Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Feature Request for Next Version

Peter Marchert

Feature Request for Next Version

Post by Peter Marchert »

Hello,

here is my wishlist for the next release :) :

For the viewer:

- Version info in the viewer
- When connection 100% screen size
- Confirmation before deleting a saved connection
- Not closing the viewer when closing the debug window
- Closing the debug window, when closing the viewer
- Not loosing the focus from the current connection when saving
- The test button is only avaiable when clicking on "Via Repeater" not when choosing a connection which is a repeater connection
- For the chat a hint like MSN-Messanger if some body is just typing in. So he knows that a message will come shortly and he has to wait and not type in at the same time.

For the server:
- Preselecting the first connection so the user have only to click on the connect button

Peter

[mod=3406,1173717959]changed title[/mod]
Last edited by Peter Marchert on 2009-05-31 09:15, edited 5 times in total.
EDV-Service Marchert
Programming for Excel and Outlook
X-Byte

Re: Wishlist

Post by X-Byte »

As there's no official sticky wishlist thread for PHW I just add my wishes to this one, maybe getting it sticky some day? ;-)

The devs could (should?) add their comments to these wishes and maybe make some kind of statement, if and when such a feature may be added.

A little cleanup from a moderator will be neccessary to keep out discussions from this thread and reduce collected informations to the essential ones.

So here are my wishes:

Viewer:
- Logical tab order. Right now it's pretty messed up, totally confusing if you try to navigate to all options of the connection dialog. Some options aren't reachable by keyboard at all.

- Visual cleanup of the connection dialog. Here's my proposal:

Bye
X-Byte
bevtech

Re: Feature Request for Next Version

Post by bevtech »

Add (Client enters IP,PORT,ID) manually options
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
RAF

Post by RAF »

Hello,
I wish in the next version the transmission of ordinary keyboard charactes (anything non-control does not get xmitted, the only workaround I found was typing text to wordpad, with automatic xmission of the clipboard enabled, and use cut and paste, but if I use cut and paste for files on the remote PC there's a crash, so I have to remember to switch automatic xmission of the clipboard off) to work.

It would be real great if there was a simple file-xmit between the 2 PCs that allows to select a filename on either system viel some kind of file selector and just send it like dcc-send in IRC.

It would be helpfull if there was some help or explanation of the buttons etc. of PcHelpWare built in.

But even with all it's "obstacles" it's a great programme already.

Thanks & greetings,
RAF
fredriksk

Re: Wishlist

Post by fredriksk »

X-Byte wrote:...
- Visual cleanup of the connection dialog. Here's my proposal:

Love that interface cleanup. Much more strait forward.
razor

Post by razor »

log\debug of connections !!!
in *.log format
Dionisio

Post by Dionisio »

Hello.
In case we dont use ip number but dns name, it would be great that, when autoreconnecting from server, it rechecks this dns name, because ip number associated with it may vary.
Excuse my english.
Regards.
archim3de

whishlist: request for some features

Post by archim3de »

Hi

I found wonderful pchelpware but i think it could be better with theese features:

- option for removing of wallpaper in server
- option to create both server and a "simple viewer": the viewer i dream is an executable without advanced controls: only "a on/off" switch to enable o disable it.
- i'd like to use port different from standard 5500/5900: now we can change port for viewer , but isn't possible to change server port from 5500 to an other port...

is possible to implement theese features?
how many time it may request?

thank you

bye bye
mariusz

Post by mariusz »

Option to run viewer in silent/hidden mode (viewer.exe -hide default.phw)
Jimbo3011

Post by Jimbo3011 »

recording the sessions in flash :shock:
karstenschilder

Post by karstenschilder »

A queue with a simple chat function in the viewer would be nice.

That way, i could give a download of the server to the public and could help one by one and talk to them, before connecting remotely.

Additionally the feature requested by mariusz. Hidden in tray with a icon. When people get into the queue a little popup appears for a short time. The icon changes to the number of people in the queue.

So there i also vote for archim3de's idea with the simple viewer, so that it could be put into the autostart.

EDIT: Idea for UAC: Don't use that video driver. Better use that way the remote assistance make use of: disable temporary the secure desktop (can be done in registry).
Last edited by karstenschilder on 2007-05-06 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

it would be nice to have the ability to "auto-click" the connect button after user runs the .exe file.

Can you add the ability to specify the "-DIRECT" flag from the GUI administration screen?

This way, we will not have to edit the helpdesk.txt file every time we need to build the .exe file.

For example, you could add an option that says, "Use direct connection?". If selected, this option would add the "-DIRECT" flag, and then also automatically answer "no" when asked if we want to use a password or username after pressing the "create server" button.

