Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

TeamViewer

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
redge

TeamViewer

Post by redge »

TeamViewer

Desktop sharing has never been easier:
With TeamViewer you will be able to connect to the desktop of a partner anywhere on the Internet.

Your first remote session can begin in 2 minutes. Just download and run TeamViewer on two PCs and start to share ideas and help.
  • Remote Control
  • Presentation
  • Desktop Sharing
  • Web Collaboration
  • Web Conferencing
  • For unattended servers: TeamViewer Host
  • For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport
  • For mobile use: TeamViewer Portable
  • For sophisticated users: TeamViewer Manager
  • For your online presentation: QuickJoin (v6.x)
  • For domain administrators: TeamViewer MSI package
TeamViewer source code
TeamViewer is licensed under the GPL - so the complete source code is available to anybody interested. (based on UltraVNC)
DynGate is a separate program which is not licensed under the GPL.
The source is not available.

--> Drawback:
TeamViewer 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 are not compatible with TeamViewer 2.x and 1.x
(but all versions can be installed on the same machine).
The reason for that is that the TeamViewer 2.x protocol was based on VNC compatibility which caused several internal problems.
With the development of TeamViewer 3 we decided to make a complete cut and implement a new, high performance protocol which helps to improve TeamViewer performance and stability.
<--

Licenses, Updates and Backward Compatibility
TeamViewer 6 users can connect with TeamViewer 3, 4 and 5 without any limitations - the software is completely backward compatible.
However, for technical and licensing reasons, a connection in the other direction, i.e., from TeamViewer 3, 4 and 5 to TeamViewer 6, is not possible.
Last edited by redge on 2011-01-25 20:12, edited 10 times in total.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
karamelos

Re: TeamViewer - Free Desktop sharing

Post by karamelos »

DAMN!!!!!!! IS PRETY EASY!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by karamelos on 2007-01-14 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
thoste

TeamViewer = The better UltraVNC !!

Post by thoste »

Just a few days ago I found a tool "TeamViewer" available for free from

http://www.teamviewer.com

It is based on VNC and is supported by a lot of major companies.

It has all the features of UltraVNC and (for my very important)
it can handle NAT port forwarding WITHOUT the need to configure routers/NAT rules !!!

Speed is slightly better than UltraVNC.
For private users it is free and even without adware.

Does someone found/know some dis-advantages of this tool ?

[mod=3406,1177118253] moved to vnc-related products and merged into this post [/mod]
Last edited by thoste on 2007-04-21 01:17, edited 3 times in total.
sbostedor

Post by sbostedor »

It is an excellent replacement for something like GotomyPC. I think that this tool is awesome for remotely supporting family member's computers or laptops when they are out on the road.

It's isn't very good for local LAN to LAN remote control, though.

The reason for this is that it uses the public IP address to make the connections which makes all traffic go out of your Internet router and then back in again. This makes the connection very slow and blocky at times.

Another issue is the easy to guess ID's. They're pretty easy to guess based upon sequence and that leads to brute force hacking of your passwords. They should allow you to make your own ID name for each computer and restrict who is allowed to attempt connections.

One final drawback is that it opens up all of your computers to remote control over the Internet and for most security conscious companies, that's a big risk.

So, to recap, I highly recommend this tool for anyone that needs to remotely support a handful of computers but it's not the best tool if your managing a bunch of workstations and servers on a LAN.
Last edited by sbostedor on 2007-04-25 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
Super Simple UltraVNC Management
jasys

Re: TeamViewer = The better UltraVNC !!

Post by jasys »

thoste wrote:Just a few days ago I found a tool "TeamViewer" available for free from

http://www.teamviewer.com

It is based on VNC and is supported by a lot of major companies.

It has all the features of UltraVNC and (for my very important)
it can handle NAT port forwarding WITHOUT the need to configure routers/NAT rules !!!

Speed is slightly better than UltraVNC.
For private users it is free and even without adware.

