Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

OneClick:Win8/7/Vista VNC Helpdesk Remote Support System

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
pgmoney

Re: OneClick with Safe Mode Reboot Auto-Reconnect & Serv

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:Have just been playing with WebStart. First, it accepts only short URLs (max. 55 characters, it seems) - can you please allow unlimited length URLs, or at least, say, 256 chars?
I'll increase the length in the next version.
spm wrote:Second, does WebStart allow downloads of the client app from a password-protected directory? Given the short URL limit, I have not been able to test with our real URL.
No but that's a good feature to add. I'll try to get it in the next release of OneClick.
jp0469

Post by jp0469 »

Great program! I am having one minor issue though. When I disconnect from the host computer, the wallpaper is not restored. Is there a setting I need to check. I also don't mind if the wallpaper is not removed at all. I run the viewer at a low color depth anyway and it makes little difference to me.

JP
twist3r

Post by twist3r »

my current requests include:

keep remote wallpaper from disappearing
keep remote cursor and windows from 'blinking' as my test user calls it
remove or disable tray icon

other than that, I'm almost ready to buy a license!

keep up the great work!

-twist3r
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

jp0469 wrote:Great program! I am having one minor issue though. When I disconnect from the host computer, the wallpaper is not restored.
Does it happen when it's running in application mode or service mode (or both)?
jp0469

Post by jp0469 »

pgmoney wrote:Does it happen when it's running in application mode or service mode (or both)?
I've only run the program in service mode and it happened on both PC's that I tested it on. One was running XP and the other was 2000.
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

twist3r wrote:keep remote wallpaper from disappearing
keep remote cursor and windows from 'blinking' as my test user calls it
remove or disable tray icon
We downloaded the SC source today and will be looking into adding options/features once we have documented the code.
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:
jp0469 wrote:Great program! I am having one minor issue though. When I disconnect from the host computer, the wallpaper is not restored.
Does it happen when it's running in application mode or service mode (or both)?
I am having this same issue. It happens on all PCs I've tried with, running in Service mode.
twist3r

Post by twist3r »

the only way I've been able to prevent this is by changing the viewer to 'full color mode' although for some reason, the viewer doesn't seem to save my defaults... so I usually end up destroying wallpaper anyways
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

Progress report:

We've found that removing the wallpaper via the installer (oneclick.exe) before executing winvnc.exe and restoring it after winvnc.exe exits seems to fix the problem and retain compatibility with the existing SC releases.

It should be ready to beta test in a few weeks.
vlxx

Post by vlxx »

Hi, great product. Thanks Ultravnc and Advantig teams.

I have some requests here:

1. Can the noncommercial warning window close itself in someway when start the OneClick.exe? Says countdown 10 seconds then close itself. Or popup the warning window after connected as another choice.In this way I will can copy the OneClick.exe to the Startup folder of another WINDOWS and switch to it on a multi-boot computer, and don't worry about if there is someone on that side to click that button.

2. Sometimes the remote computer can only boot into safe mode since affected by virus, in this case the OneClick.exe must start in safe mode. It dosen't work this way(with service mode) current.

3. Install to a fix folder instead of a random temp folder in WINDOWS 9x, this will avoid the firewall popup warning of the winvnc.exe from different locations in each session.

4. Clipboard copy function support multibyte language.

5. Chat board support customize font type and size, in some cases the character is too small to read.

6. When the job has done, give an option to close the remote computer after uninstall itself, the "job has done" message can leave in desktop as a txt file or show up in next boot.

7. Improve the connection reliability. Sometimes the connection had lost actually for some reason but the winvnc.exe didn't become aware of that itself, stuck in there, still present in system tray with a green icon, I have encountered this many times. To solve this problem, one option is monitor the traffic activity of the winvnc.exe and restart it when judge the connection has lost. The second option is restart the winvnc.exe periodically no matter what the connection state, the period can be customized when create. But this method have disadvantage, for example you are transfering files. By the way, is SC supporting resume broken file transfer? The third, just improve the winvnc.exe directly.

Of course, maybe some problem must solve by the SC team, could you some one please pass those to them? Sorry for my english, it have took me about 1 hour to type these now. :-]

Thank you all again!
twist3r

Post by twist3r »

would using the mirage driver http://mirage-driver.sourceforge.net./ keep the wallpaper from disapearing and keep the screen from blinking on the remote host when connected?

also, my other request is still to remove the tray icon.

cheers! - and merry holidays
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

twist3r wrote:would using the mirage driver http://mirage-driver.sourceforge.net./ keep the wallpaper from disapearing and keep the screen from blinking on the remote host when connected?

also, my other request is still to remove the tray icon.

cheers! - and merry holidays
Thanks for the pointer to the mirror driver. I'll check it out. Our current policy is to not change the winvnc.exe code but that may be changing soon due to changes needed to make it work in Vista.
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

OneClick version 1.8.4.7 with multi-technician support is now available.