Thanks!
Last edited by hstraf on 2007-05-11 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
ewieldra

Post by ewieldra »

Hi All,

I'd like to

- Password protect the repeater

Thnx

Emiel
Last edited by ewieldra on 2007-05-12 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalPhoenix

Post by DigitalPhoenix »

Like to see a repeater that runs on my linux root server. ;-)

Good job for now ! Go on ...
photoman

Post by photoman »

How about allowing the support of different image formats, like GIF. It would help to keep the file size down. Having added our company logo, the background.bmp is now double the size. If we could use GIF format, the size would be a quarter of what it currently is.
shadowlab

Post by shadowlab »

Could something be coded in so that you can be notified when a client wishes to connect to the server? Maybe have a confirmation dialog with Accept, Ignore or Deny with Reason.

Also, could the server program be made so it could have minimize to taskbar?

Here's hoping to seeing these features in future releases. :D
mannymd

Allow repeater to bind to a specify IP address

Post by mannymd »

In case a server has more than one IP address, I would like to be able to specify which IP address to bind the repeater to.
LeeJones

Re: Feature Request for Next Version of Viewer

Post by LeeJones »

Viewer - be able to pull up a profile a command-line variable, or save a profile as default. It would be great to be able to run:

Code: Select all

PcHelpWare_viewer.exe -connection default.phw -start
and

Code: Select all

PcHelpWare_viewer.exe -repeater repeater01.ultravnc.info -listen 5901 -id 12345 -quality mid
Lee Jones, Compusource
moontear

Post by moontear »

I know it is stated as a feature somewhere having drag 'n drop support - but I would like to have a
  • file browser
to transfer files from host<->remote. It is simply quicker for me to work with some explorer like thing instead of having to drag 'n drop things.
rlw

Post by rlw »

How about a simple server (remote) setup?

Basically, all that's needed for a basic setup are the following:

Server alias/name
Listener IP/FQDN (i.e., 192.168.1.x or foo.dyndns.biz)
Listener port (default to 5500)

Prompt for those values and generate the server .EXE. Customization could be accomplished by dumping the icon and background.bmp files into the create_server/custom folder.

I agree with other requests -- "explorer-style" file transfers, minimize listener to notification area, remove remote background on connection, simple listener.

Like UltraVNC/TightVNC, allow changes to protocol "on-the-fly".

As is, it's a pretty impressive piece of software. It's easier to configure encryption (because it's AUTOMATIC, DUH!) than UVNC-SC, but it loses some of the features of UVNC.

Keep up the good work!

RLW
dgoadby

Teamviewer feature request

Post by dgoadby »

I just had a "free" session with Teamviewer and it really works. I have a problem with a server behind a NAT that I cannot get at but I need to allow unattended connections. Teamviewer allows me to log in to the server without them having to do anything at all providing they already have the ID and password. For all of my other machines I have port forwarding and VNc works ok for these.

Now, PcHelpWare has a login screen which is ok if there is a user present. I would like to have a pcHelpWare server that sits in the system tray quietly making viewer requests from time to time (30 seconds or less) so I can get in to my clients machines out of hours for updates etc.

I didn't see this as an option when I built the server. Is there a way of doing this? If not, is it planned as a feature for the future? Even a windows timed task would be ok for this providing I would pass the login details in the command line. I would start my viewer and pick up the server when it became active.

Any ideas?
Regards

David Goadby
thor918

Re: Teamviewer feature request

Post by thor918 »

try VNC echoware. when your client runs a server package, it will lie in the systray until the user exits it or you do it.
tonibony

Post by tonibony »

I wish PCHelpware server and client to be able to connect to repeater on port 443 (https), even when there is no proxy configured in the local registry. For example, when the connection to "normal" server/client port (55xx/59xx) doesn't succeed.

I needed this in a corporate network, where the firewall/NAT allowed outbound connections only to destination tcp ports 80 and 443 and there is no local proxy. From my tests and some posts on the forum, I found that PCHelpware 1.0 connects to repeater port 443 only through proxy. In this situation I instruct the user to install and configure some free proxy (Privoxy is my favorite). But this spoils the simplicity of using the PCHelpware server - the thing I like most!
Last edited by tonibony on 2007-10-22 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
Xeiran

Post by Xeiran »

Great product, I've been experimenting with it myself. I especially like the ability to spam it. Still, like any version 1.0 product, it could do more.