YES, you can connect to a uvnc host but you have no Crtl Alt Del if you use IP to connect!!!!!!!!!!
Does someone found/know some dis-advantages of this tool ?
jasys

new teamviewer with uvnc

Post by jasys »

You can connect to any uvnc server, using teamviewer with IP. The problem is that if the computer is not login, and need to press Ctrl Alt Del, is NOT going to work.
They should put an icon for regular use with uvnc server.
(I know that the icon shows when you use the teamviewer server)
Please send any reply to john@jasys.com
Last edited by jasys on 2007-09-10 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Arnie_75

Post by Arnie_75 »

Wow, this is awsome!

If you have ever spend some hours setting up and testing 'SingleClick' you really enjoy this very simple but secure way of connecting two computers! The setup is a breeze because one doesn't need to setup anything. :)
The only little drawback is that you depend on the TeamViewer server which 'transmits' the computers IPs. On the other hand one does not even need to configure port-forwarding or DynDNS.
Last edited by Arnie_75 on 2007-10-23 11:58, edited 3 times in total.
redge

Post by redge »

sbostedor wrote:It's isn't very good for local LAN to LAN remote control, though.
Knowledgebase of TeamViewer
You can use TeamViewer on your local network over IP addresses or computer names. By default this feature is deactivated because software firewalls may open an acceptance dialog when TeamViewer listens is configured this way.

reference
http://support.teamviewer.com/index.php ... 0&nav=0,13
dpuckett

Post by dpuckett »

Is the source code for TeamViewer 3 available for download? Does the new version not have any VNC code anymore?
Arnie_75

Post by Arnie_75 »

dpuckett wrote:Does the new version not have any VNC code anymore?
According to the website it's completely new code.
dpuckett

Post by dpuckett »

Ah ok, thats too bad. At least the 2x code is still up which has some nice features. It just needs some sort of repeater wrapper implemented which was formally done by the dyngate piece which was closed source. I noticed the recent post about Yama which appears to do just that. Hopefully someone can merge the 2 technologies.
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Hey there, I couldn't find a official forum for TeamViewer (and that I'm NOT paying for a phone call :wink: ) so I thought I could ask the question here.

I recently installed TeamViewer on my laptop so I can connect to my PC at home, but when I installed, I accidentally chose: Company/Commercial Use, and now after a few days, I have to register. :(

I only wanted to use this for Personal/Non-commercial Use, but I tried to uninstall TV with all the settings and everything and then install it with just Personal use, but it still says I need to buy it to keep using it. =/

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sorry of this was bumping the thread or something. :/

/Izzy
Arnie_75

Post by Arnie_75 »

You already got the answer: Contact Teamviewer-Support. I once sent an email and they answered within 1 day.

It was a very fast answer and they have a very simple and fast product. If I had a big company I would definately choose to buy this product. :)

PS: No, I'm not linked to that company in any way. ;)
riceby

Team Viewer 3

Post by riceby »

I have a question about VNC Team Viewer 3:

A frien of mine who was acting as my helper and me installed this program today. I needed some remote assistance help.

We were able to connect fairly easily. However, he could harly move around my desktop since he could not find a way to make the desktop larger in size. Can you help, please.?
:| :o :(

Thanks.

Joe
[mod=494,1215671072]removed vnc from the title and merged to existing topic[/mod]
Last edited by riceby on 2008-07-10 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
redge

Post by redge »

sorry, teamviewer 3 is not vnc, and there no support for commercial product here. if you need support. you need to buy the software.
franc

Post by franc »

TeamViewer 3 is a reliable program, it is very good.
Much more stable than any UltraVNC i ever used!
Unfortunately not OpenSource, too bad!
It is possible to buy the SourceCode?
msi_pmiller

Post by msi_pmiller »

http://download.teamviewer.com/download ... Source.zip

it's right there at the top of this thread
franc

Post by franc »

This is TeamViewer 2.43b Build: 749

But:
Do you know TeamViewer3?
Its not TeamViewer2 and not UltraVNC.
And there is a big difference: Its stable and fast.
And i guess thats why you can not download the sourcecode of TeamViewer3 (3, not 2!).
Last edited by franc on 2008-07-15 14:56, edited 3 times in total.
joeau

Black screen on TeamViewer

Post by joeau »

I use TeamViewer 3.6 and connect to a remote client. It is connected but the screen is black. However, I can still do the file transfer.
How's to fix this problem to view the remote client's screen?
Thanks,
Joe.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Re: Black screen on TeamViewer