This version gives you the option to prompt the customer for the workstation (port) number allowing you to support all of your technician workstations from a single customer download module. As in 18.4.6 it auto-reconnects on dropped connections when running as an application if you use the Winvnc.exe supplied with OneClick and reconnects (calls back) on reboot in XP and Vista even if running as an application (if not running as a service it waits until after login) so you will need to use the Stop Remote Support icon (or use the system tray icon on non-XP/Vista machines) to end the session.

It's available at:

http://www.advantig.com/oneclick
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

hi, i purchased a corporate key for advantig about a month ago and i havent actually received the key yet. i have tried emailing sales at advantig and dual desk but i dont get any response....please help?

cheers
kev
Home and Business IT support with No-fix, No fee and free telephone support in Bershire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire....

http://www.247ComputerDoctor.com
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

kevineaton77 wrote:hi, i purchased a corporate key for advantig about a month ago and i havent actually received the key yet. i have tried emailing sales at advantig and dual desk but i dont get any response....please help?
As stated in the previous emails we must have the installation code before we can create a registration key.

The installation code is given to you when you create a customer module. It is in the top of the popup box.

Installation codes and registration keys are unique to each machine so creating a generic registration key that will work with all computers regardless of the installation code is not possible.

Since email does not seem to be getting to you give us a call and we will give you the code over the phone. Be sure to have the invoice number ready when you call. The invoice number was already in the emails we received from you but we need to confirm we are giving the right person a key.

US - (336) 767-4029
Canada - (647) 477-6373
UK - (0) 203 00 28213

...Phil
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

hi phil. i didnt actually receive any emails with those instructions on, so thats why im still asking...also, i emailed both dual desk and advantig help and they havent responded to me either, hence the post on this site.....

cheers
kev
Home and Business IT support with No-fix, No fee and free telephone support in Bershire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire....

kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

ok phil, got your email (finaly!) now, and all working just fine.

thanks for a great product and keep up the good work. this makes my business so much easier. (although the number of people who are unable even to browse to a website without a 15 minute phone call to get the file in the first place is UNBELIEVABLE!! still, users never cease to amaze....we call them Computer Users Not Thinking...anyways, i digress....)

one thing which would be good would be the ability to have the logo.bmp corporate splash screen stay visible for a definable number of seconds .... most customers are amazed by this software, and a bit of spam awareness is always a good thing....possible?

cheers
kev
Last edited by kevineaton77 on 2007-03-04 10:53, edited 2 times in total.

pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

kevineaton77 wrote:one thing which would be good would be the ability to have the logo.bmp corporate splash screen stay visible for a definable number of seconds .... most customers are amazed by this software, and a bit of spam awareness is always a good thing....possible?
That should be fairly simple to do. I'll have to look at it to to find the best method to keep compatibility with older versions of the SC winvnc.exe.
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

twist3r wrote:would using the mirage driver http://mirage-driver.sourceforge.net./ keep the wallpaper from disapearing and keep the screen from blinking on the remote host when connected?
No, the Mirage driver is not compatible with the current version of SC.
Last edited by Advantig on 2007-03-04 19:44, edited 3 times in total.
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

Oneclick version 1.8.4.8 with Multi-Technician support is now available.

This version gives you the option to prompt the customer for the workstation (port) number allowing you to support all of your technician workstations from a single customer download module. It also auto-reconnects on dropped connections if you use the Winvnc.exe supplied with OneClick and reconnects (calls back) on reboot in XP and Vista even if running as an application (if not running as a service it waits until after login) so you will need to use the Stop Remote Support icon to end the session. We plan to improved 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003 reboot support in future versions.

If you don't use the winvnce.exe supplied with OneClick you won't have auto-reconnect when running in application mode but you will still get the call-back feature.

We are just now starting to work on the UVNC SC source code so will need feedback on everything good or bad or no difference. We especially need to know any problems and performance issues in Vista..