Features would like to see immediately:
-- Shell program for viewer and server that allows each to only need a repeater for setting up a connection, and then turns the connection into a "direct" connection, rather than the repeater being neccessary to maintain the connection (and thereby slowing things down). Works even through NAT/PAT firewalls for both viewer and server. See freeware program http://www.crossloop.com for a terrific example of this.
-- Ability to create a "one click" viewer - on/off, or at least allow for command line scripting to start the viewer up with various options and default profile.
-- Option to disable server background on connect (for faster screen response)
-- Option to send a Ctrl+Alt+Del signal from viewer to server - for when those pesky password protected screensavers pop up (otherwise user on other end must re-enter password)(although this could be a helpdesk feature as is, rather than something needing to be fixed...)
-- Viewer that minimizes to task tray only, pops up a balloon window when a new connection is incoming
-- Viewer asks support person if they want to accept an incoming connection, rather than just automatically connecting (like UltraVNC and Crossloop)
-- Option to show time connected for viewer and server (See Crossloop)
-- Option for server helpee to turn off keyboard/mouse input (so that support person is in a "view only"mode) (See Crossloop)

Features that would be nice to see later on:
-- Better info screen (minimize, scroll side to side, resize) (I was able to modify it with Resource Hacker to work for me, but as I am no programmer it took a lot of work and still isn't all that great).
-- Explorer style file transfer window, possibly with pop up window asking user on opposite end if they want to accept the incoming files about to be transferred. (See Crossloop)
-- dual screen support
-- 100% zoom button
-- approximate zoom %
-- Viewer tentatively accepts connection into a queue but does not connect until support person says so.
-- Easier way to spam - perhaps 2-3 "blank" templates

Some folks have asked for features that seem a little backwards for this app, and folks need to remember that (right now at least) PcHelpWare is a helpdesk application first and foremost, meant to support a live person on both ends. It's not a remote control program for unattended or automatic control (go use regular VNC or Microsoft's Remote Control), and it's not a screen sharing program for multiple people to see what you're doing (go use WebEx or Live Meeting for that).

Also, while all the features above (and a couple others I'm not remembering but mentioned by others) would be nice, the only feature that I would consider a MUST have would be the first one - the shell program to allow the repeater to merely be used to set up a connection (even through NAT/PAT firewalls) and then get out of the way, rather than repeating the whole session.

For this one feature alone, as much as I like PcHelpWare and as much time as I've spent customizing it for my use, I'm actually using Crossloop more for impromptu help sessions, because it's so ridiculously easy to set up and use from anywhere, despite Crossloop's own problems (no screen scaling, must install program rather than one-click help support and then autoremove itself from host computer, cannot spam).
Last edited by Xeiran on 2007-10-19 19:04, edited 2 times in total.
Xeiran

Post by Xeiran »

tonibony wrote:I needed this in a corporate network, where the firewall/NAT allowed outbound connections only on tcp ports 80 and 443 and there is no local proxy.
Tonyboni - If there's no proxy and only ports 80 and 443 are allowed out, then it sounds like folks can't even connect to the Internet from their local computer for the most part, since while *inbound* connections may be on port 80 or 443, *outbound* connections most of the time are not, and in fact are typically all over the spectrum (even if the outbound connection's destination is port 443 or port 80, the outbound connection itself rarely if ever originates on that same port).

Basically, that's one seriously locked down network, and it sounds like you need to be talking to the network admins to loosen up a little, rather than trying to get the developer to build a way around that level of lockdown, since anyone managing to get around that sort of lockdown is clearly doing it against the wishes of the person who put it there in the first place.
bevtech

Post by bevtech »

kuzotare

Hello everyone. I was wondering if in some way was possible to combine an application that the receipt of a connection in arrival, initiate an alarm, and registers the duration of the connection.
Last edited by bevtech on 2007-11-22 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
hardhatinc

feature request

Post by hardhatinc »

would it be possible to not have a file transfer size limit?

[mod=494,1203026537]merged post to existing topic feature request[/mod]
Last edited by hardhatinc on 2008-02-14 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
afatac

Post by afatac »

My wish list for future version:

1. Voice chat

2. Server can decide whether to let Viewer control his/her computer

3. Able to pass through transparent proxy
Last edited by afatac on 2008-07-28 13:27, edited 2 times in total.
flemming

Post by flemming »

Our wish list:

1. File Transfers
2. Reboot PC/server running server, and reconnect afterwards
2. MAC support for server part
3. Ability to install server as an Active-X component
4. Queuing
5. popup on viewer-end about someone wanting support [accept/reject/later]

Best Regards
LogiqIT
rpcblast

Post by rpcblast »

I have to agree 100% with the user requesting SSL proxy capabilities, and heres why. One: SSL from my understanding is one of the most secure tunneling protocalls available. Also, it solves the problem of having to open up ports in the corporate firewall, OR on a home users firewall. I use singleclick III and I run an SSL repeater and I LOVE it. If I need to help a client, usually on a personal computer, I just have them go to a webpage, download the EXE, and I can connect. Logmein rescue, and I believe webex work in a similar fashion, proxying over SSL. The thing is, not only do you have your own /corporate network to worry about, but the person you are trying to support as well.