Post by JDaus »

try posting on a teamviewer forum (if there is such).

alternatively, provide us with as much information as possible (versions of software, windows, memory usage etc) and maybe someone can help you better (but maybe not)

i have never touched teamviewer, but maybe others have ... the more information you can provide about the problem the better ... have you connected to other computers and it worked ... etc

hope this helps
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
redge

Re: Black screen on TeamViewer

Post by redge »

1.there no support of teamviewer at all here. sorry
2.support from teamviewer 3 and higher is teamviewer only unrelated to vnc nor uvnc.
niksus

Post by niksus »

Is this the support forum for TeamViewer?

I've installed TeamViewer 4 in service mode and I'm no longer able to use Winkey+L keyboard combination (Switch User/Lock Workstation).
redge

Post by redge »

niksus wrote:Is this the support forum for TeamViewer?

I've installed TeamViewer 4 in service mode and I'm no longer able to use Winkey+L keyboard combination (Switch User/Lock Workstation).
No
niksus

Post by niksus »

Well, where could I ask a question like this then?
redge

Post by redge »

niksus wrote:Well, where could I ask a question like this then?
http://support.teamviewer.com/index.php?languageid=1
Last edited by redge on 2009-04-23 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
rocky89

Teamviewer help

Post by rocky89 »

there is no team viewer forum out there. pretty gae considering how many people use it these days.

anyways . I am having trouble operating team viewer. i am trying to view security cameras through it .

heres the setup. at my office i have cameras hooked up to a dvr card. where everything records.

i have team viewer on both sides. when i try to log in to my office comp. through my laptop to view the cameras. i dont see anything on the laptop. where the cameras video is supposed to be . there is nothing .

i can successfully log in . ? should i do . @ first i though video isnt transmitted. so i went to you tube on my office computer through the laptop . and it worked.

someone help me me out.

i cant figure this out .
jordanllgg45

I would like to know on how to use Team Viewer easily

Post by jordanllgg45 »

I am pretty new at using Team Viewer and I would like to know how to use it. But I do not know what an ID and password is. Like I want to go into this kids computer but I do not know what his ID and password is. That is the problem here that I am having. And how do I know who else has Team Viewer? And also, I am having some trouble with this kid because I sent him my ID and my password to him and he did not get back to me and did not want to invite me. He just ignored my letter. And that made me very mad. Because this kid has a very neat program that is on his computer. And I want to use the File Transfer option to put it on my computer. But I cannot do that, since he keeps ignoring me and not getting back to me. I am so upset about this. But is there any other way to reach this person? But what I am mostly saying is that how do I find out who has Team Viewer? Like what if that person that keeps ignoring me has Team Viewer but he does not want my ID and my password? That is just plain rude, I must say. But I would defiantly like to know more about on how to send my ID and Password to my other friends so I can start using their computers and stuff like that. But I am really upset about that kid because it just ignored me for some reason. I wonder if there is any other way to contact this kid so that he can install Team Viewer himself and get my ID and password. Because this wasn't very nice of him to do this to me. And I really want this program off his computer a lot! Well anyway, just let me know how to contact this person so that he will install Team Viewer for sure and that he tells me his own ID and password for me. So get to me as soon as possible and let me know on how to do this for me. So thank you very much! :( :|
B

Re: I would like to know on how to use Team Viewer easily

Post by B »

This isn't a TeamViewer forum/site, but I must say I found your post entertaining! :)

Just in case you're serious, no one is under any obligation to let you control their machines remotely or share software with you. If you become actually friendly with the person, perhaps he or she will share. Good luck.

TeamViewer is a commercial program and you should probably direct your questions at their site.
shaz444

Teamviewer No sound audio when remote access enabled?

Post by shaz444 »

No sound audio when remote access enabled on another computer.
I want to hear the audio (external mic) on the other pc & when I am remote accessing the pc (with ext mic) I want to be able to hear what is the mic picking up on the other end? Thanks
redge

Post by redge »

ask on the forum of teamviewer, not here
teamviewer is not compatible vnc since teamviewer 3.0
http://www.teamviewer.com/help/support.aspx