It's available at:

http://www.advantig.com/oneclick
Last edited by Advantig on 2007-03-04 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
kevineaton77

Re: OneClick - SC Creator w/Safe Mode Reboot & Auto-Reco

Post by kevineaton77 »

ok, thanks phil.

pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

I've been getting a lot of requests for a OneCLick to create PChelpware packages. I've downloaded PCH and the source and we're in the process of evaluating and testing but at first glance, the capture engine isn't separate like I expected. Everything is hard coded into the viewer/server so it looks like the only thing that can be modified is the launcher. We can't add or improve the file transfer/chat/tools or other features. It would only be a short term fix not a long term project so we probably won't be supporting it for now.
fredfred

Re: OneClick - SC Creator w/Safe Mode Reboot & Auto-

Post by fredfred »

suggestion

1. call custom external link such as call msn, skype, yahoo messenger on each support option.

2. check which support tech. is online

thanks
________
Ipad guide
Last edited by fredfred on 2011-02-18 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Advantig

Post by Advantig »

fredfred wrote:suggestion
1. call custom external link such as call msn, skype, yahoo messenger on each support option.

2. check which support tech. is online
The links (tools) is already a feature in version 2.0 but it's been on hold while we were working out some Vista issues. We've managed to get OneClick to run a modified version of SC as a system service in Vista but still need to modify our mirror driver (from a different product) to work with SC and modify SC to work with the driver before SC can capture the Aero graphics. The mirror driver is not required to run SC as a Vista service or display standard graphics modes but if it can't capture the Aero graphics modes it's of limited use.

I'll add the online/availability notification function to the todo list.

JC
Last edited by Advantig on 2007-03-15 19:24, edited 5 times in total.
ryeookin

Post by ryeookin »

I've been working on this all day thus far and haven't been able to get this to work as needed.. Hopefully someone can help me.

I'm an admin and need a configured server exe that I can copy over to a remote pc (by remote I mean to pcs within our lan) and then utilizing telnet to connect from my pc to the remote pc to run the server exe that I copied over to the remote pc. Then with the server running, connect to it via some form of VNC (ultra, pc helpware, one click... etc)

I need it configured so when someone runs the exe (or run from a command line) it doesn't ask for any additional questions or pop-up boxes. It just runs.

I've tried PcHelpWare but I don't see an option or any command line documentation as to how I can avoid a user having to click on a box to connect. Not much luck.. [topic=9591][/topic]

I stumbled onto "Advantig OneClick v1.8.4.9 Build 9 March 2007" and had higher hopes. I downloaded/installed/configured it however after the server gets built (OneClick.exe), when run prompts for a license
:(

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
Last edited by ryeookin on 2007-03-16 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

ryeookin wrote:I need it configured so when someone runs the exe (or run from a command line) it doesn't ask for any additional questions or pop-up boxes. It just runs.

I stumbled onto "Advantig OneClick v1.8.4.9 Build 9 March 2007" and had higher hopes. I downloaded/installed/configured it however after the server gets built (OneClick.exe), when run prompts for a license
:(

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
Put [DIRECT] in the helpdesk.txt file of the standard UVNC SC. You don't need OneClick to create a silent module.

You only need OneClick if you need SC to run as a service or in safe mode and auto-reconnect if the connection is lost or the machine is rebooted or need to ask the customer for the ID code, port number or want to use web based configuration.

OneClick only displays the disclaimer only if it's not registered. Registered customer modules are silent.
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

hi guys...hope all is well.

just had a customer with vista, cant see their screen. it loads ok and connects to my technicin PC ok, but the remote screen is blank. is this to do with the UAC crap on vista? (although customer didnt report that it was asking her to let the program run)

does SC work with vista?

what info can i give you to help the bug report?

i only have info at the mo that it is a spam new HP with vista home...can get more info if needed.

cheers
kev

kaldag
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by kaldag »

Are you using the ONE CLICK viewer or VNC viewer? The ONE CLICK viewer has beeen designed specifically for ONE CLICK.

Ken
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

sorry my last post was a bit confusing....

i am using one click (viewer version 1.1.0.3) ...it works with all my other customers ....the only difference is vista....

version of one click creator is 1.8.4.8
Last edited by kevineaton77 on 2007-03-22 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

spm

Post by spm »

kevineaton77 wrote:hi guys...hope all is well.

just had a customer with vista, cant see their screen. it loads ok and connects to my technicin PC ok, but the remote screen is blank. is this to do with the UAC crap on vista? (although customer didnt report that it was asking her to let the program run)

does SC work with vista?

what info can i give you to help the bug report?

i only have info at the mo that it is a spam new HP with vista home...can get more info if needed.

cheers
kev
Well, unless you're living on a different planet (or just didn't bother to read anything in this forum :wink:), you'd know that UVNC's Single Click (on which Advantig's OneClick is based) is currently not compatible with Vista. Indeed, if you read Advantig's post just three above yours you will see the answer to your question. It looks like Phil will have a solution for Vista in due corse.