.txt)?

Rafik Berzi
http://www.hotello.ca
Logiciel de gestion pour Hôtel, motel et centre d'hébergement
Hotel, motel management software
NiTr0 wrote:updated 02/12/2008

Coming soon: SCBuilder 2009 v1.0 by NiTr0 (based on UltraVNC v1.0.5.2)

This tool will build the server/viewer for you!

Screenshot of progress:

Server Tab:
- LAN/WAN buttons will automaticly get and insert your lan or wan ip adress.
- Disable Vista's Aero (temporary turn off aero)
- Remove Wallpaper (temporary turn off the background wallpaper)
- Repeater ID
- Balloon tip (shows a small message when the server executes)
- Build (compiles the server)

Viewer Tab:
- Use UPNP (still in progress, but this will automaticly forward the viewer port in your router)
- Build (compiles the viewer)
- Unfortunatly the viewer doesn't accept the -parameter options like encoding and colors etc. Maybe in the future when this is possible I will add those options as well

Misc Tab (most options apply to server):
- Use MSRC4 Plugin (this enables the dsm plugin for encrypted connection between server and viewer, this applies to both server and viewer)
- Generate a new key (this will generate a new 128-bit key)
- Run @ User Level (this will run the server at user level, and does not require admin rights. But this will not work on Vista if UAC is enabled)
- Run @ Service Level (this will run the server as a service, but in this case admin rights are needed. This option runs great on Vista with UAC enabled)
- Confirm Dialog-Box (if enabled this will show a warning message when the server is executed, so the customer can deside to reject the connection)
- Web Downloader (this will build a 300KB small executable which will download a file from a website and silently execute the downloaded file. But I still need to secure this executable abit, so it won't be abused...)

Extra info:
- Both server and viewer will clean themself on exit, so there are no left overs in the Temp folder
- The server will automaticly reconnect to the viewer when connection is lost, or the viewer was closed.
- The server will startup and reconnect to the viewer after reboot/login. (depends on run level)
- You can log off/on windows users if the server runs as a service. The windows logon screen will be visible.

Once the viewer is executed it will listen on the given port and you can access the viewer options just like normal via the tray-icon.

Once the server is executed it will run an icon in the system tray with the following options:
Exit = Stops the server, the server will automaticly startup on reboot and reconnect to the viewer.
Uninstall = Stops the server and removes all the server files from Temp folder.

To do:
- UPNP to automaticly forward the viewer port
- Profile support
- ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old stuff:

UltraVNC Single Click Launcher v1.0 by NiTr0 2008 (based on UltraVNC v1.0.5.2)

A *real* single click solution for UltraVNC with autostart, autoreconnect, encryption and Windows Vista Compatible!

The server will run an icon in the system tray with the following options:
Stop = Stops the server, the server will autostart after reboot/login.
Uninstall = Stops the server and removes all the server files from Temp folder.

Howto, Server:
1. Basicly all you have to do is edit the server-script.au3 file with notepad and change the ip adress to your own ip adress.
2. Run compile-server.bat to build the winvnc-sc.exe
3. Send it to your customers.

Howto, Viewer:
1. Run compile-viewer.bat to build the vncviewer-sc.exe
2. Make sure you have port 5500 forwarded in your router/firewall.
3. Run vncviewer-sc.exe to start listening for server connections.

Download: (these files are obsolete)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5W4WY3D

Thanks to the forum members Caramel & xcezzz for their code snipests!
Rafik Berzi
Logiciel de gestion hôtelière
Hotel management software
blaster681

Post by blaster681 »

How about multiple connection (helpdesk.txt)?

Rafik Berzi
Logiciel de gestion pour Hôtel, motel et centre d'hébergement
Hotel, motel management software
Salut!

Tu dois ajouter du code dans le fichier server-script.au3
va sur le site de Autoit, il y a tout ce qui te faut pour faire ce que tu veux!
Par exemple, tu fais une listbox avec tes différentes connexion:

Code: Select all

select
	case $getSelectedItem = $text01
		Run(@TempDir & "\vnc\winvnc.exe" & " -connect " & $selectedIP01 & ":" & $selectedPort01 & " -run", @TempDir & "\vnc\")
	case $getSelectedItem = $text02
		Run(@TempDir & "\vnc\winvnc.exe" & " -connect " & $selectedIP02 & ":" & $selectedPort02 & " -run", @TempDir & "\vnc\")
end select
@++
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

Ola

@ RafikBerzi Im working on this right now, check out what its gonna look like:

Left image: Here the customer can select which connection to use
Right image: Is the tool to create the server.

But it needs some adjustments as you can see :)
blaster681

Post by blaster681 »

@NiTr0

Have you a solution for Vista to Disabled UAC?

Thanks
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

blaster681 wrote:@NiTr0

Thanks
Yes, just create the server to run @ service level, but the user needs admin rights for this to work. This way the UAC prompt's will be visible and you can click the UAC window to give permission to do what ever it asks for.

I can disable UAC as well, but this needs a system restart.. And another system restart to enable UAC again when done.

I prefer option 1 though..
blaster681

Post by blaster681 »

Execute this file to disabling UAC without reboot...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3TZZM7Q

=> ShellExecute("vista_sc.exe") at Starting Programm

Bye :smile:
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

blaster681 wrote:Execute this file to disabling UAC without reboot...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3TZZM7Q

=> ShellExecute("vista_sc.exe") at Starting Programm

Bye :smile:
Intresting! I don't have a Vista box with me atm and will test this little program asap!

Thanks alot !
datarunner

Post by datarunner »

NiTr0 wrote:
blaster681 wrote:@NiTr0

Thanks
Yes, just create the server to run @ service level, but the user needs admin rights for this to work. This way the UAC prompt's will be visible and you can click the UAC window to give permission to do what ever it asks for.

I can disable UAC as well, but this needs a system restart.. And another system restart to enable UAC again when done.

I prefer option 1 though..
hi nitro

a quick question. how do you create the server to run at service level?

regards
Last edited by datarunner on 2008-12-10 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Leadfingers

Post by Leadfingers »

I'm confused...where can we download the current version for this?

The version linked in the first post doesn't look right, and I want to make sure it's the right one.

Major kudo's for putting all of this together :)
measley

Post by measley »

Looking good, couple of questions

1. Will the multiple connection allow you to specify an ID? We use multiple connections to one VNC repeater with different ID's.

2. Will this work with the VNC that goes through proxy. (SCIII ?). (Does anybody know if this works OK with the vista version ?)

Cheers

Matt
Last edited by measley on 2008-12-16 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Radeon

Post by Radeon »

I would love to have a go with this, any download links available?
pilotsnipes

Post by pilotsnipes »

Or a hint at a possible timeframe for release? Pre/post Christmas?
lupick

Post by lupick »

pilotsnipes wrote:Or a hint at a possible timeframe for release? Pre/post Christmas?

I am interested too!!

thanks

L.